User Tag List

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    343 (100%)

My friend have some extra woman deodorant that she wouldn't be use them.so she wants to sell them to other co-workesr.we all knew The deodorant she got are almost free or free(with the $5 WUB2 P&G coupons).But then somebody told us that its against the law to sell stuff we got for free by using coupons.

Is it true?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I am not sure about that I know that bonus items have not for resale on their packages but I would never sell something I got for free with coupons i would give it someone I knew would use it I have done this many times or donate it to the food bank just my opinion
    Last edited by sheeny1980; Sun, Jun 12th, 2011 at 09:16 AM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am not sure of any coupon laws...but once you "buy" it, it's yours to do whatever you want with it...like if you win something, and sell it, I've done that before...I am not really sure!!!! perhaps if you went and set up a store or something, that would be frowned upon I'm sure, but just something small like that, I wouldn't really worry about it.

Lol, imagine the headlines though:

"Couponer arrested for selling free deoderant for stinky co-workers"

* I am in no way assuming the co workers stink, I am just being silly!!!!
    check out my blog! www.chaleneweir.blogspot.com

Kings County Coupon Queen sarah_300c's Avatar
    Trading Score
    693 (100%)

I don't think there is anything wrong with doing that. I know alot of people sell their extra products at yard sales.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

It says right on some coupons "not valid if items is purchased for resale", which would then count the coupon use as fraud. (It said it on last P&G insert's coupons so it may have been on your deodorant coupon.) That being said, selling the deodorant to co-workers for minimal profit is not going to put you on the radar, and how would they know what coupons you used? I wouldn't worry about it in this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by lili View Post
    My friend have some extra woman deodorant that she wouldn't be use them.so she wants to sell them to other co-workesr.we all knew The deodorant she got are almost free or free(with the $5 WUB2 P&G coupons).But then somebody told us that its against the law to sell stuff we got for free by using coupons.

Is it true?

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

If you're unsure, try emailing the CRA. I searched their website for re-selling legislation, but what I could find really only applies too property (boats, land, cars, etc.) and what I found is if you purchase it, turn around and sell it (for whatever reason) then you have to remitt taxes if the property is being sold for a higher price. I can't bring up the website on this computer (at work).
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I think you'd be more likely to run afoul of the "vending without a permit" bylaws in your hometown than risking the long arm of the P & G legal team, since this sounds pretty small-time.

There are items which, when purchased in, say, a multi-pack, that say right on the product "Not for Resale", but this doesn't sound like that kind of a situation.

To avoid all the nonsense (including the possibility of coworkers or others calling the CRA tip line - people can be petty!), I would suggest that she and the co-worker in need of the deodorant barter instead - if she trades X number of Secret deodorants for whatever widget the co-worker has that she wants, then there isn't even a "technical foul", from what I know of the law.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

selling 1-2 to a friend or coworker to cover your costs and put a few cents in your pocket isn't really an issue to worry about, it's when you try to start selling in mass quantities, opening up a store,making notable profits is where it becomes an issue
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Expert in My Town :) thriftymom75's Avatar
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Once it is yours, can't see why you couldn't sell it. There are garage sales all the time with cheaper bargains than we find in stores lol & yes I could see if you were selling mass quantities, then there may be a price to pay.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'd keep my recipts if I were going to do this. I think that at some flea markets, there are some items like razors that aren't bought cheap or free with coupons, they're out and out stolen. You want to prove that's not the case with your stuff.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kikineko View Post
    It says right on some coupons "not valid if items is purchased for resale", which would then count the coupon use as fraud. (It said it on last P&G insert's coupons so it may have been on your deodorant coupon.) That being said, selling the deodorant to co-workers for minimal profit is not going to put you on the radar, and how would they know what coupons you used? I wouldn't worry about it in this situation.
    i have to agree with this. they do say that using products for resale is fraud. but how are they gonna know? i mean really one or two to someone you know i dont think anyone would know or care. i think its more for people who plan to buy a ton for nothing or cheep and resell to make a bunch of money.
    i think what you want to do would be find. as long as its not something you did all the time

purse full of coupons
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I don' t think a couple here or there is going to be an issue. But there are those that sell at flea markets, craigslist, and ebay that may one day have issues as the writing on the coupons does specify that the item is not for resale.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

and this is why there are so many problems with the stores and couponers!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you read the fine print on some coupons it will clearly state, 'resale of the item is prohibited'.

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I'm sure this woman isn't starting up a store where she's going to be over-charging for her products that she got for free, or nearly free, with her coupons. If she's selling them to make a few bucks to her co-workers, why not?! I sold some of my stockpile at my yard sale last weekend and people bought it. There's always a need for toileteries...IMHO...

Thread Information