User Tag List

Page 173 of 966 FirstFirst ... 73 123 163 171 172 173 174 175 183 223 273 673 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

sidie,

I believe it's after coupons although it shouldn't matter as Safeway gets their money regardless.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

P.1 is updated.

I have reset the value of an AirMile to $0.13 based on the recent revaluations of some gift cards on the AirMiles Website.

On this week's analysis I've pointed out a couple of items that were specials last week as well as this week:

GMS <acronym title="Google Page Ranking">PR</acronym> Burgers B2G30 9.99/8.04 (Last week burgers were B2G20 8.99/7.59)

Even if I'd used $0.14 last week's effective price would be 7.89. Mind you last week was various burgers while this week's is the Prime Rib burger. Still it shows you that while the AMs increased from 10/item to 15/item the price was boosted at the same time.

Remember:
    Just because it has a lot of Airmiles does not necessarily make it a good offer. Do not become addicted to AirMiles. Use them wisely. Understand what they can do for you. As one person pointed out last week, it seems the taxes you pay on flights bought with Airmiles are higher than when you purchase directly (I haven't confirmed that yet though).

Ragu sauces are a fair deal this week.

If you have Airwick Spray coupons this week it's a food banker.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Bob, I can sort of confirm the taxes on flights for you. Last year in July my hubby and I booked a flight to San Franscisco using AM's. We searched for a cheap flight and then called AM's to book it. Well the flight was covered with our Air Miles but the taxes were more than what was quoted when we figured it out based on the sale price of the flight. The AM's lady said that we (the account holder) have to pay the taxes on full price of the flight. That we didn't need to find a seat sale because there is a standard amount of AM's needed for a flight to San Franscisco. Regardless of seat sales. That they pay full price when they buy them from the airline. And so we must pay the taxes on a regular fare. We were so disappointed as we had been searching the internet for weeks waiting to find a great deal on flight only to have it not matter. So for us that was a learning experience. Next time we will be better able to use our AM's more wisely. Perhaps buying Best Western GC's might have been cheaper for us than paying the taxes on a regular fare. Hope this helps.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

coley,

Thanks.

I can understand they don't purchase sale seats so it makes sense.

It reinforces for me too, as you point out, you're probably far better off buying BW gift cards and using that for rooms rather than booking rooms through AirMiles site. Airmiles probably pays full rates for rooms. On line or over the phone you can pick discounted rates and use CAA, etc. Only problem with the phone now is some hotels are reluctant to deal with gift cards as they've been subject to fraud. They want to charge directly to a credit card.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    coley,

Thanks.

I can understand they don't purchase sale seats so it makes sense.

It reinforces for me too, as you point out, you're probably far better off buying BW gift cards and using that for rooms rather than booking rooms through AirMiles site. Airmiles probably pays full rates for rooms. On line or over the phone you can pick discounted rates and use CAA, etc. Only problem with the phone now is some hotels are reluctant to deal with gift cards as they've been subject to fraud. They want to charge directly to a credit card.
    I have used a Best Western gift card just reserve the room with a credit card then when you check out change method of payment to gift card.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Poirot,

You bet but if you try and haggle in person or on the phone it can be a hassle.

Worst of all, buying through a site like Kayak or Hotels.com. It's charged upfront to your credit card and they won't accept the gift card.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Just found I have 3 B2G$2 coupons on the BOGO Lysol. Should work out to a foodbanker for me.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    58 (100%)

will bogo count as 6 or 3?for the lysol buy 6 get 50 AM's
    Last edited by ilovecoupons; Sun, May 15th, 2011 at 02:32 AM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

One B0G0 counts as 2.

So on a B6G50 get 6 items but only pay for 3 and get 50 AMs.

Depends on the cashier but with my B2G$2 coupons I should get $6 off even though I only pay for 3 items.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Surprised today to find the $450 worth of Best Western cards was mailed registered post.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

P.1 Updated

Lots to choose from.

A few breads look good, the pies do not.

Royale products look good if you have the coupons.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Newbie safeway couponer question here: can I use a coupon to reduce the price of the Buy 1 Get 1 free specials in the flyer this week? For example, I have the $3.00 off Purex that I would like to use. thanks for your help

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

yah you can use your purex coupon. just present your coupons as you normally would when you shop at safeway than at the end when you present your safeway card they do their store discounts.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The best Air Miles I found, yesterday were the colgart 4 for 50 if you have Colgate total coupons I had 4x1.50 off so I paid 4 dollars for 50 Air Miles or 8 cents an Air Miles that is roughly worth 12-14 cents. Another good deal was safeway brand paper towel. Two for $6 and 40 Air Miles, costing 15 cents per Air Mile. They were out of the breads so I plan on going back today. Also they had Air Miles for cheese which if you can find some of there marked down selection its a nice plus on an everyday purchase.

Thread Information