User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Vov76 View Post
    Maybe cashier pressed something else? Like another button or something? I used two FPCs yesterday and was not charged anything. They didn't even give me a receipt.
    Which FPC's were they ?

Were they FPC's of products on which there is no tax anways or where they FPC for products on which normally there is tax ?

I mean cereals never have tax on them ..so if you use a FPC for cereal iirespective of whether there is a glitch in the system or not you won't be charged tax on the cereal FPC.

But if you have a coke FPC & if there is a glitch/error in the SDM system & if you use a coke FPC you might get charged tax on it

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Which FPC's were they ?

Were they FPC's of products on which there is no tax anways or where they FPC for products on which normally there is tax ?

I mean cereals never have tax on them ..so if you use a FPC for cereal iirespective of whether there is a glitch in the system or not you won't be charged tax on the cereal FPC.

But if you have a coke FPC & if there is a glitch/error in the SDM system & if you use a coke FPC you might get charged tax on it
    It was for Aquafina water. I think you usually pay tax for them. Not 100% sure though It was in Mississauga Iona Square store located at 1585 Mississauga Valley Boulevard.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

It was for Aquafina water. I think you usually pay tax for them. Not 100% sure though It was in Mississauga Iona Square store located at 1585 Mississauga Valley Boulevard.

Yes I think you normally pay tax on them ..I have 2 of the cpns too so I might use them at SDM

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

In my past experience, some stores would even be able to wave the tax for you with 2001 code, very strange. Happen to me once, that the product is $3.99 and coupon is $4, so cashier said you get it for free since coupon cover it, I could see TAX was applied, but think they hit maybe cash button or something to basically proceed.

I am wondering maybe SDM start to charge tax for FPC now, since some products like from P&G ask customer to pay tax, so they must got some like that and with 2002 code, they might lose money.

Maybe cashier pressed something else? Like another button or something? I used two FPCs yesterday and was not charged anything. They didn't even give me a receipt.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Yeah it is a new system that was introduced about 2 or so years ago and they have been working to switch over all the registers. And of course new stores are being opened with this new epos system. Staff are being trained but head office is only allowing 8 people per store to go and it is a 3 hour training so you can imagine how overwhelming it is for people who do not attend and for those attending to explain it to the others! I know my store is not providing a paid 3 hour for people to learn! Urgh! I hate the new system as well because of scop and customers have so many questions (as do cashiers) because like mentioned, the sale price does not come up right away and calculations have to be made in your head! Wayyy too many things to think about at the cash register these days!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2jk19 View Post
    Yeah it is a new system that was introduced about 2 or so years ago and they have been working to switch over all the registers. And of course new stores are being opened with this new epos system. Staff are being trained but head office is only allowing 8 people per store to go and it is a 3 hour training so you can imagine how overwhelming it is for people who do not attend and for those attending to explain it to the others! I know my store is not providing a paid 3 hour for people to learn! Urgh! I hate the new system as well because of scop and customers have so many questions (as do cashiers) because like mentioned, the sale price does not come up right away and calculations have to be made in your head! Wayyy too many things to think about at the cash register these days!
    That is wrong ! They have to pay you for any training you need for your job . It has to be on company time ..they can't expect it to be Off clock on your time

I have been to so many trainings at the places I have worked ..usually to the head office that is a bit far away from my workplace . They have always compensated me for the time & also given us lunches , dinners etc ...more often than not the training has only been for 3-4 hrs but they would still pay us for the whole day ( 8 hrs )

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I trained one cashier today She didn't know how to process my payment. So I just looked at the screen and explained it to her

Gift card, press F7, click enter and done. She was very happy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yesterday i had a bonus optimum coupon transaction, the cashier couldnt scan it, she tried to punch it in and couldnt. another cashier came over and tried, couldnt. the manager came and tried, couldnt. she finally took the coupon and my optimum card no. and said she would have to "do it manually". i'm guessing she is calling it in?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information