User Tag List

Page 1391 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 391 891 1291 1341 1381 1389 1390 1391 1392 1393 1401 1441 1491 1891 2391 ... LastLast
Results 20,851 to 20,865 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I like to thank you for being my friends and the wonderful feeling I get from the people on this thread ....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Its that time again ...........

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good Morning Kids!

Wishing everyone a pleasant day.

Argo my dear, I think you are approaching your potential new pet in the best way possible. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

To those folks heading down to the Sound Academy, have a terrific time.

I'm so glad it's friday!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

CG contestant is cheryl from richmond hill

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cheryl grabbed 107, 350, 500, 1000, stashed, 1250, 1500, 2500, bust, johnny was hinting to keep going...nice play...

Keep your head down waynethegolfer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

good morning all how did Cheryl get to play this year and last year?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning... HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Hey All.

I've been thinking about the lack of 4 legged feet around here and doing some soul searching. It was about 5 years between my pre-Bailey dog and Bailey. Why did I wait so long? I wanted to be able to accept my "new" dog for itself without comparing against or judging it relative to my "old" dog. Once I got Bailey, I did one of those V8 things and made a mental note never to wait that long again. But how long is too long? How soon is too soon?

So, earlier this week I devised a plan. After talking with Hubby and Kidlet, they agreed that it seemed reasonable. After all, it was going to be a long haul to find a suitable candidate to meet my criteria:
    - rescue animal, not from a store or a breeder
    - young but not a puppy (puppies are very easy for shelters to adopt out)
    - energetic (best way to keep in shape is to own an energetic dog!!)
    - medium to large sized
    - would consider helping a dog overcome certain behavioural problems but not any medical issues (definitely cutting down the odds of a rescue with this one, but with what I've just gone through, I knew I just couldn't cope with medical problems - cop out maybe, but I have to be true to me too)
    - can't look like a Golden or have the colouring of a Golden (this one may may seem silly, but I know my own touch points and if I want to accept a new dog for itself and not judge it against Bailey, it can't look anything like Bailey)

The plan was simple, keep a watchful eye on a number of websites (Toronto Humane Society, York Region SPCA, a couple rescue orgs) and wait, wait and wait until a certain pup met the criteria.

I figured I'd be waiting a good long time. But, I'd defined my criteria and was prepared to stick it out for as long as it took for the right set of paws to come along.

On Wednesday, I started bookmarking websites so I could review them on a regular basis. I think someone was looking out for me ......

http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Shepherd-Collie-Rough-13826789

If you click the link, you will see that Percy's status is 'On Hold'. FOR US!! Well, I hope for us. Percy has some extreme anxiety and trust issues. We went down to visit him today and he is fine animal. And as much as the THS is a wonderful shelter, animals should not have to stay there any longer than need to (What say you eCat?)

He eventually warmed to us, but you can tell he has bonded with some of the staff and they are now his safety net. It would be cruel to just uproot him. So, we'll go back a few times to see if he is can become more comfortable with us - maybe we'll be able to win his trust too.

Tomorrow I'm skipping out of work early to be able to spend more than just a few hours with him. I'm thinking of coating my hands in bacon grease before I see him. That outta help a bit!
    Awww, good luck, he must be meant to go home with you guys. Good luck, I'm sure he will warm up to you in no time at all.
    He has such a cute face!
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Cash Track = LOCKED IN THE TRUNK OF A CAR

(I heard it while driving to work this morning at around 7-7:15ish AM, I don't think anyone has posted it.)
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mizzsazzyazz View Post
    1:32am***The loco-Motion
    3:43 **LEGS
    thanks!
    Last edited by jonesy; Fri, Oct 21st, 2011 at 08:17 AM.
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Percy has some extreme anxiety and trust issues.
    Argo, I am so thrilled for you, he looks like a bright character. As for the trust and anxiety issues, he probably figured out that he had been named 'Percy' and is having a serious identity crisis. Bring him home, start calling him 'Butch' or 'Bugsy' and I'll bet he'll be fine in a couple of weeks.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning All!

ARGO: Glad you got down to meet Percy. He looks beautiful! Poor guy only a little over a year old and he's been uprooted and landed in a shelter, I guess he would be anxious it must be so scary and who really knows how his last owners treated him (damn them if they were mean!!!!!) Of course you'll have to spend more time so he can get to know you better and develop trust but once he does I'm sure he would be very, very happy to become your forever friend!!!

Yes, the sooner the dogs and cats can get out of any shelter the better. I always feel sad seeing the dogs come in after their short time outside, some of them drag their paws because they want to stay out not go back inside their enclosure or whatever you want to call it. Poor, poor souls

If Percy knew you were thinking of him his heart would skip a beat! Good Luck!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    Argo, I am so thrilled for you, he looks like a bright character. As for the trust and anxiety issues, he probably figured out that he had been named 'Percy' and is having a serious identity crisis. Bring him home, start calling him 'Butch' or 'Bugsy' and I'll bet he'll be fine in a couple of weeks.
    Jonesy

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hey All.

I've been thinking about the lack of 4 legged feet around here and doing some soul searching. It was about 5 years between my pre-Bailey dog and Bailey. Why did I wait so long? I wanted to be able to accept my "new" dog for itself without comparing against or judging it relative to my "old" dog. Once I got Bailey, I did one of those V8 things and made a mental note never to wait that long again. But how long is too long? How soon is too soon?

So, earlier this week I devised a plan. After talking with Hubby and Kidlet, they agreed that it seemed reasonable. After all, it was going to be a long haul to find a suitable candidate to meet my criteria:
    - rescue animal, not from a store or a breeder
    - young but not a puppy (puppies are very easy for shelters to adopt out)
    - energetic (best way to keep in shape is to own an energetic dog!!)
    - medium to large sized
    - would consider helping a dog overcome certain behavioural problems but not any medical issues (definitely cutting down the odds of a rescue with this one, but with what I've just gone through, I knew I just couldn't cope with medical problems - cop out maybe, but I have to be true to me too)
    - can't look like a Golden or have the colouring of a Golden (this one may may seem silly, but I know my own touch points and if I want to accept a new dog for itself and not judge it against Bailey, it can't look anything like Bailey)

The plan was simple, keep a watchful eye on a number of websites (Toronto Humane Society, York Region SPCA, a couple rescue orgs) and wait, wait and wait until a certain pup met the criteria.

I figured I'd be waiting a good long time. But, I'd defined my criteria and was prepared to stick it out for as long as it took for the right set of paws to come along.

On Wednesday, I started bookmarking websites so I could review them on a regular basis. I think someone was looking out for me ......

http://www.petango.com/Adopt/Dog-Shepherd-Collie-Rough-13826789

If you click the link, you will see that Percy's status is 'On Hold'. FOR US!! Well, I hope for us. Percy has some extreme anxiety and trust issues. We went down to visit him today and he is fine animal. And as much as the THS is a wonderful shelter, animals should not have to stay there any longer than need to (What say you eCat?)

He eventually warmed to us, but you can tell he has bonded with some of the staff and they are now his safety net. It would be cruel to just uproot him. So, we'll go back a few times to see if he is can become more comfortable with us - maybe we'll be able to win his trust too.

Tomorrow I'm skipping out of work early to be able to spend more than just a few hours with him. I'm thinking of coating my hands in bacon grease before I see him. That outta help a bit!
    It sounds like You have this Well Thought Out and Planned.
    I Wish You the Best with the Adoption!!!!
    Please keep us Posted on Your Progress.

*Bacon Grease, eh?*

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by WolfDio View Post
    It sounds like You have this Well Thought Out and Planned.
    I Wish You the Best with the Adoption!!!!
    Please keep us Posted on Your Progress.

*Bacon Grease, eh?*
    Wolfie may come to your door, too.
    Jonesy

Thread Information