User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    86 (100%)

I went to SDM today to buy milk, diapers, ect... Brought my 4yr old daughter with me. I've only had but wonderful experiences there for a long time until today. A little girl ahead of us had gotten a balloon from a cashier. My daughter asked if she could get one (they were at a different cash). We finish up and I walk over to that cash to ask if she can have one. The manager walks by and says No, they are for a birthday order. We go to the car, and my poor 4yr old is sniffling and very upset that the other girl got one and not her. So we go back and to buy a darn balloon. We wait in line, then I ask to buy one and the manager says "No, we have a line up and other orders". I said, I'll buy one, not looking to get one. I said she's upset because another little girl got one and not her. "No, I'm sorry we have a line up and other orders". Like how does the line up make a difference? So I had to take my now crying 4yr old out of the store. All the way home I got to listen to "But it's not fair, the other girl got one" between sobs. I realize we are talking about a silly balloon here, but none of this would have been an issue if the cashier hadn't given away a balloon to one girl and not another. So thank you to SDM for making a little girl cry!

ARGGG...just frustrated. Thanks for listening to me vent!
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    Last edited by Insane; Sun, May 1st, 2011 at 07:35 PM.
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I am sorry your daughter was so upset. When you are 4, it is not just a silly balloon. I must agree with her, it was very unfair.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I hope you are going to write a long complaint letter....that would have pi$$ed me off!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I think there's a certain way with dealing with stuff like this, the manager should have atleast allowed you to buy the balloon regardless. I think the manager was totally wrong in this case, no point in filing a complaint or whatnot though in my opinion.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Awww. How very frustrating for both your daughter and for you. Poor kid. That manager was just being a meanie.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Awww, feeling your pains as I've got a balloon loving four year old also.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

My DH would have freaked, make his daughter cry. It's not about the balloon or giving in to your DDs cries. That was horrible. You are a customer, if they are busy or not so busy that should never be a factor. That incident should be reported to a regional manager. She should have still treated you with respect, look at the chain reaction you tell us SC'ers we tell everyone and all the people in the store see her treat you and your DD like you are not important. Totally bad for business. Where has the 'customer service' gone?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by daisybear View Post
    I hope you are going to write a long complaint letter....that would have pi$$ed me off!!!!
    I thought about it.But I'm afraid of repercussions. It's the only store and it'd be obvious who made the complaint.

I'm sure next time she sees that manager (a 4yr might be flighty but their memory is long!) she'll say "that's the mean lady who wouldn't give me a balloon" (or something to that effect) making the manager feel really small!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

What kind of a manager says no to a 4 year old over a balloon... especially if you offered to buy one? Maybe she doesn't have kids, and if she does.... well, feel sorry for them! Hugs to your little one!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    95 (100%)

It surprises me how some people have NO IDEA how to deal with children!!!!!

...and I feel your pain. I accidentally let my son's balloon fly away one day after shopping. Oh boy, it was the first time that he had ever given me the silent treatment!!

The only thing better than saving money is VOLLEYBALL!!!

moe
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good Morning
    I sorry your daughter was upset. I totally get your rant. Customer service is a lost art. Its so rare now to find a pleasant friendly person working in store. Alot of days I come home upset and angry after shopping because of rude and bad service.
    It not like there doing me any favors. That are lots of other store we can use, out there and I have going back to stores because the staff is nice to deal with.
    A ballon are you kidding me, what would it have cost him. it just good PR. What store were you in?
    How you have a better day today.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    143 (100%)

I'd call head office. Service is service no matter how old you are! Besides you too were a paying customer and should be treated equally! I would not have been so quiet if that had been my child. I would have stayed there and let them listen to her. That just ticks me off to hear stuff like that happening. You are a patient wome.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

sorry for your little one....so young to be confronted with unfair things of life...
    and thumb down to the manager...
    if it was only a balloon for him it was everything for a 4 yo little girl and he should have understood it....and today'S young girls are tomorrow shoppers, i think he miss something there...

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Wow, thats so sad!! A balloon is such a small thing to make a child's day...Boo on SDM!!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

What a sad thing for her today. To us it just might be a balloon. Maybe what the manager was thinking. But to a 4 year old its so much more. My son is 4. A balloon to them might be like a new shirt etc. to us. So if we saw someone in another line getting a really nice T-shirt that they were giving out for free. Wouldn't we want one. Then to be told no but we see that we could buy it as we really like that T-shirt. And then are refused because they are too busy. Well really. We would be irate. What, not taking our money to buy an item. It just terrible and bad business.

I hope your next time in the store is better. Hugs to your daughter.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information