User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I noticed deal of the week at the Brighton no frills... or maybe it was deal of the day... Anyway, I had no idea it could have been free... I'll have to stop using the express checkouts and see what stores around here are offering it.

Coupon obsessed!!!
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I was in my RCSS this mOrning and I was all excited when my cashier forgot to ask me about the deal of the week. She told me that I had to go to courtesy to claim my free lotion. When I went to courtesy she asked me what cash I went through. I (jokingly) asked her if the cashier was going to get in trouble and she said YES! I couldn't believe it! I said forget it. That takes ALL of the fun out of the deal of the week for me!! I am not going to be pitted against my cashiers. I NEED them on my side and I am not a rat! That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I don't need a deal that bad.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancemommadance View Post
    I was in my RCSS this mOrning and I was all excited when my cashier forgot to ask me about the deal of the week. She told me that I had to go to courtesy to claim my free lotion. When I went to courtesy she asked me what cash I went through. I (jokingly) asked her if the cashier was going to get in trouble and she said YES! I couldn't believe it! I said forget it. That takes ALL of the fun out of the deal of the week for me!! I am not going to be pitted against my cashiers. I NEED them on my side and I am not a rat! That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. I don't need a deal that bad.
    I totally agree with this, it's similar at Zellers, there is one particular store that has a sign saying, "if I don't ask you for an HBC credit card, you get a free chocolate bar" that was just so that the cashier would get repromanded because it was a HUGE deal to push push PUSH the card. I,personally would never fall for it.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Got free Dial lotion today, cause the cashier forgot to ask!
    Wanna get paid giftcards and Paypal cash? Join Swagbucks right now!
    Don't you want free giftcards, prizes and money just for clicking?
    I've earned $180! Join Superpoints today

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

I have never had a cashier mention deal of the week lol until yesterday. I am guessing that they have had to give a lot of free product away because cashier were not mentioning it

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dancemommadance View Post

I work there. We don't get "in trouble" per say, but our names go to head office. After a few (not sure how many!) we have to go through re-training.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Just a question about this - but is the deal of the week usually a sale/good price for whatever it is? Or are they just trying to push a regular priced item by naming it "Deal of the week"?

Coupon obsessed!!!
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

It's all BS as far as I am concerned. It dOes nothing for consumer / cashier relations and I think it's bad policy

Trading Score
    19 (100%)

I was at our RCSS yesterday and asked the cashier about the deal of the week and if they have to give many away, do they get in trouble, etc. She said no, she hadn't had to give many away or that their tellers got in trouble either. She did say though, that there was one family in particular that comes through with a handful of kids (or should I say kids that are handfuls?) who purposely encourage the kids to distract the teller so she'll forget to ask. (the woman in question said "oh, I knew the kids would distract you.")
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/V2llygirl
    If you like free stuff, that is. I just got $20 in free Starbucks. Easy peasy.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Distracting a cashier to get the deal of the week? Not good. They only give out one item for each customer who they forgot to ask if he/she wants to buy the deal of the week. And yes they will get in trouble if they will give a many
    Last edited by cgirl; Mon, Jul 18th, 2011 at 02:47 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information