User Tag List

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaya View Post
    EC bugs me too everyone. The show doesn't explain that the US has a multitude of different grocery stores, they are all competing to get customers in there stores. Therefore coupons are everywhere and double coupon days are frequent because of grocery store marketing. Canada only has a handful of different grocery stores some of which are connected is some way or other. So there aren't as many choices we Canadian have as far as comparison shopping. But we still do pretty good for ourselves.

As fore people that take a whole pad of coupons is disgusting. What ever happened for consideration of others. Is it going by the wayside like letter writing. I don't mean to offend anyone with the letter writing statement but letter writing isn't as popular as it was 20 years ago.
    The thing is they don't have to waste their air time explaining this is the way it is done in the US because really the audiance they are geared for are their own people. We just get the "priveledge" of tuning into THEIR show. What should have happened was instead of Canadian media jumping on and trying to gain ratings with this big new "fad" was be responsible jouralists and find out if this was possible here and show OUR side of the story instead of as close to the US as they could get and ignore the rest. It is incredible how many people I have almost everytime I shop with coupons ask me if it is really possible?? I always say no but you can still save alot if you put in the time and effort.

As for all the coupons disappearing... I doubt it is just new people taking whole pads. Has anyone noticed the increase in Canadian coupons up for sale on ebay??? Others are also seeing the market in "teaching" people how to coupon for profit. Usually one of the incentives to take the class is a guaranteed $xx.xx of coupons when they come. Those people need stock to supply their students. Easiest way would be to go to the grocery store. As many have voice I too will be glad when the "coupon fad" has pettered out. I'm very happy to introduce someone new to couponing and help them get started, it's when time isn't taken to learn how to "coupon" that trouble follows. It does take time and organization to get the big savings and alot won't have the dedication to keep it up and will lose interest. Eventually things will get back to normal... there will be an increase in couponers (more power to us all) but we will be relatively back to normal lol.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Well said!!! I wish there was a "like"button.

Quote Originally Posted by tdjca View Post
    The thing is they don't have to waste their air time explaining this is the way it is done in the US because really the audiance they are geared for are their own people. We just get the "priveledge" of tuning into THEIR show. What should have happened was instead of Canadian media jumping on and trying to gain ratings with this big new "fad" was be responsible jouralists and find out if this was possible here and show OUR side of the story instead of as close to the US as they could get and ignore the rest. It is incredible how many people I have almost everytime I shop with coupons ask me if it is really possible?? I always say no but you can still save alot if you put in the time and effort.

As for all the coupons disappearing... I doubt it is just new people taking whole pads. Has anyone noticed the increase in Canadian coupons up for sale on ebay??? Others are also seeing the market in "teaching" people how to coupon for profit. Usually one of the incentives to take the class is a guaranteed $xx.xx of coupons when they come. Those people need stock to supply their students. Easiest way would be to go to the grocery store. As many have voice I too will be glad when the "coupon fad" has pettered out. I'm very happy to introduce someone new to couponing and help them get started, it's when time isn't taken to learn how to "coupon" that trouble follows. It does take time and organization to get the big savings and alot won't have the dedication to keep it up and will lose interest. Eventually things will get back to normal... there will be an increase in couponers (more power to us all) but we will be relatively back to normal lol.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shennig View Post
    I totally get why long time couponers get angry and frustrated; if I were in their shoes I would too. But I think like a lot of people have stated, this is a passing fad and in order to make it really work it takes time and commitment. Not a lot of people will ride that train for long... and like most TLC shows, I give this one another season or two and it will be old news and they'll put on another show about families with multiple children or little people doing every day things or more cake.
    Wouldn't it be intereting to see people copy lifestlyes from other TLC shows, not just EC?

We'd have millions of women in plural marriages getting invitro & having 6 little people who they enter into talent competitions and train to make cake.

I'd pay to see that.

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    Wouldn't it be intereting to see people copy lifestlyes from other TLC shows, not just EC?

We'd have millions of women in plural marriages getting invitro & having 6 little people who they enter into talent competitions and train to make cake.

I'd pay to see that.
    hahahahhahaha!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    257 (100%)

I'd pay to see that.

Too funny. If it wasn't extreme it wouldn't be on tv.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I am currently visiting in Massachusettes and printed some US coupons before leaving Canada. I was in shock at how easy it was to use coupons here!!! The cashiers just take and scan - That's it. No microscopic analyzation of the coupon and it didn't matter that they were printed. Wish Canada could get on board with this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sparklecoupons View Post
    I am currently visiting in Massachusettes and printed some US coupons before leaving Canada. I was in shock at how easy it was to use coupons here!!! The cashiers just take and scan - That's it. No microscopic analyzation of the coupon and it didn't matter that they were printed. Wish Canada could get on board with this.
    Us couponers aren't the only ones wishing coupons could be scanned up here... all the cashiers do too lol especially with the increase in coupon usage. I have heard that it is coming and that there are a very few coupons out there right now that will actually scan. Here's hoping!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

The computer program to upgrade all the tills for stores in Canada is very expensive, and since less than 4% of the people in Canada use coupons, it is really not worth the investment. Our population compared to the US in nothing and retailers don't want to spend that kind of money. However having said that, Target does scan coupons in the US, so I am not sure what is entailed to change their program to read Canadian coupons, so it will be interesting to see what happens when they arrive in Canada!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

SMRT Canuck
    Trading Score
    101 (100%)

I know alot of people try to copy what happends on that show, and there is no way we can do it. Plus I dont think we should. I do however think if you have extra items of something you know your not going to use, donate them. That is what I am hoping to do, I want to help my community and their shelters so if I ever "extreme couponed" it would be for that!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Remember there are always more coupons coming out.
    I totally agree with you, endless coupons

artsy
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree with most comments. My stock pile is what my family will need for a period of time. The thing that I also noticed about the show is those people who said "i don"t have to work any more" How can you still buy stuff and not have to work. I think servral of the people are not just stacking and hoarding they are selling their free stuff on the internet. Frankly, that's wrong! The coupn is intended for your personal use not for you to be able to retail them. I mean I save money but I still need to have money to spend it. There is alot more going on there than we are seeing on the show.

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Extreme Couponing season premiere is on right now!!!!

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

TLC seems to be turning into FOX with all the crazy shows

I'd pay to see that.
    ....just be happy

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25

Thread Information