User Tag List

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (98%)

My dad has to take a Aspirin a day- so when I saw the coupon I ran down to SDM and take advantage of the last day of the flyer $6.00 price, was able to pick up 6-Extra Strength and 2-Stomach ones (dunno what they are all about) Cost me $5.76 for 720. Made sure the expiry dates were for 2013!!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by pmoonie View Post
    i think alot of people that take asprin for heart conditions take lower doses. my dad takes it for that reason and he takes 81mg.

Yes and no, I had a heart problem a few months ago that needed more than that a day.

Having said that there is a battle brewing in couponland it appears,

on one side you have people that will do anything to save a buck by way of buying what they do not need in order to use coupons or get overage for cash or products. (80 boxes of aspirin / 100+ shave foams etc you get the picture)

on the other side people play "coupon police" by trying to tell others how to use coupons.

I am torn, in one respect I feel that buying what you don't need no matter the value is just silly and wasteful. In another I feel that if a company is not looking out for their best interests by providing these coupons who are we to state limitations on how we use them when they didn't and they very well could have easily, other companies limit coupons why didn't they?

Here is what I think:

If a company wants to take the easy route and provide a coupon without printing limits we should just let people use it how they wish, who are we to say there is a limit.

Saying don't take too many packages because people might really need them for their hearts is not an argument here, there are hundreds if not thousands of stores that carry this product across my city alone. There will be no shortage.

The company knows about this loophole and has done NOTHING to correct it because they do not want to, and we don't work for them.

The "coupon police" cannot clearly define a limit they are wanting to impose on other users here. In this very thread some think 10 is ok, other think 2 or 5 or 3 or 6 or 1, see what I mean? Where is this imaginary line?

In closing I just want to say I don't mean to come of rude or hurtful to anyone with their own opinions I just think lets worry about using the coupons and let the companies worry about how to send them out

I myself bought 10 packages, 4 for me, 4 for my grandma, and 2 for my boss I don't think its unreasonable, then again I don't know where this imaginary line is either (there is only 24 in a box) by way of comparisin I buy tylonol with 100-200

Everyone is entitled to an opinion here, and for that I am glad to be here to state mine

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    237 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tiffbren View Post
    I put in an order for 50 boxes (not just for me but for family members also so that they could get in on the deal) I was told they would be in by next wednesday. Now I plan on purchasing in multiples of up to 10 throughout the course of many days just so I don't draw any attention to myself or other couponers.
    Quote Originally Posted by tiffbren View Post
    Maybe I should clarify my post, since I obviously wasn't clear enough by saying it was for my family members also.----> It was a collective order, between my parents, my inlaws, and two sisters and myself. So that would result in 10 each, now I am not really sure how that exceeds your interpretation of the limit of use of this coupon. And here I thought I was being a gracious couponer by ordering ahead instead of clearing the shelves on everyone. I simply posted the idea for anyone who had any trouble finding any aspirin, or any item at that.
    I agree pre-ordering is a good idea but by my calc (& according to your 1st post) adds up to more than 10ea ...not looking to start a debate, just IMO

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I buy strictly for the overage. I don't take aspirin and don't know anyone who regularly does, but if a store is going to give me cash or a credit towards the rest of my groceries I'm going to jump all over it with both feet.

I also bought Iams dog food for the overage and will continue to buy aspirin until they raise the price or the coupons expire.

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KMammy View Post
    I buy strictly for the overage. I don't take aspirin and don't know anyone who regularly does, but if a store is going to give me cash or a credit towards the rest of my groceries I'm going to jump all over it with both feet.

I also bought Iams dog food for the overage and will continue to buy aspirin until they raise the price or the coupons expire.
    Hey at least your honest about it!

do you take the cash or do you apply it to more stuff?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

where r aspirin on sale this week?

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by melissaandrews View Post
    where r aspirin on sale this week?
    regular price is $3.67 at WM if you can find them, or the 500mg for $4.97

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by home4now View Post
    I agree pre-ordering is a good idea but by my calc (& according to your 1st post) adds up to more than 10ea ...not looking to start a debate, just IMO
    Hmmm...I am ordering 50 boxes. 10 for myself, 10 for my parents, 10 for my inlaws, 10 for 1 sister, 10 for another sister. Maybe because I wrote that I would buy 10 at a time throughout the course of a few days? is that what your referring to? I meant that I would split up that order into multiples of 10 or less. Like I wouldn't be purchasing all 50 at one time. lol I hope that makes sense?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

I went out on the hunt for the ones for overage AND ALL GONE.. man you guys are fast in MIssissauga. WELL I did price match for the ones at 5.99 and had to pay the taxes but for me, I am always buying canadian medicine for my family in Africa. Its Safer then the products there because they get a lot of fakes. I only have about 20 bottles but I am going to order some because I need LOTS.. hopefully will find some... I had also found 20 of the Multibionta for the same reason. I always ship meds to them will continue to look for the ones with overage to buy food my by triplets.. if not will still PM at WM and just pay the tax
    Just launched my new website, come take a look (headbands for all ages, and more to come)
    Www.5angels.ca

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jubsies

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by gunsguy View Post
    Hey at least your honest about it!

do you take the cash or do you apply it to more stuff?
    Tonight I used the overage towards my other groceries, but when I did the Iams I got cash back.

College Girl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wait... where do I get this coupon?! I would like some FREE Asprin!!

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Great coupon, I got the link from the survey, too. I plan to pick up some for some relatives!

I admit, I won't be using it (deadly interactions with one of my medicines), but my mother takes it for the pain she gets from her Parkinson's tremors. Works great with Gravol for that!

Overage would be nice, but no Wal-Mart here. Will just be grabbing some from SDM (I like their new policy stating they take IPs!). We go through so much Aspirin any amount of saving is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by c_mcarthur View Post
    not good for your stomach and thins your blood...
    Aspirin is great for blood thinning if you have certain heart problems, preventing strokes, or if you're a female on birth control. Otherwise, yeah, probably not a good thing to take too often!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I used 2 of my printed black & white coupons yesterday at Walmart with no problem at all ... and I boght 2 of the $3.67 packages they were still the specified mg on the coupon so i got an OVERAGE of $2.33 on EACH

Banned
    Trading Score
    38 (100%)

Calling people greedy because you NEEEEEEEED the Aspirin is not a valid point. If you need the Aspirin it is available at dozens of retailers, and it's free at a lot of the stores too. I've seen it free at SDM and at Zellers. I'm sure the small bottle can't be over $6 at too many places. So you can get free Aspirin anywhere. The only reason people are angry at the shelf clearing is because they wanted the overage too.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I used 6 of them yesterday with no problem at all....even got cash back!

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information