User Tag List

Page 784 of 11781 FirstFirst ... 284 684 734 774 782 783 784 785 786 794 834 884 1284 1784 ... LastLast
Results 11,746 to 11,760 of 176708
Like Tree1334446Likes

Thread: Club Q Q107-Loyalty Club (Southern ON Only) v4

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by heartgirl99 View Post
    how sad!
    just hearing that jack layton has passed away.
    r.i.p. jack

When I saw his news conference a few weeks back I knew he wouldn't see Labour Day. My condolences to his family.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hanging out on Corus Quay, spotting our ride in the distance, posing for posterity...
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Capt Matt looking stoic, Michael White & Co., Corus Quay, a cloudy T.O. ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Absolute Towers in the distance, some random tall ship, Psycho Psunday cruise ...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, here's the best yet. The Flinders picked us up at Corus Quay but dropped us off at the foot of York Street. Andy Frost would not leave us stranded and arranged water taxis for those of us who hung around. This turned out to be the hoot of the day. Check the video, hang in until the end to see how you get from a low boat onto a high quay...

Computer Techy at large! TO_Harley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

New contest on the Q starting next Monday.
    You have to listen for "Cash Tracks", and call in to play the "Gash Grab" game.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    When I saw his news conference a few weeks back I knew he wouldn't see Labour Day. My condolences to his family.
    got the same feeling, when he announced he was stepping down. no offense, but he looked like a walking dead person. he was a fighter till the end. my deepest sympathies to his family. he's now in a better place & cancer free.
    NASCAR SEASON is complete for 2021.
    Kyle Larson wins his 1st Nascar Championship.

nascar:a way of life
    everything else is just a game

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by psells View Post
    Okay, here's the best yet. The Flinders picked us up at Corus Quay but dropped us off at the foot of York Street. Andy Frost would not leave us stranded and arranged water taxis for those of us who hung around. This turned out to be the hoot of the day. Check the video, hang in until the end to see how you get from a low boat onto a high quay...
    great pics and video, psells!
    too bad about the weather.

but why would they drop you off so far from the starting point?

Keep your head down waynethegolfer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It seems they know how to make a bank look good.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by waynethegolfer View Post
    It seems they know how to make a bank look good.
    Nothing in it right now, but it looks marvelous!

Keep your head down waynethegolfer's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A little stagette, they were a lot louder then they look.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good afternoon. Bell just fixed the internet connection; it has been down since very early on Friday. Kind of a grey weekend! Spend all Saturday on Lake Scugog. Swimming and a picnic on water, avoided the rain till the way home. The cruise looks like it was and adventure I hope you had fun.
    Fuimus interesting pictures of the penguins!
    Andit happy birthday to your dad! My day hit 80 last year!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're having trouble viewing this email click here.
    CLUB Q PRESALE:
    ECLIPSE - THE PINK FLOYD STORY

Saturday, November 5th, 2011 at TCA Main Stage

Our Club Q presale will run from Thursday, August 25th from 10:00AM to 10:00PM

Your Club Q Password is: FLOYD

CLICK HERE TO BUY YOUR TICKETS!

Regular tickets on sale Friday, August 26th at 10:00AM

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

hey all just popped in to say hi and yes I have not been here for a while. Between working and doing things other than computer stuff I have been quite busy. Went to atlantic city for a week and went to the sammy hagar bikini beach bar and sammy showed up so got some good close up shots of him. Didnt win any money at the slots but we had slots of fun. Not to bad of beaches either and the beer was cold so all was good. Hope all is well for everyone and will see you all soon. Ball season is wrapping up in a few eeks so after that its back to being home at night so then I'll be back on here. Later all.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A Letter From Layton to Canada
    Toronto/640Toronto

8/22/2011

August 20, 2011
    Toronto, Ontario
    Dear Friends,
    Tens of thousands of Canadians have written to me in recent weeks to wish me well. I want to thank each and every one of you for your thoughtful, inspiring and often beautiful notes, cards and gifts. Your spirit and love have lit up my home, my spirit, and my determination.
    Unfortunately my treatment has not worked out as I hoped. So I am giving this letter to my partner Olivia to share with you in the circumstance in which I cannot continue.
    I recommend that Hull-Aylmer MP Nycole Turmel continue her work as our interim leader until a permanent successor is elected.
    I recommend the party hold a leadership vote as early as possible in the New Year, on approximately the same timelines as in 2003, so that our new leader has ample time to reconsolidate our team, renew our party and our program, and move forward towards the next election.
    A few additional thoughts:
    To other Canadians who are on journeys to defeat cancer and to live their lives, I say this: please don't be discouraged that my own journey hasn't gone as well as I had hoped. You must not lose your own hope. Treatments and therapies have never been better in the face of this disease. You have every reason to be optimistic, determined, and focused on the future. My only other advice is to cherish every moment with those you love at every stage of your journey, as I have done this summer.
    To the members of my party: we've done remarkable things together in the past eight years. It has been a privilege to lead the New Democratic Party and I am most grateful for your confidence, your support, and the endless hours of volunteer commitment you have devoted to our cause. There will be those who will try to persuade you to give up our cause. But that cause is much bigger than any one leader. Answer them by recommitting with energy and determination to our work. Remember our proud history of social justice, universal health care, public pensions and making sure no one is left behind. Let's continue to move forward. Let's demonstrate in everything we do in the four years before us that we are ready to serve our beloved Canada as its next government.
    To the members of our parliamentary caucus: I have been privileged to work with each and every one of you. Our caucus meetings were always the highlight of my week. It has been my role to ask a great deal from you. And now I am going to do so again. Canadians will be closely watching you in the months to come. Colleagues, I know you will make the tens of thousands of members of our party proud of you by demonstrating the same seamless teamwork and solidarity that has earned us the confidence of millions of Canadians in the recent election.
    To my fellow Quebecers: On May 2nd, you made an historic decision. You decided that the way to replace Canada's Conservative federal government with something better was by working together in partnership with progressive-minded Canadians across the country. You made the right decision then; it is still the right decision today; and it will be the right decision right through to the next election, when we will succeed, together. You have elected a superb team of New Democrats to Parliament. They are going to be doing remarkable things in the years to come to make this country better for us all.
    To young Canadians: All my life I have worked to make things better. Hope and optimism have defined my political career, and I continue to be hopeful and optimistic about Canada. Young people have been a great source of inspiration for me. I have met and talked with so many of you about your dreams, your frustrations, and your ideas for change. More and more, you are engaging in politics because you want to change things for the better. Many of you have placed your trust in our party. As my time in political life draws to a close I want to share with you my belief in your power to change this country and this world. There are great challenges before you, from the overwhelming nature of climate change to the unfairness of an economy that excludes so many from our collective wealth, and the changes necessary to build a more inclusive and generous Canada. I believe in you. Your energy, your vision, your passion for justice are exactly what this country needs today. You need to be at the heart of our economy, our political life, and our plans for the present and the future.
    And finally, to all Canadians: Canada is a great country, one of the hopes of the world. We can be a better one – a country of greater equality, justice, and opportunity. We can build a prosperous economy and a society that shares its benefits more fairly. We can look after our seniors. We can offer better futures for our children. We can do our part to save the world's environment. We can restore our good name in the world. We can do all of these things because we finally have a party system at the national level where there are real choices; where your vote matters; where working for change can actually bring about change. In the months and years to come, New Democrats will put a compelling new alternative to you. My colleagues in our party are an impressive, committed team. Give them a careful hearing; consider the alternatives; and consider that we can be a better, fairer, more equal country by working together. Don't let them tell you it can't be done.
    My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world.
    All my very best,
    Jack Layton

Thread Information