User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    112 (100%)

call me crazy but I really don't see how the new wording is much different than the old wording. It basically just means one coupon per purchase and I think LD's interpretation of that is one of that particular coupon per purchase
    Win daily prizes worth $150 to $10000 sign up here!! I've won 3x $150 GCs since Jan.2012
    http://www.todaysdraw.com/?invite=5780

purse full of coupons
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

guess that does explain why IGA is still around too. how people can pay those prices is beyond my comprehension! Convenience only goes so far for someone like myself. My motto is "show me the savings!" LOL

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    I used to think so too ..but you will be surprised how many people don't care about coupons , stacking , sale prices , price matching etc ...these guys will still shop @ LD

All some people care about is convenience & whether they can find an item in stock or not ..they absolutely don't care about the higher prices/lower prices etc that's why stores like Sobeys , Metro etc still do well .

So the people who used to avoid London Drugs bcoz they could never find items in stock due to stackers will return to LD again & buy the same items at a much higher price as they only care about convenience & customer service ..not about cpns , stacking , low prices etc ..& they don't even care if the item is overpriced for some reason .
    Last edited by sacha007h; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 03:38 PM.

purse full of coupons
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

It says "using more than one manufacturer coupon per item is strictly prohibited" If it just said use of more than one coupon is strictly prohibited then LD might still have a way around it but by saying manufacturer coupon specifically there is no way around it.
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyincowtown View Post
    call me crazy but I really don't see how the new wording is much different than the old wording. It basically just means one coupon per purchase and I think LD's interpretation of that is one of that particular coupon per purchase

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I don't think LD is any more expensive than SDM! Am I wrong? I know SDM has the Optimum points but I'm still trying to figure all that out and if it's worth spendign there instead of getting my personal care at RCSS or Walmart where it's cheaper.

purse full of coupons
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I use my Visa reward points to get SDM giftcards so even though the price is probably the same as LD or more than RCSS sometimes free with giftcard wins :D

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I AM SO SAD!

However, I am EXTREMELY happy that I have a stash of free diapers for my kids in my garage! And some deodorant and body wash in my bathroom for me!

I'm also happy that I've gotten hooked on SDM! I love seeing how fast my points have accumulated and how it equals FREE groceries and not just P&G hygiene products!
    Keep Smiling!
    Super Mel

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

LD will be just fine even without stacking. 10 years ago when my mom and I go to LD like almost once a week, we never use coupons and never seen people use coupons. I started couponing last year and found how amazing LD is but whenever I visit the store, I still don't see that many coupon users.

There's always line ups of people buying just their advertised prices or regular price items and not using coupons. I think coupon stacking does bring up their sales but they still have many many loyal non-couponer customers~

Trading Score
    56 (92%)

I am truly sad about the tide coupon the old one was save 5.00 wub2 now it is save 3.00 wub2 what a joke! I am not buying 9.00 detergent x2 to save 3.00 looks like P&G is going to see a lot of its stock sticking to the shelf collecting dust as I wont pay that I will use purex wait when it goes on sale for 3.99/2.99 get it for 0.99 or free and stock up I have never been brand loyal but with the old P&G booklets I have always traded as much as I could to get my hands on as many as I could as I do love P&G products but wont shell out 5 bucks for body wash mind you i would shell out 3 for it with the 2.00 coupon or buy 2 of them and pay 2.50 each sad sad sad ... only reason I will be hunting this insert down is to hand them out at my coupon seminars to my fresh couponers too bad they couldnt be better coupons to give them and have for myself ... well not really for myself as I probably have close to 2-3 years worth of body wash for me my kids and my dbf back to buying cheap olay at the dollar store whos with me? hahaha

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

I am amazed at how many homes just throw their coupon inserts in the recycling. I went dumpster diving in the driveway bins when the smartsource and redplum fliers came out and I got lots of them. I don't think the manufacturers are losing that much money because so few people are actually using the coupons.

I am in the west and I love LD stacking policy and their price matching. I have only been able to use it for hair dye but I have got some great deals. Almost all the other products have strict wordings. Shoppers points are great but you have to be very diligent about waiting for good sales.

Even with stricter coupons I will shop at LD and Walmart because they will price match so I don't have to drive to 5 different stores to get the best deals.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by monkeyincowtown View Post
    I think the wording use of more than 1 MFR coupon per product purchased is strictly prohibited ..kind of kills it ..so now if you present 2 MFR cpns on one product ..LD can no longer interpret it as one of that particular coupon per purchase like they used to previously

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    I'm not surprised... I would say I'm almost positive soon we'll find that wording on all manufacturer's coupons. The manufacturers provided the coupons, actually, coupons are used to basically entice you to try a new product, you used the coupons to save, and the store gets the money reimbursed from the manufacturers. Everyone wins! But when you stack coupons...companies are losing money...Do they want you to get product for free or almost free? No,they want you to pay for the items,...OK, save a little bit. Plus, before the only store that allowed coupon stacking was LD, just a few stores in Western provinces, not too much of the loss...but now more and more stores started following LD, RCSS (manufacturer's and in store), SOF, etc. Would you expect manufacturers stay silent? No way, they just started to fight for their money...
    Why are they still allowing it in US then ? Why are the same MFR's not fighting for their money in US

Do they want Americans to get their products for free or almost free but not Canadians ? ..No they want the Americans to pay for their items too ..so I'll believe the MFR's when they change the US cpns too ..but I don't see it happening in US ...only in Canada for some reason .

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by jujubetwins View Post
    I don't think LD is any more expensive than SDM! Am I wrong? I know SDM has the Optimum points but I'm still trying to figure all that out and if it's worth spendign there instead of getting my personal care at RCSS or Walmart where it's cheaper.
    Yes SDM is more expensive than LD ..SDM is worth shopping at only during their 20 X days & with coupons ..I wouldn't go there on regular days without cpns .

Building the coupon wad
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

All i can say is...hang on the the good ones..especially the "any size" ones and wait fr a Walmart sale price!...overages are nice....

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Why are they still allowing it in US then ? Why are the same MFR's not fighting for their money in US

Do they want Americans to get their products for free or almost free but not Canadians ? ..No they want the Americans to pay for their items too ..so I'll believe the MFR's when they change the US cpns too ..but I don't see it happening in US ...only in Canada for some reason .

I have been watching "Extreme Couponing" and I have noticed a few things. 1) due to a much higher population and greater competition among stores their grocery prices are way lower than ours to begin with. 2) Coupon doubling seems to be the norm in the US so a $.50 coupon becomes $1 and suddenly it is worth using (in that case the store is paying $.50 and the manufacturer is paying $.50). 3) I have also noticed that their taxes are way less than what we have to pay. 4) Some of the stores featured have extra deals where if you buy a certain amount you get $ toward your next shopping trip and the couponers often use those coupons as well.

I don't think the show is affecting the manufaturers. I think Canada is an easy market to control because we are so much smaller than the US.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Double coupon days are rare in many states. Eg. Washington state rarely as them. Albertsons has them from time to time but you can usually only double four of your coupons (you choice which ones) and the max coupon value thT they will double is $1.00. Wording on P&G coupons south of the line are also tightening up. Their coupons are for lower values than ours, too. Just saying that the grass always looks greener on the other side. There are certain groceries that are cheaper down there and I do shop for those items from time to time in Washington but lots of items are the same price as here. Washington state couponers complain that Extreme Couponing paints an unrealistic picture....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information