User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 217 View Post
    The same applies at Toys 'R Us. If you think about it, most of the time they are making sure that you actually buy both items. The items are often not priced individually at $2.50/each, therefore the cash register doesn't always know until the cashier presses the total button. Annoying but it is a way to make sure the promotion is used to its advantage.
    I know they are not individually priced at $ 2.50 ..but in the old system the moment 2 bags are scanned ( not just 1 ) ..the price would self adjust to reflect the promo price in the old system ..if only 1 was scanned it would show up as $ 2.79 ..but if 2 were scanned it would immediately show up as $ 2.79 for first bag & $ 2.21 for second on the screen .

Now even after 2 bags are scanned the $ 2.79 price still keeps on showing up ...& at the very end when the enter button is pressed the price may or may not self adjust ..you don't really know if it will .

The problem with this is that if you are buying lot of products you can't see the price on the screen anymore as it scrolls up & goes away from the screen as the new products are scanned ..so now you have to wait till the receipt is printed to make sure if the price self adjusted or not ..you can't see it in real time as the products are being scanned

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

I agree ...this new system sucks . It was the same thing at RCSS a while back when they had a B1G1 sale - the discount didn't show up until the end after all items were rung in so u really had to check your receipt.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

The new WM system is the same way. Very confusing!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
    Tonight I went to two stores in Mississauga and they both have new registers. Square 1 and 2470 Hurontario. Cashiers are even more confused than customers.

I had cashiers express their frustrations as they have keep addressing this as an issue with the customer. Progress is not but not when it makes it more confusing for the customer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One of these days someone should develop a pos system with the customer in mind, not just the merchant. I've had several customers point out the "wrong" price because the adjustment is made on the bottom where they can't see it. Frustrating for both parties when this happens, but until they fix it...

Trading Score
    19 (95%)

So now we need to be even more carefull. We will need to verify our invoice beofre walking out of the store..
    Earn free points, get a chance to win a great contest.. Follow this link it's worth you time I swear

Or this link as well for Quebec residents..Free GC and more..

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbieluke11 View Post
    The new WM system is the same way. Very confusing!!
    My Walmart too!! I even went over to Customer Service to point out that I did not get the flyer price......only to be showed that the special price appears at the bottom.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bargain Seeker View Post
    My Walmart too!! I even went over to Customer Service to point out that I did not get the flyer price......only to be showed that the special price appears at the bottom.
    Looks like its a delibrate plot to prevent customer's from getting a SCOP so that they don't notice or point out the wrongly scanned prices in real time

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

The new registers are definitely a hassle because it's really difficult to keep track of the prices, and any errors that may occur. The only plus I can say to this is, with SCOP, it's automated in their price accuracy button, so little-to-no arguments should arise regarding what is the "correct" policy. But then again, you will have to keep a sharp eye on the prices.

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

Anyone know if with the new system, 2002 code will charge you for tax? Today I am trying to buy a free tooth paste, end up ask me to pay tax even with 2002 code?

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    Anyone know if with the new system, 2002 code will charge you for tax? Today I am trying to buy a free tooth paste, end up ask me to pay tax even with 2002 code?
    No, you don't pay tax with the new system and 2002 code.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jlh
    Quote Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
    No, you don't pay tax with the new system and 2002 code.
    Also wondering if this is a change (or an error)? Used some FPCs yesterday and was charged tax even though cashier entered them 2002

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jlh View Post
    They are not supposed to charge tax on FPC's according to the retail sales tax act .

But lot of SC'ers have been charged tax on FPC's in the last few week's @ various SDM location's ..not sure if its a system glitch/error or if that's how SDM is going to do it from now onwards after the new cash register's were implemented...you are not the first to complain about this so I don't know what's going on with SDM

I have lot of FPC's which I am hesitating to use @ SDM just bcoz of this .. I know if I argue they will give me my tax back ..but I would rather have no tax right of the bat than going thru all that hassle

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The RST act is no longer fully in effect since HST, if you read the fine print on that page it says for informational/archival purposes
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by home4now View Post
    Also wondering if this is a change (or an error)? Used some FPCs yesterday and was charged tax even though cashier entered them 2002
    Maybe cashier pressed something else? Like another button or something? I used two FPCs yesterday and was not charged anything. They didn't even give me a receipt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information