User Tag List

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
    CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Went to Dollarama and let me tell you I wish I hadn't. They brought 5 people to the cash to tell me they didn't know what to do. Ok that's fine. But they tried to scan the coupons, didn't work, one of the 5 laughed at me for using coupons Whatever no biggie they know about taking coupons but they "claim" they don't know how to enter them. and the manager seemed un willing and to even try to figure it out. Oh well there's better deals out there!

Princess of Paying Less katie333's Avatar
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Minicoups View Post
    Went to Dollarama and let me tell you I wish I hadn't. They brought 5 people to the cash to tell me they didn't know what to do. Ok that's fine. But they tried to scan the coupons, didn't work, one of the 5 laughed at me for using coupons Whatever no biggie they know about taking coupons but they "claim" they don't know how to enter them. and the manager seemed un willing and to even try to figure it out. Oh well there's better deals out there!
    Your experience sounds very similar to mine on all accounts.

I'm happy for those who have been able to use them, but it's clear there are many bugs in the system.

Still no reply to my email, clearly Rina can't just give me the formula answer everyone else has received.
    Kate

Have a question about cross border coupon shopping? PM me!
    Earn free GC and more with Swagbucks!

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abbasgirl View Post
    From the sounds of it they implemented this policy without preparing the cashiers in any way. Let's give them a chance to learn how to input a coupon properly before we start calling them names.

Rocky! Rocky! Rah Rah Rah c_mcarthur's Avatar
    Trading Score
    102 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by katie333 View Post
    Still no reply to my email, clearly Rina can't just give me the formula answer everyone else has received.

im thinking ''rina'' is a robot customer service rep

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kimzcouponz View Post
    Does anyone know if they will accept save.ca or websaver? as in the email it is quoted as "provided that these coupons are directly from the manufacturers"
    I used a brandsaver.ca coupon woulda used a save.ca or websaver but i didn't see anything I could use it on lol. at first I thought I saw betty crocker brownies but it turned out to be bc cake mix.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miabee View Post
    I went to the Dollarama in Oakville (Dorval) on Sat and they said they don't take coupons. Anybody in the Halton area have any luck yet? I would love to use my St. Ives coupons!
    I asked at a Burlington one and the girl said she wasnt aware that they did but she wasnt actually scheduled to work this week and was just helping so may have missed a note about it and to come back and ask
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can't wait to here about Thunder Bay!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used coupons at the Ancaster, Wilson Street location. The cashier did mention it was a new policy and had to ask for help to process them but I left with 2 free Yves hand lotion and 1 free scrunge. It was a bit embarrasing as the cashier yelled across the store for help because `This lady has coupons to use`` but oh well...lol.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    198 (100%)

They actually just enter the coupons as cash...When i was at dollarama yesterday the cashier didnt know how to enter the coupons so she called the manager who told her just check in all the purchases and then enter each coupon individually as cash...my total was $15.00 +TX the she entered .50,.50,$1.00,$1.00 and $1.00 cash..

The manager said thats how they will be doing when i questioned her about it as they dont have a vendor coupon button..

Trading Score
    128 (100%)

If anyone thinks the email would be helpful I can send it to you. Just PM me with your email addy and I will send my copy along.
    Greetings from the wet West!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I just called my local dollarama (brampton) and was told by a cashier they do not accept coupons. I asked for the manager who said she hadn't received a memo...BUT....she would call her district manager to find out for sure and to call her back in 5 minutes.

Called back, she apologized and said YES we do accept coupons, she just hadn't got the memo yet. She told me she was just calling all her cashiers together to let them know and that me and my coupons were welcome in her store effective immediately!!

So, grabbing my binder and heading out!!!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

which brampton dollarama did you call .

thx for the heads up

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Anyone have any luck with using printables?

Trading Score
    86 (100%)

wow, i'm in Windsor, Ontario too....i'm in the West End, but I'll have to check out the Dollarama in University Mall, hopefully they take them too! That's great!!!!
    Join Swagbucks and earn free stuff now!
    http://swagbucks.com/refer/star2009
    Amazon.ca Giftcards ordered ~ 15

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    25 (100%)

UPDATE!

Just got back from my Dollarama (Brampton - Bovaird & Airport) and had the greatest trip.

Grabbed a dozen crest, 14 Old spice men's razors, a dozen St. Ives lotions, Vileda scrubs. Took them to the cash...the girl says....you must be the woman who called earlier! Yep, that's me.

She called the manager....who came and just watched to make sure that everything went through okay. They took their time, which I was totally okay with as I was the first person to ever use coupons at their store. They asked a lot of questions (who pays? Does the store lose money? Etc.) and I pointed out a few things to look for on coupons...for their protection (e.g. no trial sizes).

Overall, they were FANTASTIC, PLEASANT, and IMPRESSED! The manager and 3 of the cashiers all wrote down "Smart Canucks" lol....so I expect to see a few of them here when their shifts end!!

This is really new for Dollarama, so just be pleasant, let them take their time, and give your stores a chance to find out about the policy change!

Happy Couponing Everyone!!!

Oh, and the manager even opened another cash so other patrons wouldn't have to wait while they dealt with me and my pile of coupons!! Way to go Dollarama !!!!
    Last edited by klw804; Tue, Jun 21st, 2011 at 01:48 PM. Reason: Addition

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread Information