User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by home4now View Post
    Got charged tax on all my FPCs last week even though they were entered as code 2002. Was calling HO about a diff problem so thought I'd ask about this as well. Was told this is an error & tax should not be charged on cpns entered as 2002. Asked me to fax my receipt & they will contact the store to have their register corrected. Hopefully HO will check or inform all SDMs. Wonder if this is a programming problem due to the new registers?
    Thank you for asking. This happened to me, too. I will call HQ also.

I hope other people read your post and see they can be calling to report this problem instead of just complaining here on SC and accepting it

Silk

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by anisa
    in ontario, fpc's should have no tax anyways right? i'm not sure about other provinces
    Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    That's right if the FPC says on it taxes included ..otherwise they can charge if they want ( I think ) ..provided its a taxable item in the first place
    Under ON provincial law, retail sales tax (RST-meaning HST) is not supposed to be charged on FPCs if you're not req'd to buy another item to get the free product (i.e. excludes B1G1)...

"Coupons Offering Free Merchandise
    Free Taxable Goods, No Purchase Required

A coupon that is issued by either a retailer or a manufacturer may provide for taxable merchandise to be given free of charge, with no requirement to purchase other merchandise. The person presenting the coupon is not required to pay RST on the free merchandise. In this case, the person bearing the expense of the free merchandise (i.e. manufacturer) is required to pay RST on the cost of the merchandise."

http://www.rev.gov.on.ca/en/guides/rst/511.html

P.S. Thanks Silk
    Last edited by home4now; Wed, May 11th, 2011 at 12:01 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to SDM today and used a FPC for Crest Pro Health toothpaste and wasn't charged any tax on it so it's still FREE!

jlh
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

I went to 4 of the stores in the city, 2002 all end up charging the tax. Technically the pro health tooth paste coupon itself did indicate customer pay for tax, so didn't bother to argue.

But overall, 2002 code seems to be charging tax now, what code did the cashier use for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuckoobird View Post
    Went to SDM today and used a FPC for Crest Pro Health toothpaste and wasn't charged any tax on it so it's still FREE!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I figure if they want to charge tax on our fpc's we should also be getting the points for which ever fpc we are using !!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I used the Aquafina FPC today but didn't realize that the cashier made a mistake and entered code 2001 instead so I am not sure if 2002 is still tax free or not.

When I used it at WM they didn't charge me tax because it said on the coupon HST included (I have to point that out to the cashier). I asked CS at WM if FPCs are always tax-free and he said that it all depends on the wording on coupon. If it didn't indicate that tax included then WM will charge you tax.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information