User Tag List

Page 629 of 966 FirstFirst ... 129 529 579 619 627 628 629 630 631 639 679 729 ... LastLast
Results 9,421 to 9,435 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1cheapb*tch View Post
    Healthy choice are pretty good as well if you have the $2 coupon.
    Too bad I'm still stocked up from a sale or two or three ago...

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

As follow up to discussion last week about Canada's grocery price wars...

http://business.financialpost.com/20...medium=twitter
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    As follow up to discussion last week about Canada's grocery price wars...

http://business.financialpost.com/20...medium=twitter
    Time to stock up and stock up and stock up LOL.
    operabob and ROMEO like this.
    Swagbucks, Earn 30 - $50 a month in surveys plus cash backs on your spending. You have to work at it, but it is WORTH it and it can help you buy some Christmas presents for free with Amazon gift cards or paypal payments. Referral link http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cheekysaver

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Terms and Conditions: One coupon per eMail Direct subscriber. Coupon has no cash value, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon offer. No time extensions of expired offers. Coupons valid at all Safeway stores. Club Prices valid with Safeway Club Card only. Some exclusions apply. See in store for a complete list of exclusion.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Won't be going to get anything today--only got 8 inches of snow overnight...SNOW DAY!!
    operabob, ROMEO and Jouelle89 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    199 (100%)

I used to love airmiles and did very well. Seems like Safeway is going to slide off the scene to. For me other stores have offered more bang for the buck. So you change to the competition. Then they got bought out by someone else to. You can't be loyal to one store/brand anymore. You have to keep eyes on "all sides of your head" just to keep up with the best value for your hard earned dollar.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lavender Lady View Post
    I used to love airmiles and did very well. Seems like Safeway is going to slide off the scene to. For me other stores have offered more bang for the buck. So you change to the competition. Then they got bought out by someone else to. You can't be loyal to one store/brand anymore. You have to keep eyes on "all sides of your head" just to keep up with the best value for your hard earned dollar.
    I'm on the same page with you.
    In the past I spent enough at Safeway to accumulate enough AM for at least 1 Disneyland trip (flights/car rental/park tickets) every year and Asia trip every 2 year for the whole family. To me, Safeway has become the convenience store similar to the ones at gas stations ... I shop there for 1 or 2 items a week, just for convenience.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I'm on the same page with you.
    In the past I spent enough at Safeway to accumulate enough AM for at least 1 Disneyland trip (flights/car rental/park tickets) every year and Asia trip every 2 year for the whole family. To me, Safeway has become the convenience store similar to the ones at gas stations ... I shop there for 1 or 2 items a week, just for convenience.
    I've certainly cut back at Safeway too. The revaluation by Airmiles from $0.14/AM to $0.105 combined with the 20% (approx.) reduction in the Safeway Airmiles offers has devalued everything by at least 40% eliminating any advantage the program gave to Safeway's high prices. The powers that be seem to think people are addicted to Airmiles and won't notice what they've done. Duh!!!!!!

en,

Had to laugh at your Disneyland comment (good value in the past). There has been so much bad feelings on the Airmiles FB page these days that it appears Airmiles Canada has really boosted the number of "shill" comments including a recent one thanking Airmiles for their wonderful trip to Disneyland.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by operabob View Post
    Had to laugh at your Disneyland comment (good value in the past). There has been so much bad feelings on the Airmiles FB page these days that it appears Airmiles Canada has really boosted the number of "shill" comments including a recent one thanking Airmiles for their wonderful trip to Disneyland.
    LOL ... about the shill comment. I've not visited their FB page for a while as they selectively filtered the comments there.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

LOL ... about the shill comment. I've not visited their FB page for a while as they selectively filtered the comments there.
    It's been brutal. EMAX and I (and a couple others) really took them to task and a lot of other people have joined in. They just ignore the comments.

I might get banned now though.

Someone asked, now that Safeway is leaving Vancouver Island would any other supermarket be offering Airmiles here.

The answer was to just continue shopping at the nearest Safeway.

Couldn't contain myself pointing out that was their st#p!d@$t answer yet as it would be $200 to take the ferry to do that. Duh!!!!!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    44 (100%)

It's been brutal. EMAX and I (and a couple others) really took them to task and a lot of other people have joined in. They just ignore the comments.

I might get banned now though.

Someone asked, now that Safeway is leaving Vancouver Island would any other supermarket be offering Airmiles here.

The answer was to just continue shopping at the nearest Safeway.

Couldn't contain myself pointing out that was their st#p!d@$t answer yet as it would be $200 to take the ferry to do that. Duh!!!!!
    Maybe they will add BC Ferries booking to their travel services. Of course, then it would probably be $300 to take the late night ferry, to shop at the nearest Safeway, because, you know, customers have requested a booking fee, loyalty markup and reduced options....

Seems to me this might be a win-win for them!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Uggh!!! Ravioli and pudding are the only things worth getting, but we still have a bunch from the last sale. I'm finding that the AM deals are cyclical. The same companies sponsoring the same products every 3 months or so...I just have to buy enough to get through to the next promo and I'm good.

Need to collect about 7300 AM for our Xmas trip to Cabo in 2015. Those tickets come up in January 2015, so I have to average 730AM per month to get there. It's gonna be tough!!! I remember back in Edmonton when there was the Extreme AM for B$250 G500 and I would earn 800 AM on about $255. I would load up the car and then go back in and do it again! 1600 AM for about $500 in groceries! Now I average about 1 AM per $.75 spent at Safeway and generally just shop the AM specials.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Now that is funny--comment seems to have been excised from the FB page, but others' comments in a similar (yet less humorous) vein are still there.

Nobody seems to be happy on the AM FB page--pity the people who have to deal with all the irate customers/complaints.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Note: Free coffee starts at McD's on the 24th!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Originally Posted by operabob

Now that is funny--comment seems to have been excised from the FB page, but others' comments in a similar (yet less humorous) vein are still there.
    Well they hid the thread but I still have the link from original responses after my comment so might just repost it all! Will give them something to do.

VEGAS PILGRIM, cheekysaver and L-M like this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Thread Information