User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Lists of freezable/non freezable foods - will update w/your additions!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Oooh good to know about the choc milk - I've been disgusting lately when I ran out of regular milk a few weeks ago I used choc milk for my honey nut cheerios one morning and am now addicted

I've been stocking up on the choc milk but even better to know it freezes!!

Great tips and links in here - I'm on my way to work but will update over the weekend with the post info and useful info from the links - thanks everyone keep it coming!!

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I like to buy the yogurt tubes and freeze them for the grandkids, they taste a lot better than regular popcicles.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hollyquaiscer View Post
    I like to buy the yogurt tubes and freeze them for the grandkids, they taste a lot better than regular popcicles.

what a great idea!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyschool1 View Post
    You can freeze grapes! I know sounds bizare. Just wash them up and put them in a freezable tupperware container. They are a nice cold treat in the summer. You can just eat them frozen! Very tasty and kids love them!!!
    When you freeze them they also become sweeeter.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If you freeze chocolate milk, let it thaw halfway, then shake the hell out of it. Break it up with a butter knife if you have to, but the slushy consistency is sooo nice in the summer.

I freeze yogurt, all bake-it-yourself squares and cookies, pies, breads, pasta sauces, berries and stock.

You can freeze cake, also. many cake decorators do this because the firmness allows for easy decorating.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

spaghetti sauce freezes (i freeze it in personal sized serving sizes) well so does chili, bread freezes well but isn't as fresh when defrosted best for toasting! (i preslice french bread and garlic bread then freeze it) you can freeze cooked meats.. i will cook ground beef and freeze it, it's great to have it precooked for adding into things or add as a topping
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

I'm Delicious TheOriginalTruffles's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Leftover sheet cake. I always have leftovers from the twin's birthday cakes. I cut it into pieces and then put pieces of wax paper between the slices. Then I put it in the freezer. Once it is frozen, you can easily remove a slice or two.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Shepherds pie

My mom makes pre-made meals for her business and most people who order from her ask that it be frozen before they pick it up, because they want to freeze it too. So we tested it and ; Lasagna, Shepherds pie and cabbage rolls can all be frozen. Aswell as chili and chicken soup
    Last edited by Brandy Hunter; Mon, Jul 4th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

I used to freeze 2l jugs of milk when we didn't have have agood grocery store near us. Skim milk tastes the same but 2% and whole milk have the fat seperate, they really need to be shaken as it's thawing and as you use it up.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Baked goods freeze well: cookies, muffins, cakes, breads, bagels. Since it's just the two of us, we never eat a whole package of bread, so I often freeze half. Burger buns I throw in the freezer right away and warm them on the BBQ when I'm cooking the patties.

Spaghetti sauce, chili, stew and soups as long as they don't contain potatoes, since they turn black.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snow00774 View Post
    Oooh good to know about the choc milk - I've been disgusting lately when I ran out of regular milk a few weeks ago I used choc milk for my honey nut cheerios one morning and am now addicted

I've been stocking up on the choc milk but even better to know it freezes!!

Great tips and links in here - I'm on my way to work but will update over the weekend with the post info and useful info from the links - thanks everyone keep it coming!!

I have been doing this since I was a kid. I have never had white milk in my cereal in over 20 years LOL
    My kids eat there cereal with chocolate milk as well lol to funny, I thought we were the only ones lol

I have frozen the oasis juice that was on sale at no frills a few weeks back. well....taste amazing, let it thaw for about 15 mins and then its liek shaved iced but yummy. the kids have been asking for it all week lol

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Opps - have negelected this thread - will update 1st post tonight!

To cc and others freezing juice and things in cartons - I guess I've been afraid to try that thinking the carton wouldn't hold up, but it will? What's the longest you've frozen juice for? Just picked up a lot of fruitopia and was debating on freezing it but not at the cost of losing a whole carton if it didn't work!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

and yes - even this morning I had my cheerios with choc milk - don't think i will ever go back lol!!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I have never done it before but I bought 5 or 6 of the oasis when it was on special a few weeks back and froze it all. So far it looks good, I thawed one out and it tasted no different.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Hot peppers -- like jalepeno and Scotch Bonnet.
    When these are reduced, I keep them longer by freezing.
    They can be sliced (semi thawed) and added to ground beef, stews, fish, soups-- to spice things up.

Great in the winter when you want something hot and spicy.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information