User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    SAVINGS.. LOVE SAVINGS..
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

I went to the cole harbour zellers to get some aspirin and some purex since they had a ton left and mic mac mall had none.
    I just left mic mac mall, I gotten 8 purex and 6 bottles of aspirin, Various kinds for my family.
    And decided to hit up cole harbour on the way home to see if they had any purex, They had a shelf full, and they had 6 bottles of aspirin
    I proceeded to the check out, and the girl called over a supervisor
    Apparently they dont take printables anymore, so there goes the aspirin coupon...
    And now, they only take 1 coupon for 1 item. Cannot use more than 1 coupon of the same item, even though I had two 3.00 off coupons, I was only allowed to get one purex and use 1 coupon. So I got one purex.... Wasrte of my time.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Zellers

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

I had that one coupon per item/customer thing today at Canadian Tire in Sackville...i pointed out there were 3 of us there and 2 items....they did it then but argued it on the Green Works.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    81 (100%)

That sucks. You could try price matching at Walmart. Which is what I might do, Zellers can be such a pain.

SAVINGS.. LOVE SAVINGS..
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

Yeah they are complete asses in cole harbour. I have never ever ever had a good couponing experience with them.
    On another note, mic mac was soooo nice.. I even had custoemrs say wow she got all that for free, ect.. The supervisor who had to override it said that once target takes over the couponing will be much easier to work with. Right now all coupons have to be approved.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Yes, that sounds like Cole harbour Zellers. I have spoken to the Regional Office regarding the supervisors there and the managment. I will NOT shop there anymore. I am taking my shopping dollars to other stores and have told the Regional Office that as well!

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

See, I don't know how people have bad experiences at Cole Harbour Zellers...I always have dolls for cashiers at the register, and they never blink an eye at my coupons! *shrug* I dunno...

SAVINGS.. LOVE SAVINGS..
    Trading Score
    8 (64%)

Its odd how mic mac has one policy and cole harbour feels like they are there own store. They are not individually owned.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I shopped at Zellers Cole Hbr today, no Purex so I asked for a raincheck. She asked me if I would be purchasing with a coupon, obviously I said yes. She said NO coupons on any sale items?? WTF is that all about. I asked her if this was the managers policy? She said it came from Head Office. I asked he what the purpose of refusing coupons on sale merchandise, as they are reimbursed, she said that got 40 bucks with coupons the other day, I felt like saying so what does that have to do with it, you will get your 40 bucks back This store is getting worse, earlier this week they told me that they would not price match and use a coupon. We should boycot them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I have already boycotted them personally, it is the only way they will get the message. Take our business elsewhere. I have been told they will not pricematch and use a coupon, they will not allow a coupon on a sale item, regardless of what the coupons state, they will not use printables and now apparently one l coupon per person per item period. Take our business to Walmart or other Zellers stores I say!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Should have mentioned, I have been told that is the actual Store Manager's policy. Very short sighted from a customer service point. The store will loose a LOT of business.

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Check out my July 17th thread about this. I still plan to go back and speak with a manager and possibly "Vicki" who was okay but on a trip. My days and evenings until Friday night are booked and I suspect I'll need at least an hour to go over my issues. My goal is to enlighten him on how we are not committing blue collar crimes, generally good people, but don't cross the line with our coupons because we can be fiercely protective of our coupons and customer rights. I hope that he will have a policy that will be consistent with other Zellers, especially regarding internet coupons (should be kosher with all the right info. on them). I shop there a lot because it is convenient and so I want to play nice and clear up what they seem to think is happening ie./hoarding, being extreme, illegally using photo copied coupons. I'm actually hoping to borrow my son's laptop and show them where these originate. I have so much to say, as always,
    geez, I can't remeber the rest so I better do this now that I've blabbed huh?

I very well may have been the 40$ couponer, let me try to recall what I bought:
    2 purex with the 2 x 3.00 coupons
    6 colgate toothbrushes with 6 x 1.00 (family of 5)
    2 iams cat foods with the 2 x 2.00 (my gf just got a cat, I don't have one) but hope she gives me the $3 coupon for dog food
    6 febreze with 3 x $5 of wub any 2
    3 fish crackers with 3 x .50
    I can't remember the rest but thats 32.50 right there, plus I had 10% off my purchase and a 20,00 points extra internet Zellers coupon (which they took) because my purchase was over 80$.... so obviously I bought other stuff.
    I wanted to buy the benydryl for 15.97 with a 2.50 internet coupon but they wouldn't let me so I went to Walmart and PM'd and used my coupon. How stupid was that Zellers? Walmart got my money (and probably still made some because of mark ups) + the 2.50 back at some point and Zellers got to put the benedryl back on the shelf. Thats Business 101 man.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I can't wait for Target to come in and shake a few of these 'coupon unfriendly' stores.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Being a newbie this may be a stupid question but I don't understand why there seems to be so much hostility from the retail side with coupon use if they get their money back. Are there any other fees or costs associated with coupons for the retailer that the average joe might not know about? I think they are dinged a fee when they have a transaction with credit cards (3% or something like that? I heard that somewhere) so are coupons similar?
    Otherwise, I don't get why we couponers get the reactions that we do. So far I've been lucky but I know it's only a matter of time.

Trading Score
    707 (100%)

Cole Harbour Zellers wouldnt let me use the printable they said they dont take them anymore but he did let me use all 6 of my purex coupons at once..

I went to mic mac yesturday and no purex left.. If there was I totally misssed it

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (94%)

I went to that Cole Harbour store a few years ago, I was buying a sale on baby food and fruit snacks. There was a limit on them so I got my limit, my husband got his and my daughter who was 3 at the time got her limit. When we went to the cash she asked if we were together and my husband said yes she said right out she refused to serve him but would ring in mine, then she said, that order back there, who's is that? We told her our daughters and she said she's not even a person for gods sake you can't do that. After I bought all diapers and formula there I WAS PISSED! A supervisor came and told her to put it through and she still refused to ring in my husband so the supervisor did for him and my daughter agreeing that we were all people and the limit was "per customer" not "per family". On the Monday I called the manager who was so apologitic and gave my daughter a $100 gc for being insulted. The lady lost her job after the manager looked at the camera and saw it all. I was so mad! We were at Mic Mac a few months after that and guess who works at Zellers???? That same cranky woman....grrrrrr.

You're not alone in boycotting but, if you do that they will be happy, if people all go there at once to use coupons they will go nuts....lol

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information