User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm thinking of getting Fibe TV as I don't like Satellite and don't like the current Rogers cable packages. Anyone here used it? Any suggestions - kind of sucks that you have to add Fibe Internet to get it
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Rogers (Plus)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I have FibreOp internet (the branded name here in Atlantic Canada, by Bell Aliant) and I can attest to it's speed and quality. I've seen the TV service on display, and quite honestly I was not as impressed as I thought I would be over my Bell ExpressVu.

It wasn't worse, but it also wasnt worth me switching.

It might have been a poor display setup, but you'd think if one were at a Bell store, it would be done properly.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks. Yeah I don't think it's really worth it to switch to Fibe TV since its not that much better than the existing Bell TV and they force you to go with Fibe Internet also when I want a completely unlimited plan.

I wonder whether Fibe TV means that you get all channels that are available in HD automatically therefore making it cheaper than Satellite.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Terrible!!!!!

I've signed their 2 years contract 2 years ago , then have to cancel it last year.

After paying all the fees, three months later, I received a bill of more than $500 from BELL . So in the next several days, I had to spend more than 10 hours talking to their costomer service at the cost of more than $60 mobile fee. Finally , they promise to modify the wrong bill.

However, all things happend in the next several months is beyond imagination.

Including: 1. each month a bill from BELL with different amount! After negotiation with their CS, I was told to let it go .It's their system error .

2. 6 empty large BOXES sent by canada post and purolator from BELL!!!! (Firstly ,they send me 3 boxes by canada post ,asking me mail back receiver which I've purchased. I've to spend several hours to take back these boxed from 2 different postal station. Of course, I refused to give my receiver to them , after negotiation, Bell recogonized their fault and ask me to mail back these empty boxes!!!! )

I spent another 1 hour to mail them back!!!! But only after 2 months, BELL sent them back by PUROLATOR!!!

I WAS RATHER ANGRY! This time, bell dared not to ask me send these stupid boxes back.

However, several months later, I received a tough letter from a collection company!!!

It says that I owe $500 to them!!!!

Instantly , I dialed their CS nervously.They promise to fix it for me right away.

But the result of their promise is a more tough letter from the collection company in the next month threathening to degrade my credit !

Fortunately enough , I've resolved all things in time to protect my credit history .

It seems like endless torture from BELL in the past several months.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Stay away from Bell. I got rid of everything I had with them. They are like the mafia.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

i think Bell is a good company, i just don't always like their service. That's why I'm still with Shaw.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

ChrisC, been there with their receiver fiasco too.
    Hate Bell! With a passion.
    Will never sign up for their TV ever again - no matter what form. Fibre Shmiber.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Stay away from Bell. I got rid of everything I had with them. They are like the mafia.
    Amen, Sista!!!

Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I used to have ExpressVu, until Bell decided that I had to switch to Fibe (more money for less service). One of my neighbours had a $35/month increase for less channels!

Unfortunately, I have only 2 options - & I would never ever ever have Rogers again (I was regularly triple billed!).

I also have Bell internet service & am not thrilled, but have little options (I'm in downtown Toronto & limited to Bell or Rogers, blech).

If you do decide to go with Fibe, negotiate a good deal & don't sign a long term contract.

Good luck!

For a smile, see our vids: http://www.youtube.com/lilyquincy

Thread Information