User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

China Proposes To Cut Two Thirds Of Its $3 Trillion In USD Holdings: Now you can see, what can happen (or rather is happening) to the US Dollar when such a huge selling is triggered. http://goldsilver.com/news/china-pro...-usd-holdings/

&

Why Is Anyone Still Waiting to Sell the Dollar? By Axel Merk http://www.chrismartenson.com/blog/a...l-dollar/56906
    (podcast link is in the center, for more details please listen to the podcast)
    Last edited by ashedfc; Sun, Apr 24th, 2011 at 01:54 PM. Reason: to add podcast link

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Dollar collapse is already happening (although its very gradual, so common person cannot notice)..

The last support is 71.32, as 74.24 is already broken (once it breaks, than its game over................. & something drastic can be expected).

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Theres no point in living in fear or thinking that all these things may or may not happen. Seriously. Why not enjoy your life instead of worrying of the unknown.
    I totally agree! Why worry about it, we all know what's coming in terms of gas and grocery prices, and there's nothing we can do about it...so live for the day and go with the flow! IMHO

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by nadiabreckon View Post
    I totally agree! Why worry about it, we all know what's coming in terms of gas and grocery prices, and there's nothing we can do about it...so live for the day and go with the flow! IMHO
    I actually disagree.

I have been a gloom'n'doomer for a very long time. Early on, we were barely scraping by, so we had no choice but to pretty well live hand to mouth. My concern for the future motivated me to improve my financial situation so that I had an income that would more than just cover my expenses. Enter the new job (and move to the US), and the shift to ultra-frugality.

The surplus funds were poured directly into eliminating debt, building an emergency cushion, buying metals (this was in 1998 to 2002), and building a larger cushion. Then came investments and bank accounts. I am now in an extremely good financial position and money is no longer a worry. Of course it helps that I still spend like I had no money. There are millionaires who frequent these sites despite popular belief that real-life millionaires live like their TV counterparts.

I never once lived in fear of the future. In fact, my preparations made me feel far more secure about it. Will some of my expenses have been a waste of money? Sure, but no more than buying house insurance is a waste of money if your house doesn't burn down - in fact, it is indeed foolish to not buy it.

You are standing on the railroad tracks and you see a train barrelling toward you. You can be frozen in fear, you can accept that you are likely to be killed anyway so decide to enjoy your final seconds, or you can start on a plan to get off of the darn tracks.

Chances are pretty good that if things do get worse, your plans could save your financial hide (and possibly your life). Chances are also excellent that if things don't get as bad as I expect that preparations will still put you in a far better position.

I don't dread what is coming, for I know that it will come whether I fear it or not. But I don't ignore it either.

Plan for the worst, hope for the best. It has worked pretty well so far.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

"Gold is expensive, not yet (its still affordable), very soon it won't be.
    Silver is called poor man's gold, because of its lower price."

Clarification needed please. Are you suggesting gold rather than silver? or gold is the better investment? If gold is the best, is silver next?
    Thanks
    "The years teach us much, which the days never knew."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    I actually disagree.

I have been a gloom'n'doomer for a very long time. Early on, we were barely scraping by, so we had no choice but to pretty well live hand to mouth. My concern for the future motivated me to improve my financial situation so that I had an income that would more than just cover my expenses. Enter the new job (and move to the US), and the shift to ultra-frugality.

The surplus funds were poured directly into eliminating debt, building an emergency cushion, buying metals (this was in 1998 to 2002), and building a larger cushion. Then came investments and bank accounts. I am now in an extremely good financial position and money is no longer a worry. Of course it helps that I still spend like I had no money. There are millionaires who frequent these sites despite popular belief that real-life millionaires live like their TV counterparts.

I never once lived in fear of the future. In fact, my preparations made me feel far more secure about it. Will some of my expenses have been a waste of money? Sure, but no more than buying house insurance is a waste of money if your house doesn't burn down - in fact, it is indeed foolish to not buy it.

You are standing on the railroad tracks and you see a train barrelling toward you. You can be frozen in fear, you can accept that you are likely to be killed anyway so decide to enjoy your final seconds, or you can start on a plan to get off of the darn tracks.

Chances are pretty good that if things do get worse, your plans could save your financial hide (and possibly your life). Chances are also excellent that if things don't get as bad as I expect that preparations will still put you in a far better position.

I don't dread what is coming, for I know that it will come whether I fear it or not. But I don't ignore it either.

Wow.

That was very well spoken.. err.. typed.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    I actually disagree.

Whatever floats your boat I guess...
    As long as our son is well cared for if (more like when) we die, then we can't change the inevitable.

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

Whatever floats your boat I guess...
    As long as our son is well cared for if (more like when) we die, then we can't change the inevitable.
    I think previous poster was going more for WHAT is going to be done so that your son is well cared for when you pass away. It doesn't just HAPPEN.

tightwad and proud of it! brunt's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You may not be able to change events, but you sure as heck can change their consequences on you and your family.
    Last edited by brunt; Tue, Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:05 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ask any German who lived 1921-23, you will get the answer, as to how many people's lives can get destroyed in a currency collapse environment.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ashedfc View Post
    Ask any German who lived 1921-23, you will get the answer, as to how many people's lives can get destroyed in a currency collapse environment.

I really don't understand your statements most of the time... Not sure if it's just me, but you always seem to bring in people of different countries, different currencies, etc instead of staying in Canada...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I really don't understand your statements most of the time... Not sure if it's just me, but you always seem to bring in people of different countries, different currencies, etc instead of staying in Canada...
    Oh No, This statement was not for you.
    Rather, its a general statement of more like a wake up call, so people can realize the magnitude of the currency problem & take preventive measures well ahead of time.
    Other countries are used as examples, because they are the one who have gone through the horror of hyperinflation in history. But this time its the US dollar & since its the World Reserve Currency, the consequences will be allover..

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Inflation genie is already out of the bottle (& the impact is clearly visible) .....

And the Best Performing Investment of The..............…
    ...DAY is: Silver.
    …WEEK is: Silver.
    …MONTH is: Silver.
    …QUARTER is: Silver.
    …HALF-YEAR is: Silver.
    ...1 FULL-YEAR is:Silver.

Have a look: http://sgtreport.com/2011/04/and-the...the/#more-2285

Trading Score
    118 (100%)

I think the next year or so will be a wake up call for a lot. So I hope. We live in Canada. A beautiful, great and strong country in our own right. However, we DO NOT live in a bubble that isn't affected by the USA, by Japan, by the rest of the world. WE ARE ONE. Some things that happen in another place in this world, won't affect us at all, other things, a little. And others... a lot! And it even goes into how something that affetcs one family/person a lot... may not affect another family/person at all. Things are changing, BIG time. What you THINK or THOUGHT was secure, good, postive, awesome... may get shaken up. The changes that have happened, are happening and will happen are on a larger scale than MOST of us have ever seen before.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    This is what happens when you watch too much USA news. Holy fear mongering.
    Here is the latest update:'Israeli jets prepare in Iraq to strike Iran' http://www.presstv.ir/detail/177824.html
    The New Cold War: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...106483816.html
    High Oil price are here to stay.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information