User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I was buying some LIFE peanut 600 gm bags today . These are the big bags with the jumbo size peanuts in them . I was also buying a couple of other products with them .

The tag was $ 5 WUB 2 bags .

The cashier scanned the 2 bags ..each bag came up as $ 2.79 ..I told her each bag should be $ 2.50 since its $ 5 WUB 2 ...she said we will see , at the end when the whole transaction was done including other items & the enter button was pressed that's when the price self adjusted to $ 2.50 ..LOL

In the previous system the bags would have shown up as $ 2.50 each the moment the 2 bags were scanned ..so it was easy to get a SCOP or point out the wrong price .. now you can't since you have to wait till the whole transaction is done & its lot harder to point out or notice the wrong scanned price especially when you are buying lot of products as the promo price like WUB 2 , WUB 3 etc doesn't come up immediately

I felt so for telling her the bags should come up as $ 2.50
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Don't feel bad it is just a normal reaction to see and get what we deserve for the right price.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

yep... imagine the confusion when you use 2 FPCs on product having special price wub2 at SDM and this cash register...

They need to put 2 differents price sometime. This happen to me last time with the ice cream and the 5$ coupon. Because they don't apply the wub2 rebate equaly to both item !?!
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    69 (100%)

I've had the same problem...and always stop them mid process to make sure...AND i always say how confusing it is for customers!
    My sdm also has a scanner to check the prices BUT the sale/special prices never show up on it..its always the full price - even the manager thinks its strange(and obviously confusing!)
    Come on -Join me ! Get Points, get Free stuff

http://www.gifthulk.com/refer/kazm-l
    And if you need a link for Zoombucks or Irazoo ....let me know!!

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

I thought Zellers cash registers were bad, but at least their self scanners show the sale price. That's going to be very confusing!

discounter
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

With the old system, it never show up as $250, instead it shows $2.79 and the next one shows $2.21.

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

my IGA has the same....very confusing

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Yes there's a new SDM built by me. I went in and was so confused by the cash I will not shop there. After they press a button you literally have to stand there and do math in your head to see if things came up at the right sale price. What a pain. If not, you have to line up again to get the difference or SCOP. Grr. I will not shop at SDM once all the registers switch over.
    Last edited by Starbaby55; Tue, May 3rd, 2011 at 03:15 PM.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Tonight I went to two stores in Mississauga and they both have new registers. Square 1 and 2470 Hurontario. Cashiers are even more confused than customers.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

safeway tills are the same way.. rather annoying
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

you think they would of realized how crappy the zellers pos system is and steered clear.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

The same applies at Toys 'R Us. If you think about it, most of the time they are making sure that you actually buy both items. The items are often not priced individually at $2.50/each, therefore the cash register doesn't always know until the cashier presses the total button. Annoying but it is a way to make sure the promotion is used to its advantage.

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

My DH thinks SDM will go under after watching how badly the system was working yesterday. They don't know how to use it. They haven't been trained. At my store yesterday, you could only pay with cash or credit card because the system was rejecting debit or GCs. Crazy! Thank goodness I only needed a few things. ( Really just the Lean Cuisine for the LAST stouffer's payout )

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    103 (100%)

is that the new system, 6 months ago our sdm was like that hated it never knew the total till they pressed the button!
    then they changed it and sale prices goes up right away
    hope they are not going back to it!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
    Tonight I went to two stores in Mississauga and they both have new registers. Square 1 and 2470 Hurontario. Cashiers are even more confused than customers.
    That was my experience in Union too, the cashier was so frustrated and they put them in the day before a 20x event!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information