User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I am new to couponing. For those of you who are more experienced are there certain products that you refuse to pay for because coupons make them free?

Which items do you refuse to pay for? I read a Canadian blog where the writer said she will not pay for deodorant/antipersperant, maxipads/tampons or paper towels.

I'm trying to gauge what I can get for free and how long I should hold off on buying things so I can build a solid stockpile for cheap.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

EdmontonSaver EdmontonChristine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I refuse to pay for toothpaste, shampoo, deodorants, vitamins, bodywash, lotion, tide, and the list could go on from there, thats just off the top of my head. Now that I see how easy it is to get these things for free, I absolutely could not live with myself if I had to pay for them, ahha

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't been doing this long enough to establish things that I wouldn't pay for again... but my first rule so far is, I will NOT pay more than $2 for toilet paper, and it must be 24+ rolls for me to pay even that.

I'd love to have a list of 'won't pay for' as long as Christine's. Maybe you should teach me how to shop! lol

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krissiten View Post
    I haven't been doing this long enough to establish things that I wouldn't pay for again... but my first rule so far is, I will NOT pay more than $2 for toilet paper, and it must be 24+ rolls for me to pay even that.

I'd love to have a list of 'won't pay for' as long as Christine's. Maybe you should teach me how to shop! lol
    Krissiten, Anytime! haha I bring my friends along all the time, they love it! I'd say its mainly about having a good selection of coupons which takes time.

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

currently ziplock bags! lol so many that we got so cheap..
    - body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant (mens anyways.. womens is harder) and i try to pay very very little for diapers.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Arrrrg I just realized i screwed myself out of almost free tide. I didn't know that at LD I could use the brandsaver online coupon buy 2 save 5 and brandsaver insert buy 2 save 5 together to purchase only 2 bottles of tide arrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Now I'm adding refusal to pay for laundry soap to my personal list along with refusal to pay for deodorant/antiperspirant.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalkitty View Post
    Arrrrg I just realized i screwed myself out of almost free tide. I didn't know that at LD I could use the brandsaver online coupon buy 2 save 5 and brandsaver insert buy 2 save 5 together to purchase only 2 bottles of tide arrrrrrrghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Now I'm adding refusal to pay for laundry soap to my personal list along with refusal to pay for deodorant/antiperspirant.
    It takes time I hate that feeling when you realize that you just paid for something you could have gotten free or close to it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    45 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by seventhwave View Post
    currently ziplock bags! lol so many that we got so cheap..
    - body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant (mens anyways.. womens is harder) and i try to pay very very little for diapers.
    if you're looking for womens deodorant, walmart had lady speed stick for 1.27 and it would be close to free with the $1 coupon (might still be on sale not sure?)

and i totally agree with you guys!! would not pay for personal toiletries, cleaning supplies and ziplocs lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi there, if you still have your receipt, and it's within 15 days, I'm sure you can get a price adjustment, using the coupons you forgot. I'd go to the LD at WEM,they are very accommodating and pleasant to deal with. Good Luck!

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

hey don't forget dish detergent i share my stash of cascade and dawn with my family all the time
    and hair color like nice n easy and herbal shine - my mom loves them

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

Other then wm and ld, i would rather pay .27 then have the hassle of, the coupon is over the price, call supervisor, call manager, call owner, call the prime minister, oh ok you can have it but no overage

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

All of the above plus smellies and razors.

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Also add baby formula to the list and wipes and diapers

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

I won't pay for vitamins, deodorant, body wash, toothpaste, toothbrushes, pads, ziplocs. That's just the main things I guess...I am not a stacker, so not a whole lot of other things are totally free.

Oops...I just noticed this was posted in the Edmonton section...I'm in Ontario! LOL!
    Last edited by KellyC; Thu, Apr 28th, 2011 at 04:34 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I noticed on the P&G brand coupons that I requested actually say that you can't combine them with other coupons. Can you still combine them with other P&G coupons that you get in the mail?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information