User Tag List

Page 1596 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 596 1096 1496 1546 1586 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1606 1646 1696 2096 2596 ... LastLast
Results 23,926 to 23,940 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ponderisms

1. OK ..... so if the Jacksonville Jaguars are known as the 'Jags' and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are known as the 'Bucs,' what does that make the Tennessee Titans?

2. If 4 out of 5 people SUFFER from diarrhea does that mean that one enjoys it?

3. There are three religious truths:
    a. Jews do not recognize Jesus as the Messiah.
    b. Protestants do not recognize the Pope as the leader of the Christian faith.
    c. Baptists do not recognize each other in the liquor store or Hooters.

4. If people from Poland are called Poles, why aren't people from Holland called Holes?

5. If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?
    6. Why do croutons come in airtight packages? Aren't they just stale bread to begin with?

7. Why is a person who plays the piano called a pianist but a person who drives a race car is not called a racist?

8. Why isn't the number 11 pronounced onety one?

9. If lawyers are disbarred and clergymen defrocked, doesn't it follow that electricians can be delighted, musicians denoted, cowboys deranged, models deposed, tree surgeons debarked, and dry cleaners depressed?

10. If Fed Ex and UPS were to merge, would they call it Fed UP?

11. Do Lipton Tea employees take coffee breaks?

12. What hair color do they put on the driver's licenses of bald men?

13. I was thinking about how people seem to read the Bible a whole lot more as they get older; then it dawned on me ... they're cramming for their final exam.
    14. Why do they put pictures of criminals up in the Post Office? What are we supposed to do, write to them?
    Why don't they just put their pictures on the postage stamps so the mailmen can look for them while they deliver the mail?

15. If it's true that we are here to help others, then what exactly are the others here for?

16. You never really learn to swear until you learn to drive.

17. Ever wonder what the speed of lightning would be if it didn't zigzag?

18. If a cow laughed, would she spew milk out of her nose?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I’m going to try finish the pictures in quick lots as they have dragged out too long.
    First set is some of the Jade that was on displayed at this very nice Jade market. They had demonstrations and then they let you lose in this big store. My wife bought a few small items as we had already purchased some in Shanghai. I picked up a family ball. This is a carved ball with two other carved free spinning balls inside, all carved from one piece.
    Next is the Sacred Way this leads up to the Thirteen Ming Tombs. There are carved figures leading up to the tombs. Two matching figures on each side of the laneway. These have been here installed in the middle of the 1300th century. I wonder how many millions of people have climbed on the marble horse.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Knottythots View Post
    . Back is feeling better so finally got some work done. My SUV has new brakes, my wife has her snow tires, and washing machine is fixed no more, bang, bang, bang on the spin cycle. Snow blower is up and running and the porch has a new light. But still lots to do before old man winter arrive.
    If you run out of things to do, I have a HUGE list of "to do" at my house!!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Changling Tomb is one of the thirteen Ming tombs. The pictures show the main building, the roof details and the empress crown.
    Next is the summer Palace. The lake was manmade. In the summer it was a favourite place for the empress to cool down from the hot Beijing summers. The whole thing is only a meter or so deep. Pictures 1 & 4 show the palace. 2 & 3 show the various tourist transportations on the water.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Great wall and the thing we looked forward to the most. We left it as late as possible in the afternoon, hoping the skies would clear, but they didn’t. We took a tram up to the top. Then we walked up this section and it was steep. Some sections you had to almost walk sideways or on your toes because the incline was too much for a foot to bend. Coming down in those sections I had to do the old keep on trucking walk. And I swear your leaning back so far my head is only 3 feet from the ground and I’m over six foot.
    Tiananmen Square the first picture is looking across to the square. The road is where the young man layed in front of the tanks. Mao is in the mausoleum on the left, but we did not go in. When you go into the square you have government building on the three sides and then the entrance to the Forbidden City, as shown in the last picture.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Forbidden City goes for long away. You walk across this first square and it leads to another and another. Unfortunately you could not go in any buildings. If you wanted a picture you had to stick your arm though the door and hope for the best. The first two pictures show the size and the detail. The third picture is a marble carving between the stairways. They were on most walkways. This one just after it was carved the emperor died and when the next one came in he did not like it so it was chiselled flat and started again. The last one was taken the next day which was a lot warmer. It was from a temple above the back gate. Just down from out hotel was the closed off street like Young street and it was all a mid to high end shops. While we were walking around the first night in Beijing Ross and I came across the very busy little side street and had to investigate. It was a combination of local food eateries and tourist junk shops. The food amazed and grossed you out. WE HAVE MANY ANIMAL AND NATURE LOVERS ON THIS SITE AND I THINK YOU WANT TO JUST PASS THIS BYE.
    First thing I saw were the small scorpions on a stick and they are still alive. Once you pick one they BBQ them. And just for a short time. One guy I saw trying them did not seem impressed. The picture with flat Stanley shows the scorpions and bug larvae. They also had snake, centipede, star fish, sea horse, and every pet or favourite animal motioned on this site.
    Hope I did not bore you took much, but I did cut it down a lot from 850!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

they are fantastic pictures knottythots. thanx so much for sharing. nice angle on walking the wall.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Good afternoon everyone!

Just a brief hello and thank you Magyar for your great idea!

I had no internet access this morning for several hours...
    Anyhow I called my ISP they cut my bill in half for a year and upped the
    usage to 65 for 25 or something like that... Have never gone over...

Knotty your pictures are amazing... Thank you for sharing them...

Thank you for the reps and notes. Have repped where I am able....

We are heading to the dentist this afternoon.....
    Should be a fun time for all....

I shall see you a little later on....

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thursday is a coming

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there's no time like SNOW TIME

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the reps (wow, last rep was Aug 31!) and kind comments. Just a friendly reminder to only update the Call now thread when it is time to call. If someone is not at a computer and able to visit the link they will not be able to reset the trigger and get the actual Call Now notification when the time comes.

It is pretty funny how the lurkers have found this new thread so quickly. Too bad (not really) they have to sign up in order to get the email notification!

Still waiting for the song to see how it works out! Like Mmmme, I am also heading out shortly to see the dentist so I may be taking advantage of this one (probably will happen when I am in the chair and unable to call).

Quote Originally Posted by Magyar View Post
    Hello all!

.... I have a suggestion for passing on the alert to call when the song of the day comes on. I have created a new thread specifically for the "call now" notification with instructions on how to get an email as soon as the word to call now goes out.

The link to the thread is below along with the instructions posted within the thread. Let me know if you think any of the instructions need tweaking.
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/251612-q107-call-now-canada/
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmmme... View Post
    Good afternoon everyone!

Just a brief hello and thank you Magyar for your great idea!
    Quote Originally Posted by Argo53 View Post
    Thanks Magyar. Just checked it out and had to laugh