User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Trading Score
    9 (91%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I have used the new wording coupons at RCSS with their CZ all the time. They treat the CZ as a sale and it is scanned and the coupon is added as a manufacturerrs coupon. My regular guy at RCSS just adds the coupons all together in to or 3 batches and enters them, this also avoids the 10 coupon rule for needing overrides. I love my cahier, he is awesome
    Can I borrow him?
    MY FACEBOOK GROUP

https://www.facebook.com/groups/upcsavings/

ErinMommy
    Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Oye vay....so I guess that means stock up while u still can??

For the diaper coups we are not e out of luck just yet...we still have the p&g onlines ones that do not stipulate anything...as well we have the pampers village mailouts that also do not say anything and lastly we have shoppers voice....so lets try to stay positive even though it is hard LOL!!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm glad that I stocked up on my Tide / Gilette / Olay products while I could.
    With the new wording it just means that I'll be going to use different brands that still allow some stacking. Generally those brands are cheaper anyways. I've always found P&G to be on the pricier side of things but using the coupons made them worth it. It'll be Sunlight / Dove / Nivea or no name brands for me.

I'm going down to the states on Sunday to pick up a paper and start getting some of the cleaning / health & beauty products down there instead - like tonight to get my general mills cereal for 1.69 a box.

Miscmom4
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

P & G coupons are not my favorites that is for sure, but GoCoupons, save.ca etc are awesome. Maybe we should all email P & G and have them explain why won't they let us use more than 1

Trading Score
    31 (100%)

When do they come out in BC? My LD flyer says PGBrandsaver above items I assume will be on the coupons. But so far nothing.
    I agree they should get rid of the Extreme Coupon show. It's ruining thing for us. And I use my coupons fairly discretely and not in huge volumes yet I still get asked by other shoppers if I'm an extreme couponer. Not!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

oh my
    this is very sad news indeed :*(

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

After a huge issue at RCSS Edmonton, their manager and the customer service relations department said at this point their is NO coupon policy and it will be a "per store / per manager" descion if they will allow you to stack their coupon with one manafucture coupon.

Their coupon policy is under review for the time being.
    She also mentioned any coupon policy I've receieved in the past from RCSS is not valid.

Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by ErinMommy View Post
    Oye vay....so I guess that means stock up while u still can??

For the diaper coups we are not e out of luck just yet...we still have the p&g onlines ones that do not stipulate anything...as well we have the pampers village mailouts that also do not say anything and lastly we have shoppers voice....so lets try to stay positive even though it is hard LOL!!!!

Well, we can use up what we have.... but there are no online ones anymore. At least, not for now.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by miscmom4 View Post
    P & G coupons are not my favorites that is for sure, but GoCoupons, save.ca etc are awesome. Maybe we should all email P & G and have them explain why won't they let us use more than 1
    They won't let us use more than one because the intention has always been to allow only one coupon per P&G item. London Drugs was allowed to interpret the coupon wordings to permit stacking up until now. The reality is that the manufacturer is losing too much money when they are essentially giving items away for nothing. I will mourn the loss of stacking P&G coupons like everyone else....but all good things come to an end eventually.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    208 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    They won't let us use more than one because the intention has always been to allow only one coupon per P&G item. London Drugs was allowed to interpret the coupon wordings to permit stacking up until now. The reality is that the manufacturer is losing too much money when they are essentially giving items away for nothing. I will mourn the loss of stacking P&G coupons like everyone else....but all good things come to an end eventually.
    I agree. But like the saying goes "when one door closes another opens"

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by start-the-car View Post
    I agree. But like the saying goes "when one door closes another opens"

I have a feeling that more doors may close as other manufacturers change their wording, too. However, that said, there are still lots of good deals to be had, it'll just take a little more work And I can see my Shoppers Drug Mart points climbing even more rapidly....so that's a good thing. Who knows, if London Drugs cannot offer stacking they may have to come up with a bonus points system of their own. So...you're right, other doors may open. We just have to keep our antenna up and our eyes peeled!

purse full of coupons
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree, I don't think LD can survive without stacking unless they lower their prices to compete effectively with everyone else. While they can have some decent sales, their everyday prices are brutal. Hopefully they do come up with a points system like Shoppers ! I find LD has more stock and selection than shoppers here in mission and I would rather shop at LD if they had the points.

Quote Originally Posted by DianneS View Post
    I have a feeling that more doors may close as other manufacturers change their wording, too. However, that said, there are still lots of good deals to be had, it'll just take a little more work And I can see my Shoppers Drug Mart points climbing even more rapidly....so that's a good thing. Who knows, if London Drugs cannot offer stacking they may have to come up with a bonus points system of their own. So...you're right, other doors may open. We just have to keep our antenna up and our eyes peeled!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sacha007h View Post
    I agree, I don't think LD can survive without stacking unless they lower their prices to compete effectively with everyone else. While they can have some decent sales, their everyday prices are brutal. Hopefully they do come up with a points system like Shoppers ! I find LD has more stock and selection than shoppers here in mission and I would rather shop at LD if they had the points.
    I used to think so too ..but you will be surprised how many people don't care about coupons , stacking , sale prices , price matching etc ...these guys will still shop @ LD

All some people care about is convenience & whether they can find an item in stock or not ..they absolutely don't care about the higher prices/lower prices etc that's why stores like Sobeys , Metro etc still do well .

So the people who used to avoid London Drugs bcoz they could never find items in stock due to stackers will return to LD again & buy the same items at a much higher price as they only care about convenience & customer service ..not about cpns , stacking , low prices etc ..& they don't even care if the item is overpriced for some reason .

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

I'm not surprised... I would say I'm almost positive soon we'll find that wording on all manufacturer's coupons. The manufacturers provided the coupons, actually, coupons are used to basically entice you to try a new product, you used the coupons to save, and the store gets the money reimbursed from the manufacturers. Everyone wins! But when you stack coupons...companies are losing money...Do they want you to get product for free or almost free? No,they want you to pay for the items,...OK, save a little bit. Plus, before the only store that allowed coupon stacking was LD, just a few stores in Western provinces, not too much of the loss...but now more and more stores started following LD, RCSS (manufacturer's and in store), SOF, etc. Would you expect manufacturers stay silent? No way, they just started to fight for their money...
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

London Drugs will survive....they have for many years before stacking and they will afterwards. However, it may hurt some of their staff because a CS manager told me their staffing levels are based on sales volume. Sales volume will obviously drop, however as another poster pointed out, there will be more left on the shelves for their regular customers to purchase!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information