User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Nice work on the weight loss! That's awesome, in regards to the clothes, don't feel bad my dh is the same way

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Congratulations on your weight loss!

Our "new" house doesn't have a basement - storing out of season clothes has become quite a challenge.

My dh has a closet (which is packed) and a dresser. I have a double closet, 3 dressers and a wardrobe and a roll-out drawer under the bed and my coats take up most of the small "outdoor clothes" closet and I have other coats hangling behind several doors.

Maybe I should get rid of a few things. When you type it out, it seems like a lot - just seems normal to me though.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

...avon, you have more than the kids and I COMBINED. lol (They each have their own dresser and they share half of the hall closet with me. :p)
    If I had the space, I so would have that much, though....>.>

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

oh I wish.. lets see. DH & I share the dresser.. & the closet... split 50/50... and right now... it is going to be a bad winter.. unless PGX works.. bought it tonight @ Costco.. wish me luck... have to drop alot of weight... hmm maybe thats what should be on this site.. a " weight dropping club"

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I have clothes that have fit me at various sizes - many of which I still hope I'll be able to use again.
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Originally Posted by Jody22002
    . He insists that if something is plaid it therefore matches something else that is plaid. Plaid + plaid=fashionable(much to the embarrassment of my teenage daughter).

Sounds IDENTICAL to my boyfriend, he thinks that plaid matches plaid, atleast now he is picking the SAME color plaid...

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbear609 View Post
    oh I wish.. lets see. DH & I share the dresser.. & the closet... split 50/50... and right now... it is going to be a bad winter.. unless PGX works.. bought it tonight @ Costco.. wish me luck... have to drop alot of weight... hmm maybe thats what should be on this site.. a " weight dropping club"
    Id' join, looking to loose another 20 by xmas
    I gained like 30 lbs going n anti depressants, I have lost all but 10 lbs of that weight, an I'm looking to drop from 168 to 148, I think its reasonable.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I am glad that there are others like me out there!!

I don't hang onto clothes in any size but the size I wear currently. I found that when I have clothes in my closet that are too big for me, it gives me reason to be okay with gaining weight. When I hung onto clothes that were too small, it gave me reason to hate myself.

My closet is only a single closet. I wish I had a double. Man, I could pack a lot of stuff in there!!!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

my husband needs less cargo pants hes got like 11 all in the same light brown colour lol. i need school clothing thogh and shoes i need more shoes so looks like i gotta use some student loan money when i get it... go to value village for the clothing i dunno bout the shoes as that and underwere is something i refuse to buy used

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Congratulations on the weight loss! As for the clothes, every once in a while I see my drawers bulging and I need to do a purge. It helps when I, like Bella said, break things into categories. I logically think how many tee shirts, jeans, etc. I need. Then I pick out that many favourites and donate the rest. I find it easier to pick my favourites thant to decide if I like something and would wear it again (of course I like it, I bought it!). We proably donate twice a year. Feels good to donate and feels good to be able to actually see what's in each drawer again.
    Simple Cheap Mom

Earn Amazon and Pay Pal giftcards for surfing the Internet! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/addsup

Trading Score
    103 (100%)

That was a very interesting and humorous post; I really enjoyed it!

Over the years, I've had too few clothes, too many clothes, at times a closet full of clothes and nothing to wear because of clothes that didn't fit or clothes that needed mending or alterations.
    But for the past couple of years, I've been simplifying and downsizing everything about my life and home, including my closets. I have learned that my weight fluctuates, due to uncontrollable health issues, so I am learning to have a few outfits of different sizes ready to wear. I have several closets...one for coats, one for clothes I'm not wearing presently, and one for clothes I am wearing presently and a few things that need mending or alterations. My system is improving. I've been able to be more realistic about what is going to be worn and what isn't. One year I donated 6 bags of clothes & shoes to CD (Canadian Diabetic foundation). The next year I lost weight and needed those same clothes. So it was back to the Thrift Shop/Bag Sales where I buy new or almost new clothes for $3 a bag.

I've been trying out a new approach. I've sorted everything into what I wear, and what I think I will wear sooner or later. The rest is boxed and piled for repurposing. I have cut lots of old clothing into aprons, quilt pieces & rag-rug strips (made some beautiful rugs from these), light-weight strips for crochetted mats, fabric baskets & flower-pot covers (these look great on the patio). I cut up a pile of old cottons for garden and household rags. My new motto is self-discipline: I don't throw or give anything away because that would be wasting my money, time and energy which went into getting it in the first place. At present, I have a little pile of clothing on my ironing board to cut up for rags, another pile of old shirts for aprons, dishcloths and dishtowels, a few pair of pants that need altering, some winter apparell that needs repurposing (ie: one pair of double lined mitts will be cut apart and the liners used for taking frozen foods out of freezer). I am finding that it is a lot of fun to repurpose these articles of clothing. Old purses are great for making liners for slippers, shoes or boots. Old scarves can be cut up and crochetted into nice potted-plant covers, or used to tie up garden plants. It's a work in progress, but I've been tackling it regularly and I don't feel overwhelmed anymore.

As for wearable outfits, I take 1 pair of pants and do the alterations so that pair of pants fits me just right. Then I check through my other clothes for matching tops, etc. and make outfits. My wardrobe is arranged by colour and type of clothes. It works for me.

Remember the days when every girl was told to prepare her wardrobe basics? There were only a few outfits, but they were appropriate for whatever the situation warranted. Nowadays, we have piles of stuff, but often we don't have the clothes we need at the right time. I'm finding that less is more. Starting with a pair of black pants, I added my white blouse, other blouses, tops and blazers, skirts and coat and shoes. Then the categories: work, home, formal occasion, depending on the weather.
    ( Valiant, the valley-ant )

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

My mother has her entire 1000+ sqft filled with lines of hanging clothes ( looks like a small thrift shop).

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/savings/wIhTlx6/]

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am all about shoes...i went from 200 pairs down to 6...don't get me wrong it was an overhaul...I couldn't fit the 200 pairs that some were still in boxes into the closet I have..I really had to downsize. I decided 6 was a good number I got to keep some of everything almost. But it was also 6 is all a girl has time to wear really most of the other time the others would be worn once or not at all. I decided to give my shoes to goodwill or a womans shelter I wrapped them up in the shoe boxes in wrapping paper then labeled with a sharpie what size they were and if they were dress, causal, sneaker or flip flops...Then I contacted the womans shelter and asked them if they would like some shoes. At first they thought I was joking that I was going to give them 194 pairs of shoes but when they stopped laughing on the phone they were oh your serious. I said I wasn't going to garage sale them away but do the next best thing and give them to someone who may have nothing. The person on the other end of the phone said they would have to go to a council meeting and discuss the 194 shoes but didn't think that they could use that many pairs. Later on the week I had friends go through the shoes they thought they were cool and liked a section of them...I said they had enough shoes and no way in heck would I ever see them wear these ones.

A long time seem to pass in trying not to buy anymore shoes..because I was the shopper that walked in and walked out with 3 bags and 6 boxes of shoes later.

As it goes they finally agreed to giving of the shoes I was to me at the certain location with all the shoes and then I was to be transported with a blind fold to the location to keep it secreative since womans shelters need to be hidden within the community to keep whatever they left away from them. There was more then one shelter there it seemed but i suppose they got together for this epic occasion. The women were definately grateful watching them put it on was probably more sheer joy for me then keeping them in my room/closet which had no room. I had also brought them socks because I thought how would ya try on shoes without new socks to slip into them.

I run into ever so often this woman who got a pair of the shoes I gave away several years ago the first time she stopped to thank me out of the blue I had no clue what was going on but I accepted it either way.

If you want to keep your collection sounds like you either have to downsize or move into one of those storage lockers that you could wheel your goods into and out of.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Sorry that I can't help with some wonderful advice......I have 3 closets full and please don't look under the beds......

Trading Score
    14 (100%)

Have children and put them in sports, then you'll never have money again to spend on yourself......if I buy 2 new tops a year I'm lucky. Just dropped 400 dollars on skates...there goes my winter wardrobe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information