User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So I was talking to a cashier at walmart last night at stavanger and she noticed I had coupons. She said "do you know the lady with really long hair and a purple coat?" I said I didn't think so. She said "she comes in here every night getting stuff with coupons, she has been clearing shelves for the past few weeks and just the other night bought 50 aspirin and about 20 resolve and we gave her money back. She said that the manager is not happy about it and is going to be putting a limit on how many coupons we can use per order she said she is expecting her back in today because of the new flyer and they have all the cashiers made aware of it and to get the manager as soon as they see her. WOW
    Not fair to us regular couponers who just buy what we need I said yeah most people who coupon aren't like that. I didn't know what else to say.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Wow... that really sucks...
    I hate when people like that ruin it for people like me who go in there with my couple of coupons to get a decent deal and there is never anything left!!! Grrrrrrr!!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Angry.
    Last edited by Kyah; Fri, Jul 22nd, 2011 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Computer Error

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yeah - that is not fair and not polite to other people! Like the other posters, i usually only have a few coupons to pair with the deals!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wow. Just takes one to ruin it for all of us It really does leave the manager with no choice but to place limits on coupon use. On a side note I can't get my Walmart (Mt. Pearl) to even take a printable(they say they don't accept them), so what's the deal with other locations accepting 50? Weird.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Well I guess that explains why I haven't been able to find any deals there lately!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Stavanger and the one on Kelsey drive accepts printable coupons not a problem. Mind you I have only used a few at a time.
    I believe in getting only what your family needs not go overboard...coupons have been a blessing to our family and I would hate for it to get ruined by a few bad apples

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I agree- nobody in this world can go through 50 bottles of Aspirin before the expiry date without causing some massive GI problems..
    Mount Pearl Wal-Mart is brutal, but Wal-Marts policy is clear that they DO accept printables. Dont give up on Mount Pearl Wal-Mart- my mother has called the Regional Manager and he said that it is Wal Mart Canada's policy to accept printables.
    That being said, I understand their hesitation when people are using printables to go insane with it..

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks for the info Kyah. I agree with you that with someone abusing the coupons the way they have been you can definitely understand their hesitation in taking them. I scored 1 bottle of Aspirin last week at Shoppers when they were on sale for $6 and I was so happy with that. Like you, I don't understand what anyone would do with 50 bottles or why they'd want to ruin it for themselves and everyone else. That said, the next time I have a printable I want to use I'll try Mt. Pearl again. Can't hurt.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i used the listerine zero at stavanger wal mart - but the coupon says one per purchase per visit - so i just get one everytime i go

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cjlewis14 View Post
    Wow. Just takes one to ruin it for all of us It really does leave the manager with no choice but to place limits on coupon use. On a side note I can't get my Walmart (Mt. Pearl) to even take a printable(they say they don't accept them), so what's the deal with other locations accepting 50? Weird.

Now I know why I can't find any deals lately,, Usually the shelves are cleared now!! it just take one to ruin it for everyone. I hope the woman with the purple coat reads this thread & rethinks what she is doing!! comon, you don't need 50 bottles!! for heaven sakes think of others!!

Walmart mount pearl does take the printables, I guess it depends on the cashier I purchase 4 bottles of the Asprin last week no problems, got the overage for my other items.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I am so glad that I have never used a single coupon to get a bottle of resolve or asprin at Walmart. Otherwise this would be really embarassing! I often show that Walmart and use a lot of coupons. On the otherside of the coin, the cashier should never tell you that about another customer and they should not be ging cutomers like that when they haven't done anything illegal. If someone uses a million coupons ahead of me, it's none of my business!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mmilley0730 View Post
    I am so glad that I have never used a single coupon to get a bottle of resolve or asprin at Walmart. Otherwise this would be really embarassing! I often show that Walmart and use a lot of coupons. On the otherside of the coin, the cashier should never tell you that about another customer and they should not be ging cutomers like that when they haven't done anything illegal. If someone uses a million coupons ahead of me, it's none of my business!

I understand this women has not done anything illegal.. that's not the point.. All we are saying is if this kind of abuse continues we are going to see stores changing their coupon policy for the worst.. this will benefit no one. I don't think it's fair for anyone to clear the shelves of 50 items just because it's legal to do so.. using 50 coupons for one product one shot is too much.. I for one would be totally embarassed to do so.. I wouldn't even give this kind of behavior a 2nd thought.. I for one think is it totally wrong.. this lady in purple will ruin it for all of us.. you just wait & see!
    Last edited by Roxanne0399; Fri, Jul 22nd, 2011 at 02:51 PM.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Roxanne0399 View Post
    I understand this women has not done anything illegal.. that's not the point.. All we are saying is if this kind of abuse continues we are going to see stores changing their coupon policy for the worst.. this will benefit no one. I don't think it's fair for anyone to clear the shelves of 50 items just because it's legal to do so.. using 50 coupons for one product one shot is too much.. I for one would be totally embarassed to do so.. I wouldn't even give this kind of behavior a 2nd thought.. I for one think is it totally wrong.. this lady in purple will ruin it for all of us.. you just wait & see!
    Agreed. I also hate feeling like a criminal when a cashier argues with me for trying to use the couple coupons that a newbie like me has.
    But Roxanne0399 is right, thats not the point. We are a very small jurisdiction and 1 person can literally ruin it for all of us on this!

PS- Roxanne0399, you are only 2 posts away from your free gift from SC!

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i'll admit i'm getting frustrated every time i see a post about the advil and the overage.. i completely agree with them putting a "household cap" on products bought with coupons.. because of the overage people are buying things just to make $$$ sure it's nice to make a bit of money off the coupons.. to have a bit of overage to cover the rest of your basket purchases (milk, bread, soup, dry goods kinda thing) but to go in and clear the shelf of a product you can't use (buying in excess.. and this goes for not just aspirin) just to get overage makes me sad... when walmart put in this overage policy i don't think they expected it to be used as a cash cow.. and if people keep going in and using it as such they may just change the policy
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information