User Tag List

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Stockpiling... we buy some dry goods like pasta, canned goods, juices (powdered and liquid) as they go on sale and can get them... we live on a disability income and shop for our main items once a month... although we buy milk, eggs, etc... during the month. So stockpiling helps us make it thru the tough times.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

we ususaly make a trip once a month to the us we live 2 hrs away from the border yes with the price of gas can be pricey but we have us and the inlaws come up we go and do a bunch of shopping stay for a couple of days so gives us each 400$ to come back with out paying duty on and also food is duty free and we use all the coupons we can get our hands on makes the savings most times will pay for the trip and then some we have an 18 month old growing baby boy and he grows out of his clothes so fast that we need to get new ones and the prices in the US is much better. we have a US$ acount setup with the bank and we use that to pay for our stuff and with the exchange rate now it rocks!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    332 (100%)

A side talk.

Can someone pm me the web site address for this extreme coupon show *complete episodes? I watched only 2 full episodes and the play clips at the TLC site.

Thanks ahead.

S'toon mom wants to save!
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

it is important to remember that this is a t.v show...I suspect that the producers tell the couponers they feature to ONLY buy things that they have tons of coupons for and can get practically for free. You ever notice that you hardly EVER see any of them buy any fresh fruits or vegetables, or even milk or bread for that matter? Either they all have pretty crappy diets, or they are make a seperate trip to purchase these items when the cameras aren't rolling.

Trading Score
    26 (93%)

I wouldn't have thought about getting involved in couponing more than just using the odd one here or there, if it hadn't have been for that show. That said, I go into this being more than well aware that Canadian Couponing cannot compare. The US have really embraced couponing and a lot of the extreme couponing couldn't happen if it wasn't for the double/triple coupon days. I don't know of any store in Canada that does such a thing. I'm still going to have fun trying to save as much as I can though!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by orchidgirl View Post
    Even in the US, people hate the show because grocery store have changed their policies, they no longer double or triple coupons, limiting coupons and changing their coupon policies etc.
    i agree with this. this show is probably ruining american couponing now that the secret is out a single person can get hundreds of dollars in savings in one trip. any business would want to maximize profits even if they were making a godly amount of money. plus to have one person save that much with their coupon probably means their campaign was glaringly inefficient. they want 60 people to use one coupon not one person using 60 of the same coupons. it's all the one in the end with the numbers but the advertising benefit is directly proportional to the amount of unique redeemers

i feel bad especially for those who are financially dependent on it; like the family with 6-7 kids who needed to live off a monthly $100 grocery budget. it's like their livelihood
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Heatsy View Post
    it is important to remember that this is a t.v show...I suspect that the producers tell the couponers they feature to ONLY buy things that they have tons of coupons for and can get practically for free. You ever notice that you hardly EVER see any of them buy any fresh fruits or vegetables, or even milk or bread for that matter? Either they all have pretty crappy diets, or they are make a seperate trip to purchase these items when the cameras aren't rolling.
    i've seen fresh food like milk and meat being brought. tlc just doesn't make a big deal because it's not brought with coupons. it's where all the overage money goes
    Enjoy chatting on forums or blogs? Get paid $0.05+ per post at Postloop!

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wpgafwife View Post
    I wouldn't have thought about getting involved in couponing more than just using the odd one here or there, if it hadn't have been for that show. That said, I go into this being more than well aware that Canadian Couponing cannot compare. The US have really embraced couponing and a lot of the extreme couponing couldn't happen if it wasn't for the double/triple coupon days. I don't know of any store in Canada that does such a thing. I'm still going to have fun trying to save as much as I can though!
    Pharmasave will occassionally do a promo where coupons are worth double what they say. I got some Puffs for free and almost free mascara on this one last time

ascopes
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

that actually isn't true. A woman (you can visit her blog..) mentioned that she had so many coupons at Walmart that they paid her 18 dollars in overrages.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't think there's anything wrong with a stockpile. My husband got laid off, and we ate everything in our pantry. I wished that we had more things saved up.
    Now when I can I will try stockpile more.

I agree. I never find prices/coupons as good as their prices here in New Brunswick.

Trading Score
    26 (93%)

Quote Originally Posted by MyCupcake View Post
    Pharmasave will occassionally do a promo where coupons are worth double what they say. I got some Puffs for free and almost free mascara on this one last time
    Yeah I just thought to check and both Pharmasave and Sobeys came up but Sobeys double couponing is limited to the Portage La Prairie store it seems. That is great to read about. Thanks My Cupcake!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

He actually bought 1100 boxes of cereal on the first show!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    I find it odd that Nathan would get any "angry viewers" from his first show since it was only him, TLC showed donating....he "bought" 300 boxes of cereal for his church group for those in need .

The thing that gets me about Nathan in his 2nd episode, he "bought" more toothpaste to give to the troops when all he had to do was take a case from his wall of toothpastes.... again, .

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wpgafwife View Post
    That said, I go into this being more than well aware that Canadian Couponing cannot compare. !
    That's true, but it's sweet when you can snag something for free because of coupons.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I want to start a small stockpile but my mom's just gives them away when I'm not around. One time I got 6 Dawn dish detergent and thought that would be my first step to stockpiling and my mom just gave 5 of them away the next weekend and told me we only need to keep one.

I have no problem with small stockpiling but seriously sometimes th stockpile pictures I see are like the smaller size SDM.... or sometimes even more than what I can find at SDM........

That show is just crazy in my opinion... i know that if it's not THAT EXTREME then no one would be watching a normal sane mom buying 100 dollars worth of grocery for her family once a week...... but there should be certain extent and this brings a lot of misunderstanding upon couponers.... I wouldn't even let my friends know that I have coupons because they think coupons slow down the whole checkout process and is a pain......

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

WTF?! How old are you? I would be absolutely LIVID if my mom gave a bunch of my stuff away without asking! I worked towards building a stockpile and yes, I did get some of it specifically to share or give away, but when and to who depends on me.

I think that's so rude that she'd go give away something that you worked for. That's like stealing money out of your bank account to give away, or taking your bed and giving that away! It's YOURS! That makes me so angry, I don't know why she thinks she has the right to give away things you worked to get without even asking you, that's very disrespectful.

Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information