User Tag List

Page 1859 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 859 1359 1759 1809 1849 1857 1858 1859 1860 1861 1869 1909 1959 2359 2859 ... LastLast
Results 27,871 to 27,885 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

, I hope your day is wonderful and you stay warm!!!

I am still not back to work yet but geez am I ever busy. Lots of running around and catching up to do today. At least that will keep me warm. LOL.

Ta Ta for now.....take care
    While walking the I to

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nature-bug

"You can't depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus"~~Mark Twain

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

couldn't resist now could i?
    Last edited by madchives; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2012 at 08:35 AM.
    if you have some spare time

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Good morning, everyone.

Why did Mother Nature have to turn on the a/c full blast? & I still have some snow to be collected (snow dancers, you know who you are ).

My voice is still in hiding, but at least I feel more like a human. Sort of.

Hoping it warms up a bit this afternoon so I can go out & mail a letter. It's not really that important to do it today, I'm just starting to go a little stir crazy.

If anyone is waiting for the GO train, it's decided to stop & sight see in my neighbourhood. I hope no one on board is in a hurry.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

LIVE EVERY MIN. 2 THE MAX 22hicks's Avatar
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

g.m. all, & what a beautiful day it is; cold, but sunny, & it's 2012

I hope everyone had a great holiday; wishing u all good health, happiness & prosperity in 2012

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Morning Q-sters

Brrrr!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

[QUOTE=Andit;4263040]Hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's Eve!

I was at the treat dispensers' to welcome in 2012, but barely stayed awake to see it ushered in. The ghost of Xmas cold past came back to smack me upside the head. Good thing my Mom made me some chicken soup & my Dad poured me some Amaretto to make me feel better (thankfully not at the same time). I actually got back here yesterday (didn't want to infect anyone, so skipped my friend's big dinner), but between the non-stop coughing & the burning eyes, I decided not to play on the computer. I'm feeling much better today, even if my voice decided to take a vacation. Critters thought it was a free for all, until they realized I could still see the mischief they were up to & would point my finger of shame at them. Gotta love a cat that actually stops being naughty. I think he was taking pity on me, he didn't swear at me like he usually does.

I'm going to go crawl back under a rock, er, my bed, er, my covers. Whichever I have energy to get to.

Hope everyone is doing well. Cheers to a happy & healthy 2012 for all.

Night all.[/QUOTE
    Feel better Andit... i know what you mean about the cat though.. my Seamus is starting to understand "the look"
    Bundle up folks..its mighty cold out there

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Danieladd View Post
    lol yes it was !!! good morning all...hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and Happy New Years
    congrats..good way to start the new year Danieladd

Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    Youngest daughter was diagnosed with Shingles yesterday.
    Going to be a long week or so...
    Sorry to hear this Mechman..not so great way to start the new year

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post

couldn't resist now could i?
    And thank you madchives.. i need a nice warm fire on such a freakin cold day.. brrrrrrr
    Last edited by Chers1; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2012 at 10:09 AM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

morning Q sters.
    HOLY CHRISTMAS TREES! talk about FROSTICATING out there.
    well it's back to work for me, but traffic still isn't too bad. i guess due to the kids still being out of school for another week.
    i see we have boat show tickets & a boat to win & trip of the hour thursdays are back. here's hoping that some of us SCers continue on the winning tradition.

lol yes it was !!! good morning all...hope everyone had a wonderful holiday and Happy New Years
    I did the snowmobiling trip last year from y108!! It was actually really fun. I hate the cold but amazing snowsuits i was so warm...felt no cold at all
    heard you this morning on stump, CONGRATS ON YOUR WIN! enjoy the snowmobiling trip & the concert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechman47 View Post
    Youngest daughter was diagnosed with Shingles yesterday.
    Going to be a long week or so...
    been there, had that all over my back many years a go. hope she feels better soon. it was painful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andit View Post
    Good morning, everyone.

Why did Mother Nature have to turn on the a/c full blast? & I still have some snow to be collected (snow dancers, you know who you are ).

My voice is still in hiding, but at least I feel more like a human. Sort of.

Hoping it warms up a bit this afternoon so I can go out & mail a letter. It's not really that important to do it today, I'm just starting to go a little stir crazy.

If anyone is waiting for the GO train, it's decided to stop & sight see in my neighbourhood. I hope no one on board is in a hurry.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    hope you feel better soon, andit. do the critters do sign language.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

way cute again user

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Morning All!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

By noon today, the super-rich have made an average worker's yearly salary

Heather Scoffield, The Canadian Press Jan 03, 2012 09:58:00 AM 8

OTTAWA - The richest of the rich have gained more ground in Canada, and are now making 189 times the average Canadian wage, according to a new report.
    The 100 highest paid chief executives whose companies are listed on the S&P/TSX composite index made an average of $8.38 million in 2010, according to figures pulled from circulars by the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, a left-leaning think-tank.
    That's 189 times higher than the $44,366 an average Canadian made working full time in 2010, the report says.
    And it's a 27 per cent raise from the $6.6 million average compensation for the top 100 CEOs in 2009, the report says.
    Regular Canadians, on the other hand, have seen their wages stagnate over the past few years. In 2010, after adjusting for inflation, average wages actually fell.
    "The gap between Canada's CEO elite 100 and the rest of us is growing at a fast and steady pace, with no signs of letting up," says economist Hugh Mackenzie, who authored the report.
    "The extraordinarily high pay of chief executive officers is more than a curiosity. It actually is a reflection of a troubling redistribution of society's resources in Canada and the United States, and in most of Western Europe," he said in an interview.
    He points out that in 1998, the top 100 CEOs were paid 105 times the average wage. Since then, the ratio has generally climbed up.
    In 2008, it was 174, dropping back to 155 during the recession in 2009. The high-water mark was 2007, when it peaked over 190.
    It means that by noon on Jan. 3, the average top executive will have already made as much money as the average Canadian worker makes in a year.

Geez, not exactly fair is it? No wonder so many Occupy groups are coming out to protest!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by madchives View Post
    hmmm remembering some of the stress i had in school,
    public school i was sent home for refusing to tuck in my
    terrific shirt - purple with black dots and white cuffs and
    collar - i loved that shirt, hence why hide some of it?

and in high school was physically removed from gym class
    by my gym suit by the married female gym teacher
    who was having an affair with an older girl, hence more

wondering if i had shingles then can't remember,
    was doing too much dope
    Bah...
    Memory is a State of Mind...
    *What was the question?*

I live in a Cartoon World as I am surrounded by Characters.

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by ecat444 View Post
    By noon today, the super-rich have made an average worker's yearly salary

Heather Scoffield, The Canadian Press Jan 03, 2012 09:58:00 AM 8

OTTAWA - The richest of the rich have gained more ground in Canada, and are now making 189 times the average Canadian wage, according to a new report.
    The 100 highest paid chief executives whose companies are listed on the S&P/TSX composite index made an average of $8.38 million in 2010, according to figures pulled from circulars by the Canadian Centre for Policy Alternatives, a left-leaning think-tank.
    That's 189 times higher than the $44,366 an average Canadian made working full time in 2010, the report says.
    And it's a 27 per cent raise from the $6.6 million average compensation for the top 100 CEOs in 2009, the report says.
    Regular Canadians, on the other hand, have seen their wages stagnate over the past few years. In 2010, after adjusting for inflation, average wages actually fell.
    "The gap between Canada's CEO elite 100 and the rest of us is growing at a fast and steady pace, with no signs of letting up," says economist Hugh Mackenzie, who authored the report.
    "The extraordinarily high pay of chief executive officers is more than a curiosity. It actually is a reflection of a troubling redistribution of society's resources in Canada and the United States, and in most of Western Europe," he said in an interview.
    He points out that in 1998, the top 100 CEOs were paid 105 times the average wage. Since then, the ratio has generally climbed up.
    In 2008, it was 174, dropping back to 155 during the recession in 2009. The high-water mark was 2007, when it peaked over 190.
    It means that by noon on Jan. 3, the average top executive will have already made as much money as the average Canadian worker makes in a year.

Geez, not exactly fair is it? No wonder so many Occupy groups are coming out to protest!
    I can't imagine anyone being worth $4,000 per hour!

Still keeping the faith SillyLoocie's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

2012 should be a year where we all make our point concisely,
    Sometimes a subtle message can sum things up quite nicely.

Name:  Send a message.jpg
Views: 372
Size:  40.8 KB

Thread Information