User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

I know that we don't know the situation that the lady who bought 50 aspirin is in, but still she could have easily called ahead and ordered them instead of cleaning shelves and not leaving any for anyone else. Also, if someone comes in and needs aspirin, but doesn't have enough money for the big bottle, what are they supposed to do? Just my opinions.
    Last edited by frugalgirl14; Fri, Aug 19th, 2011 at 09:18 AM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There are a ton of similarly priced places people who need aspirin can get it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

In case everyone hasnt seen it yet, there is a post somewhere on the forum where a SC has been informed that Bayer is no longer distributing the small Aspirin until after the coupon expires because of abuse.
    So very soon nobody will be able to get them anyways.
    LF: Dog treat coupons

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyah View Post
    In case everyone hasnt seen it yet, there is a post somewhere on the forum where a SC has been informed that Bayer is no longer distributing the small Aspirin until after the coupon expires because of abuse.
    So very soon nobody will be able to get them anyways.
    Wow, its that bad!

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalgirl14 View Post
    I know that we don't know the situation that the lady who bought 50 aspirin is in, but still she could have easily called ahead and ordered them instead of cleaning shelves and not leaving any for anyone else. Also, if someone comes in and needs aspirin, but doesn't have enough money for the big bottle, what are they supposed to do? Just my opinions.
    Than they can print a 6 dollar coupon and get the huge bottle for a dollar something right... or do i have my math wrong? we are getting overages, which means free, if the other people don't have enough money they can use a coupon cant they?

but in the end its always going to come down to a jealous person huh?
    and as for ordering stuff, we cant do that in this area of canada.

And my local walmart restocks the small bottles every day so as for them not getting the anymore, I think is untrue, they might just be sending out smaller shipment of the small bottles...

And I agree with you KMammy very much how many shoppers or other places do you see whiped out huh? only wal mart so we can get our overages... so have a nice day... happy couponing.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I dont mind if someones a few coupons but that many seems over the top. Must be trying to be like that show on TLC. LOL. Plus I love to use a few myself. Nothing wrong with saving a few cents here and there.

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by leebrew View Post
    I dont mind if someones a few coupons but that many seems over the top. Must be trying to be like that show on TLC. LOL. Plus I love to use a few myself. Nothing wrong with saving a few cents here and there.
    over the top... its extreme couponing... like I said no one knows this womans situation, she may need the overages, I think everyone should stop judging other for what they buy... if she never used the one coupon to buy these what would people say than...?

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Actually I think it's positive that the manager is looking to impose limits. Those limits could be set high enough not to inconveniece regular couponers, while discouraging shelf clearing. Other stores have policies that allow them to limit the number bought to 'reasonable household quantities', probably at the discretion of store staff, to prevent exactly this kind of abuse.

I'd take the opportunity to offer the manager feedback about what type of limits would work for me, as a respectful and reasonable shopper who comes to their store in part because of their coupon policy.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TeriB View Post
    Actually I think it's positive that the manager is looking to impose limits. Those limits could be set high enough not to inconveniece regular couponers, while discouraging shelf clearing. Other stores have policies that allow them to limit the number bought to 'reasonable household quantities', probably at the discretion of store staff, to prevent exactly this kind of abuse.

I'd take the opportunity to offer the manager feedback about what type of limits would work for me, as a respectful and reasonable shopper who comes to their store in part because of their coupon policy.
    Amen.. I'm all for reasonable couponing & to be quite honest I think abusing overages at any store is wrong & if this behavior continues stores will stop the overages & then no one benefits & that includes the purple coat lady!! That's my 2 cents

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by cjlewis14 View Post
    Wow. Just takes one to ruin it for all of us It really does leave the manager with no choice but to place limits on coupon use. On a side note I can't get my Walmart (Mt. Pearl) to even take a printable(they say they don't accept them), so what's the deal with other locations accepting 50? Weird.

I always use printables at wal- mart in mount pearl so thats really weird why you couldn't use any hmmm

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Seriously what is up with Wal-Mart Mount Pearl? They dont let me use them either, but my co-worker has been able to use them. They are completely inconsistent. I emailed Wal Mart Canada customer relations, and the only answer they gave me was to speak to the Mount Pearl Store Manager.
    LF: Dog treat coupons

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Seriously what is up with Wal-Mart Mount Pearl? They dont let me use them either, but my co-worker has been able to use them. They are completely inconsistent. I emailed Wal Mart Canada customer relations, and the only answer they gave me was to speak to the Mount Pearl Store Manager.
    I've also used printables at mount pearl location. I think it depends on the cashiers/manager that's on duty. Has anyone used them at shoppers mount pearl lately? I've used them in the past with no problems however a fews days after using my printables (last time) the cashier told me they had major problems with the Printables.. I haven't tried using them since.

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

just take you policy.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

"IF they get the money back.. with coupon abuse and fraudulent coupons running rapid now a days websites have pulled printables (like the $6 aspirin) from their website when they feel that they are being abused, wording gets changed, policies get updated"

Yup. All my just-arrived P&G Brandsaver coupons were quite specific about not using with another coupon. Granted, I've only been at this a month, but I've seen very few examples of coupons that didn't prohibit stacking... which, since I live on the West Coast I could do at London Drugs.

The 'Extreme Couponing' show on TLC is showing everyone how to exploit the 'loopholes' in couponing, and will certainly increase the practice of 'extreme couponing' in the population. The show is shining a very bright light on coupons and coupon policy, and you can bet the manufacturers will be considering their policy and wording very carefully.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

One thing doesn't seem right, For a store employee giving descriptions of their customers to complete strangers does not seem ethical to me. It kind of borders defamation since they are referring to the lady in a negative way. Anyone else agree?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information