• 5 Post By misstarbender
  • 2 Post By avoncallingu
  • 1 Post By Minou
  • 2 Post By ninna
  • 1 Post By sharkie

Thread: Back to School Brag

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

In our town, as well as many others, I think, a group of people collect Back to School supplies to be handed out to children who may not get such things. It all starts out with back-packs.
    Today at SDM there was a whole bunch of back-packs on sale for $5.00 each - nice colours and different styles. I bought one and now I'm keeping my eyes open for sales of school supplies. (But apparently the Dollar Stores are stocking their shelves with Hallowe'en stuff!)

We zip over to the US quite often and you can get supplies VERY cheaply if you use coups and their bonus bucks.

If you're in Chatham and are looking for back packs - SDM - St. Clair.
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaprix, Shoppers Drug Mart
    coupon girl, ninna, ssbean and 3 others like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Omg Halloween!! Costco today had Christmas stuff
    ssbean, sharkie and PurpleBunny89 like this.

Trading Score
    213 (98%)

how can you at christmas stuff??!!
    I was in Michaels yesterday and there was halloween AND christmas stuff!! I was dancing in the aisles!!!!
    ssbean, avrose, Mich649 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I'm still trying to get my flowers to bloom! Although, I must admit, I was looking at the summer candy clearout at SDM yesterday and wondering if I could use them for Hallowe'en - We haven't been home for the past 2 years at Hallowe'en and we only get about 12 kids total - including the teens dressed in a mask and holding their biggest King sized pillowcase!
    ssbean and sharkie like this.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I like it when teens trick or treat. They're generally VERY polite, as they know a lot of people think they're too old! Better to trick or treat than cause trouble!

Great job with the backpacks! I've never even seen backpacks at my SDM! I know what you mean about supplies in the US -- I always stock up, and it always amazes me that there's not a run on supplies... I mean, you can go mid-week and pick up as many as you want. Here, if they advertised $0.97 Crayola markers and $0.25 Crayola crayons, people would be lined up at opening, and the items would be gone in an hour!
    sharkie likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Costco. I love them but they depress me. They always have what you need about 6 months before you need it...and then they NEVER have what you want when you want it. LOL. Yup. 'Tis true. I saw Halloween costumes and rolls of Christmas paper 2 weeks ago at our Costco. I love the Christmas paper. What a good deal those big rolls are and the paper is great quality too. I usually get a couple rolls of that for my birthday--which I've always found ironic...."here is a present for you so you can give and wrap presents for us." LMAO. Just kidding. I love the big rolls of paper, as I've said.

OP- I have found the US deals can be smokin' hot when it comes to school supplies as well. Not sure why the difference between the two countries. Here in London, a local radio station does a "Stuff the Bus" gig every August where they borrow a school bus and the challenge listeners to stuff it full of school supplies.

I think it's fantastic, myself, so congrats to you for getting a start on it in your own community! So many kids out there don't have access to school supplies.
    gracesmommy and sharkie like this.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    35 (100%)

I collect school stuff when I get in on sale and give in to the next town over for the kids whos parents are having finacial difficulties...the dollar store is great for stuff like that....thanks for sharing your post with us....

Name:  48242.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  19.5 KB
    gracesmommy likes this.
    Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you – not because they are nice, but because you are.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    In our town, as well as many others, I think, a group of people collect Back to School supplies to be handed out to children who may not get such things. It all starts out with back-packs.
    Today at SDM there was a whole bunch of back-packs on sale for $5.00 each - nice colours and different styles. I bought one and now I'm keeping my eyes open for sales of school supplies. (But apparently the Dollar Stores are stocking their shelves with Hallowe'en stuff!)

We zip over to the US quite often and you can get supplies VERY cheaply if you use coups and their bonus bucks.

If you're in Chatham and are looking for back packs - SDM - St. Clair.
    Thankyou for the heads up at SDM. I'll be taking a walk over to the St. Clair SDM today

Trading Score
    454 (100%)

Christmas stuff?!?! Oh my gosh I saw snow on tv today and I wanted to cry. How I miss thee snow, come back snow!! I'm very excited for christmas too and its only beginning of August. I usually keep my christmas confessions to myself tho so people don't think I'm crazy.

I just wanted to mention that WM seemed to have some really cheap school stuff this week in their flyer. 5 cents and 15 cents for notebooks. $1 for glue, binders and paper.
    Insert Clever Signature Here

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw halloween stuff at my Dollarama too. I don't want summer to end lol. Good deal on the backpacks.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hi, avoncallingu, what sites for American coupons are you using?

Alexa <3
    Trading Score
    140 (100%)

OP- To be honest I have never really thought about this, I was always fortunate enough as a child to get everything I needed for school and same with my kids but I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who are struggling and less fortunate. I will definitely be keeping my eyes as to where I may be able to donate this year!

Thread Information