User Tag List

Thread: Lost Cell Phone

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

My money saving attempts have finally bitten me back. Somewhere between a block of Walmart and home, I lost my cell phone Friday night. No one has made any calls on it so far and I turned it off after I spoke to my mother. Why did I have to turn it off that night? I keep calling it periodically in case someone picked it up and turned it on.

I noticed it missing on Saturday morning while I was out, but didn't see it since Friday. Of course, I thought it was at home. DH and I tore up the place on Sunday when I got really worried about it but it was no where to be found.

I just felt sick over losing all those phone numbers and am thinking about cancelling or paying out the rest of the contract term. Oh it feels so awful to lose your cell phone.

And yes, I called WM customer service to see if it had been turned in. After being on hold for half an hour and passed around to six people, I finally just went and retraced my steps, but nothing. I'm getting a bit over this.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Hopefully someone will find it and return it to you! Yes, there are still good people in this world! My husband found a phone outside in the snow last winter, we called to a few of the numbers to figure out to whom it belonged.

I don't know where you live, but it might be an idea to post on kijiji and/or freecycle - I've seen such postings on both places.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

posying a missing ad is a good idea i really hope someone calls numbers on ur phone i felt the same when i lost my phone last year i didnt have a clue what pics or info i had left on it

good luck

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Did you call and put a hold on it so noone can call and rack up your bill?

Trading Score
    25 (100%)

I lost my old phone years ago, and was lucky enough to have it returned to me.
    I now have an htc sense phone so I can lock it if i lose it and leave a message right on the phone from my computer.
    Im sorry to hear that you have to go through all this, and hopefully someone nice will find it and return it with no problems.
    Keep us updated!!

Groupon WagJag
    Checkout my blog?
    helloobee.blogspot.ca

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Thanks everyone. I feel like such a dunce! Do you know if they'll charge you for putting your phone on hold? I haven't yet in case I find it, because 1) it hasn't been turned on - I get a "not in service message" when I call, 2) no calls have been logged when I check my account online, 3) if it has been found, no one has turned it on or tried to use it, and 4) I misplace things often.

I haven't misplaced a cell phone ever and I've had one for over a decade. I misplace coupons, my lip gloss, etc., but not usually something important. I'm still holding out hope that it's inside the house, but I think we looked everywhere on Sunday.

Maybe it was found and someone thinks it ran out of batteries? If I don't find it tonight, I'm thinking of posting a "lost" note.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

No charge for reporting it lost or stolen and having your plan on hold. You need to reactivate account within 2 months or it will be cancelled and you will have all those fees to pay. You still have to pay your monthly charges regardless if you have use of the line or not. This is Bell terms. Don't know the others.

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Did you call and put a hold on it so noone can call and rack up your bill?

I hope someone finds it & returns it to you safely or that is is somewhere at home. Did you drive or walk? Maybe it might be in the car or around the outside of your home. Hope you find it soon

“For one bad night there are a thousand amazing nights” - Gavin DeGraw

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think I've looked everywhere I can think of. I did suspend the service for the next few days until I can find an old phone that I can connect the service to or get a new one. I called all the stores I visited, walked the route to the intersection where I hung up on the last call I made, searched the car the next morning, emptied all my bags, even went through the recycling in case it was on top of a pile of papers that went in.

Ugh. Feeling lost without my phone. All my numbers were stored on it.

I would think if it was found, someone would try to use it to call out or one of the numbers in the stored redial. My mother suggested calling the police station to see if it had been turned in. I didn't write down any serial numbers on it though. I guess the worse they can say is no.

Trading Score
    266 (99%)

Oh man. That sucks. I really hope you find it. I agree with your mom, sometimes people find things and don't know where to take it and the police station is a good start. If you still have any of the original packaging it'll have the serial number in the package.

Good luck.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i hope you find it too,or atleast the person is decent enough to check and find the owner.

i got a brand new droid two weeks ago and after reading this,as i am so forgetful of things like that,i put an app on my phone called "wheres my droid" what it does is it will turn on my phone and make it ring and if no one answers it will give me a gps location of the phone.

have you tried the lost and found? was there a police station near by? sometimes people will drop a phone off at the nearest police station.it is worth a try.i found my car keys that way..

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    40 (100%)

Who is your carrier? You may not have written down the serial number, but your carrier should have a record of your phone's IMEI, which is a unique number. That might be useful? Also, maybe you know someone who has a spare phone that you can use, so you don't have to buy a whole new one? It's easy enough to connect your account to a new phone...
    Open a Tangerine bank account (formerly ING ) using my Orange Key (14507658S1), deposit $100 and we both get $25! Right now, receive up to $150 in bonuses and earn 2.50% interest!

Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Of all the dumb luck. I gave the original box away in packaging a gift. I remember she gave the box back to me but I don't remember if I took it or it just got recycled.

And no luck at the police station.

Would someone have possibly given it to their child thinking it was a toy if the power was off? I'm just frazzled.

Yesterday I was so hopeful about transferring it to an old cell phone I found but after charging it, I remember that I've always been with Rogers and this is a Bell account. Aaaauuuuggghhhhh!!

Thread Information