User Tag List

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Harbinger of Cheerios MercuryBlue's Avatar
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Yes, I think a lot of it is misunderstanding or assuming malice is in the words because of a few bad apples who do mean what they say in a mean way
    I completely agree.

I've gotta say, my brain's getting a workout lately. "Did they just say? Wait, are they being sarcastic or serious? Is that irony? What is the subtext here? Am I being complimented or insulted? WHAT IS THE TONE HERE?" Lol. I don't think I've thought this much about something I've read since English class.

I'm finding myself re-reading things I post, looking for something that can be misinterpreted. All else fails, I use a disclaimer.

For the record: I'm not nasty person! I'm a bit of a big-mouth and I have a hard time keeping my opinion to myself, but I'm usually pretty nice (Well, I think so!). If you read something I've written and think I'm being a d-word, definitely feel free to PM me for clarification! Chances are, I have no idea how I'm coming across.....

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

There was no assuming malice in yesterdays thread. But it's over and done with, keep hitting the report button, it's helping us mods navigate sour grapes.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I did not read the thread to know, but my point was general and not specific to a thread. I know many of the small tiffs were misunderstandings, I personally PMed someone who said something in reply to me and they totally meant it differently than I read it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh, I thought u meant last nights thread...since other members were discussing that.

__________________________________________________ _________________

Just a reminder that multiple accounts for the same user are not permitted. All other accounts will be permamently banned and you risk having your regular account terminated as well.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Based on the differing definition of the word skank I'm pretty sure the thread in question was referring to 'dicks' as private investigators.

We all know what skank really means, and double standards suck.
    Last edited by KMammy; Mon, Jun 13th, 2011 at 07:13 PM.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    Based on this I'm pretty sure the thread in question was referring to 'dicks' as private investigators.

I do understand completely what you mean as neither was meant as pi's or dancers. Please pm Boo Radley with your concerns

Thanks!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quite honestly Sally, I don't think I should have to PM Boo about every little thing that goes on here. It's his site & he no doubt makes money on it with ads, he should already be on top of stuff like this.

Cracking down publicly on one poster while others have gotten away with similar language/rants or been dealt with privately doesn't seem right to me.

Just my .02.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Based on this I'm pretty sure the thread in question was referring to 'dicks' as private investigators.

It is more about context, skank has been used without malice for well over a year, given the dicks comment was an issue, I am sure the context was not as friendly
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quite honestly Sally, I don't think I should have to PM Boo about every little thing that goes on here. It's his site & he no doubt makes money on it with ads, he should already be on top of stuff like this.

Cracking down publicly on one poster while others have gotten away with similar language/rants or been dealt with privately doesn't seem right to me.

Just my .02.
    I didn't know you were being asked to pm Boo about every little issue. We are cracking down, and thats what this first post of this thread is about.
    Stating:

"Frankly, anyone who judges my purchases - whether it be what I'm buying or the quantity - can go suck a bag of dicks."

wasn't trying to be funny, or being said without malice. End of story.
    Last edited by Sally888; Mon, Jun 13th, 2011 at 07:15 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

I agree with the above comment, however we named ourselves coupon skanks in jest a year ago...and we do use the definition posted by Pix...it is the same as using the B word to correctly call a female dog, or use it as a swear word...it all depends on the context of the sentence...so to say that Skank is no longer allowed, when it was allowed on here without a problem for almost a year, if that is my understanding that it is being reported as being "rude", is ridiculous.....what about the words "gyped" then in the blog, etc...and referring to someone's stereotype of what their culture should all be like?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I didn't know you were being asked to pm Boo about every little issue. We are cracking down, and thats what this first post of this thread is about. I'm sorry but stating

"Frankly, anyone who judges my purchases - whether it be what I'm buying or the quantity - can go suck a bag of dicks."

I didn't mean to imply that I was being asked to PM Boo with every issue, just that as owner of this site he should be on top of things. If he grants mods authority in his place I get that, but in that case we shouldn't have to PM him about anything since the mods would be his site representatives.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Honestly I don't think the word "skanks" was meant in a negative way.. in fact the guys on here who say it, use it on themselves not on other members and it is clearly meant in a fun friendly way. I'm not cracking down on people trying to have fun I'm cracking down on people trying to ruin the place for others and be negative and insulting.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Honestly I don't think the word "skanks" was meant in a negative way.. in fact the guys on here who say it, use it on themselves not on other members and it is clearly meant in a fun friendly way. I'm not cracking down on people trying to have fun I'm cracking down on people trying to ruin it for others.
    +1

We work closely with Boo, thats why I suggest pming him.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    I didn't know you were being asked to pm Boo about every little issue. We are cracking down, and thats what this first post of this thread is about.
    Stating:

a bag of dicks! ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha laugh laugh ha ha

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

ah sheet still laughing

Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information