User Tag List

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast
    Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

[QUOTE=sarah_300c;3485006]I'm actually getting pretty tired of hearing about this show, and I haven't even seen an episode.[/QU

Same here... haven't seen an episode. But was called an extreme couponer today. I used 5 coupons .
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggleworm View Post
    We have a brag section, how about a gripe section? A place where someone can get their coupon venting and belly aching out in one spot. Those who want to avoid it can, and the other sections can be less cluttered by the repitition.

That's a pretty good idea.

The forum I run (it's just a general talk forum, not coupon-based) has a section specifically for venting. That's where we post whenever we're having a bad day, annoyed, whatever.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I had thought about suggesting a vent section as well...but I thought that the Tea Room is a place where people can 'post anything'. Putting all the venting there would ruin the Tea Room, though....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wiggleworm View Post
    We have a brag section, how about a gripe section? A place where someone can get their coupon venting and belly aching out in one spot. Those who want to avoid it can, and the other sections can be less cluttered by the repitition.
    I think it might be a good idea too, but the mods have said a big old 'hells no' to it a couple times. I suspect after the 1st month the majority of us would have our issues out & it would just be the same couple people griping & moaning.

Trading Score
    58 (98%)

i was looking at the pure protein bars at shoppers and there was 1 left,lol. i 100% agree that this show is turning things for the worse but it will probably only last so long as mentioned.
    https://legerweb.com/VADJC Join Leger Web And Start Earning Today =)

34591328S1 Sign Up at ING Direct With This ORange Key To Receive Free $50

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    I think it might be a good idea too, but the mods have said a big old 'hells no' to it a couple times. I suspect after the 1st month the majority of us would have our issues out & it would just be the same couple people griping & moaning.
    LOL. Our vent forum (at my DB) is the most active part! It's nice to have a place to go and just let fly over silly things, like the guy that cut you off in traffic or the person who said something rude to you on FB (for example).

The problem with venting/venom forums is that a lot of people use it as a way to do veiled attacks on other people. Or someone reads a vent, takes the content personally (even if it's not about them directly) and tears a strip off the original venter. These kind of places usually wind up needing a LOT of moderation. Usually rules are in place like, 'If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything', or 'This is a safe zone- if you don't agree, keep it to yourself'. So people create counter-vents, and then people wind up bickering back and forth... etc. They can get out of hand pretty quickly.

I guess I'm saying, vent forums CAN serve a real purpose- but they have their downside, too. If you're talking about a forum with as many members as SC has, I can see how it might turn into a frightening place (so many different opinions!). On the other hand, it could also divert some of the negativity to one place.

I guess there are pros and cons, no matter how you look at it.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

: ) I'm new so I did not know it had been suggested before. I'm still at the stage where I'm thrilled with every deal that I do manage to score. The ones I miss, oh well maybe better luck next time.

I'm struggling with a lot in my life right now. In my search for how to save money I came across smart canucks. Even with all the negative posts, smart canucks has had a positive impact on my life, and wallet. I didn't watch Extreme Couponing until after I started on here, and I did so just to see what all the fuss was about.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Girl9 View Post
    You're brave to say that on here. I'm with you.

I'm a stay at home mom and stretching the dollar is important. I've tried using coupons before, but failed at matching them to sales until learning from SC. I'm sure alot of people will also fail, (not seeing the point of driving across town for 50 cents) then the real dedicated couponers will be left. By the way, I, as a newbie haven't been brave enough to take more than 2 from tear offs, but don't see why it would be necessary for SCs to even take 5. I sure hope things are donated if they won't be used.
    I totally get why long time couponers get angry and frustrated; if I were in their shoes I would too. But I think like a lot of people have stated, this is a passing fad and in order to make it really work it takes time and commitment. Not a lot of people will ride that train for long... and like most TLC shows, I give this one another season or two and it will be old news and they'll put on another show about families with multiple children or little people doing every day things or more cake.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Last edited by TheSaltyDog; Thu, Jun 23rd, 2011 at 03:35 PM.

Trading Score
    121 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by TheSaltyDog View Post
    There is ALWAYS room for more cake.

Agreed! And maybe more of those chocolate art display competitions!!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I agree with OP 100%. Most people don't seem to think that store will change their policies when it come to coupons. They say, I will just go elsewhere. It will become pretty hard to go elswhere when their is nowhere else to go as they have all adopted the same types of policies. I can see a limit of 1 coupon per item per transaction coming if things don't change. It wouldn't shock me. I have been couponing from way before they ever had expiry dates, I have seen a lot of changes, and there will be a lot more to come.

Here in Thompson, where I live, it has always been "1 coupon per item per transaction" I still get people asking "have you seen that show?" and I have to patiently explain to them that it does not work that way here in Canada. The best I can ever do on trips it seems is about 40 - 50 percent off with coupons and sales.

Are you a Swaggernaut yet? Earn while you search - Click Here to get YOUR swagbucks!

Trading Score
    122 (100%)

I swear if someone asks me if I watch that show one more time.......

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntbabe View Post
    I swear if someone asks me if I watch that show one more time.......
    It always makes me snicker when people hear I coupon and say, "Wow, you should really watch the show 'Extreme Couponing'. Have you heard of it?" As if they're giving me this super-duper vital piece of information that has thus far been withheld from me.

I also have a bit of a giggle when people hear I coupon and recommend SC to me. I think to myself, 'Right. Like I'd have accumulated a stockpile this big WITHOUT knowing about SC?' Seriously, this place is my no-so-secret weapon!

My mom was talking to a neighbour (who also coupons) and sent me a PM the other day on Facebook that basically said: "Hey, I got some links to websites you might find helpful. SmartCanucks.ca, Brandsaver.ca, GoCoupons.ca.... (etc.)" I was grateful she'd thought of me but couldn't help but have a chuckle. It was as if someone had said to me, "Hey, I know you're interested in learning how to drive a car. Just so you know, the steering wheel is located directly on the dashboard in front of the seat on the left-hand side!"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ColdCoupons View Post
    Here in Thompson, where I live, it has always been "1 coupon per item per transaction" I still get people asking "have you seen that show?" and I have to patiently explain to them that it does not work that way here in Canada. The best I can ever do on trips it seems is about 40 - 50 percent off with coupons and sales.
    40% - 50% adds up to a lot of money over the period of a year! You are doing very well!!! Remember that none of the people they are profiling are doing what any of us would call a normal weekly grocery shop. Same with a lot of the brags on SC. They are great brags, great bargains found but if you mixed the "free items" in with a normal grocery order the overall percentage saving drops significantly.

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Yes Extreme couponing is American, BUT today I bought;
    1 glade sense and spray
    1 195 g Busy bone
    1 926 ml Neslte quick chocolate
    1 chapmans ice cream blueberry cheescake
    -------------------------------------------------- total cost 0.74 cents

So, I may not be an extreme couponer, but I am saving money and as long as there is a coupon and a sale for something, I will try and get it for free or near free.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 LastLast

Thread Information