User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    471 (100%)

...or Intervention.

And not for my stockpile either.

My clothes. My shoes. My purses. My jewelry. My make up. Basically, anything girly.

I don't have a walk-in closet. Wish I did. My H and I started out sharing the closet when we bought this out(well, he had a couple of hangers and I had the rest). Then I moved his stuff to a dresser. Then I borrowed one of his dresser drawers and then another.....Now he has a shelf. In the top of an armoire that I had to buy to house my clothes. He doesn't really care. My H can't even dress himself most days...he doesn't care about clothes. He insists that if something is plaid it therefore matches something else that is plaid. Plaid + plaid=fashionable(much to the embarrassment of my teenage daughter). Now I think he does it just to aggravate her.

I cannot cram one more thing in to my closet, drawers, armoire, anywhere. I just spent the whole night going through it all to see what I haven't worn in awhile. I like it ALL. I cannot close my closet doors at this point.

I have a thing for 1950's dresses. I have about 75 of them. The worst part is I don't buy new. I upcycle.

I need help. Clothes-a-holics Anonymous.

Please tell me someone out there has the same problem.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have the oposite, I need clothing very bad atm, my woredrobe is dwindling.

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

i just found 2 brand new pairs of jeans in my size left by the recycling

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Oh, haha!
    I got 2 dressers and DH had a wardrobe and the closet (because I took over the hall closet with my jackets and DD's, he needed the bedroom closet for his) but then my dressers got full, so I put some of my cardigans and sweaters in the closet...and then took the upper wardrobe shelf for my accessories, lol.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I used to be like this, and one day i got fed up and threw SO much away. Just think to yourself.. will you ever wear those 1970's dresses, all 75 of them? I'd count all the items you have in categories, per say ;

50 tshirts
    40 jeans
    45 sweaters
    18 sweatshirts
    25 pants
    15 jackets

and then devide everything in 3 (or 4). Donate 1/3(1/4) of it. then in a couple months do it again, and keep going until you have a reasonable amount
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

It's so hard to give up clothes, though.
    Before we moved, I gave my SIL a lot..I had some BRAND NEW stuff I bought even before moving to Canada (some tanks that had stuff like I <3 My BF lol).
    She wears them a lot (especially the BF tanks lol, I had 2 in different colours) but I still feel...wrong...xD

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Can I come up for a day , i'll.... help you. Bahahah
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

lol I think I actually do still have stuff with tags floating around...sad, haha.

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    I used to be like this, and one day i got fed up and threw SO much away. Just think to yourself.. will you ever wear those 1970's dresses, all 75 of them? I'd count all the items you have in categories, per say ;

50 tshirts
    40 jeans
    45 sweaters
    18 sweatshirts
    25 pants
    15 jackets

and then devide everything in 3 (or 4). Donate 1/3(1/4) of it. then in a couple months do it again, and keep going until you have a reasonable amount

Here's the thing though. I went from wearing a size 22/24(where nothing fit right) to a size 4(where everything fits!). I gave away my entire wardrobe when I lost weight. Bags and bags.

I could, probably, wear a different outfit everyday for a year and not duplicate. Pathetic, I know. I am not so bad with shoes. I maybe have 40 pairs. Most of which I can't wear right now because of the whole broken knee thing but I will wear them eventually.

I might have a couple hundred shirts.

Where do I wear all those dresses? Couponing, of course. I am more comfortable in dresses/skirts than pants. I have maybe 5 pairs of pants.

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Yeah, losing weight isn't ideal on the wallet, lol...
    After I had Luna, I was sooo happy to be back in 'normal' clothes (I still hadn't lost all of the weight, but still lol) that I bought a lot of jeans and such.
    But then got pregnant again.....gotta be kidding me. lol So probably on Boxing Day, I'll be buying lots and lots..when I don't really NEED any. xD

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I'm still stuck on the "went from wearing a size 22/24(where nothing fit right) to a size 4" part!
    HOW on earth....???!!!!!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hey losing that much weight is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations. I'm with Lynn on being stuck on that comment, but really a 100 shirts! (l0l)

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I switched to a much healthier lifestyle and started exercising. Counted the calories that were going in my mouth each day and tried to stick to only what I needed to actually eat.

I know. That much clothes is crazy.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Buying too much, not needing it physically, but emotionally, is a hrad thing to deal with. Look at what you get out of buying these items and keeping them. It is much less to do with the item than the return you get from them.
    Your post has a lot of humor in it, but I suspect the opposite is true. My heart goes out to you. I had at one point a lot of clothing items (not that much, but for me a lot) until I said "Why do I keep this? Do I need it? Have I worn it in 2 years? No, donate it".

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jody22002 View Post
    . He insists that if something is plaid it therefore matches something else that is plaid. Plaid + plaid=fashionable(much to the embarrassment of my teenage daughter).

Don't really have any good advice. The only thing I can say is I store my winter clothes in the basement, so I have room for my summer stuff and vice versa.. maybe that'll help if you have room down there?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information