User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I definitely didn't plan on getting a new puppy this week. We have two giant dogs...a Great Dane mix(that we were told was a lab..he looks like a lab but is the size of a Dane...Surprise!) and a Black Lab/ Rotweiller/Doberman mix who is the best dog I have ever had.

I'm such a sucker. I have been following the story at Shamattawa First Nations for awhile. There are thousands of dogs there roaming without homes. They hold kill days where the dogs are just shot or they freeze to death in the winter. One very special RCMP officer was transferred there and she is on a mission to save the dogs and bring in veterinary care. She takes in a few at a time, gets them the care they need, and then flies them out to their new forever homes.

She posted a couple of ads looking for homes on one of our local sites. One little dog, who had been shot, caught my attention. She had been found wandering the town dump and someone had decided to shoot her with a pellet gun. She is going to be BIG though. Her feet are huge. I emailed in the hopes that I could do something to help financially and found out she has found her forever home. And then I saw this guy and it was love at first sight...

Meet Harley.

He has been checked out by a vet and is doing fine. Not sure what he is....border collie cross, maybe? He is on the small side and sleeps a lot. Anyway, tomorrow, he is being flown here to us and I can't wait!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by Jody22002; Thu, Jun 2nd, 2011 at 10:33 AM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

How wonderful! Congrats! Can't wait to see pics!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

congratulations,you brought a tear to my eyes nice to see people that cares.maybe put that website on scmaybe there will be a few more homes for our little fur balls

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

There he is. Sorry. Had uploading issues.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Hi, I just want to tell you what a wonderful thing you are doing. As a dog person who adopted my doggie almost 2 years ago from the SPCA after he was abandoned and was skin and bones close to death when we got him, I can tell you that he is such a wonderful part of my life. Bravo to you!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

aww so cute!!!!! I use to watch a show called Dogtown and heard about a reserve not sure which one that did the exact samething so sad poor puppys

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Thanks, Sawyergirl. Our other animals are rescues too. Our Great Dane came to us after we found the pregnant mom hit by a car on the highway. He was one of the only surviving puppies. Our lab mix was found crying under a car abandoned. My H had a heck of a time getting her out and she is still skittish to this day but the smartest dog ever. We didn't even have to potty train her. She just never had an accident in the house. Never chewed anything like puppies do. Immediately figured out how to play frisbee. One of our cats broke its leg not that long ago and my dog carried her around everywhere. Helped her get up and down off the bed.

My H keeps telling me that if I adopt one more animal, he is moving out....lol

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Here's a link to one of the original stories about the reserve and the amazing RCMP officer on a mission to save the dogs.

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/201...nitoba-101229/

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, gosh, he's SO CUTE!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

What a cutie!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

aww

i had a cat named harley next one was davidson
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

OMG! So cute, Harley is a very lucky little guy!
    Congrats

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

He's adorable!! Thanks for sharing this feel good story, made my day So sad to hear about the situation over there though, but that RCMP officer sure has a good heart.

Trading Score
    62 (100%)

so sweet and cute! you have a good heart. i'm sure he will be so happy to have a loving home. enjoy all your new puppy kisses!

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

It's very much like that in the NWT. There is no shelter per say at this time. A lot of animals are killed in the communities because they have no where to go. The NWT SPCA recently won a contest and is in the process of acquiring the funds to finally build a shelter. Right now they house what they can at the Veterinary Clinic in Yellowknife. But with a shelter they could house more. Some of the stories of turning away animals or staff taking in dogs/puppies that are about to be shot just breaks your heart. Dogs are flown out to different shelters here too. It's an amazing thing you are doing giving this pup a loving home! Koodos to you!
    You just proved Signature Advertising works!

Earn FREE money just by searching! Ask me how to get a $5GC using my referral.
    Get $10 off $40 for new customers at well.ca using the code springhascome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information