User Tag List

Page 806 of 966 FirstFirst ... 306 706 756 796 804 805 806 807 808 816 856 906 ... LastLast
Results 12,076 to 12,090 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Dr O mushroom is awesome!!
    operabob and Davetherave like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy69 View Post
    Yes , I finally managed to use some of my ~14k air miles. Reward flights were really hard to find, even with Onyx and BMO Elite am cc status.

Wasn't the best flight times and one had a stopover but we can manage. Flying over Thanksgiving weekend as well so available reward flights were limited unless you want to use 2x am. Not sure if booking later would be better/easier. Good news is I got about 28 cents/air mile of value after 25% off due to BMO Elite am cc so 3 x 975 am (low season) = 2,925 am plus 3 x $121 (tax/fee). Then they email you right away with offer of getting insurance quote (without buying) and getting 50 am. 2 bookings so got back 2 x 50 am = 100 am. IMO if using for reward flights, am is only good for short haul flights.

Also noticed redeeming for 1 way flights costs ~18.5% more in am.
    Ya they are definitely reducing the value of miles. with the limitation of the 25% discount, the increased base fares, the lack of base fare flights forcing collectors to pay even more. I got a value of 16.6 cents a mile on my last booking

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by engo View Post
    Bob - I've been using credit cards sign up bonus to subsidize family travel costs. AMEX is the easiest one to apply and AMEX points can be transferred to Aeroplan easily. I also apply (repeatedly) other cards from TD, CIBC, MBNA, National ... etc for their sign up bonus. This becomes a hobby of mine and occasionally asking my wife to take advantage of special promotion.

I use AM mainly for car rental and hotel booking only since AM flight selection is limited/expensive these days.
    Doesn't this mess up your credit? Opening amd closing cards.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Only if you need to borrow. The only thing I ever borrowed for was a mortgage and it was paid off many moons ago.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Not big impact with proper planning and discipline on spending. I applied every 3 months, several credit cards at a time. Credit score has not been impacted significantly (up and down within a few points every few months). And I don't borrow and no mortgage needed.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

One thing I've read is to not cancel credit cards.

Your credit score is partly based on the average amount on all your card. Having a few cards that you don't use (and possibly cut up so no one else can use them) lowers your average.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by shopperwho View Post
    Doesn't this mess up your credit? Opening amd closing cards.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
    If you have an equifax credit score of 670 and above, you are fine. If you are not sure of your score, sign up for a free 30 day free trial. In most cases, opening and closing cards does not affect your credit score significantly.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The Thrifty's flyer was a disaster this week showing only a couple of AM offers. In store this morning noticed a B$15G40 Mix and Match on Robin Hood/Bicks/Smuckers and one other. The 2.5 KG flour and the one other ???? (can't recall) were seriously marked down from their regular price but don't know how they compare to other stores.

Regardless 40AMs = $4.20 which is about a 30% savings on $15.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

If you're in the Vancouver area, and you're Onyx.. Air Miles has a great Whitecaps package on 16 July, 2016:
    Vancouver Whitecaps - Pitchside View, Suite Experience for One - Saturday, 16 July, 2016 (ONYX Exclusive)

Cost.. 1 Air Mile! Limit 2 per member.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Produc...Id=prod2424423

Ron.
    operabob, agarla and Speedy69 like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just bought. I still need to read the details. This includes a ticket to the game for 1 air mile??? I can't believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    If you're in the Vancouver area, and you're Onyx.. Air Miles has a great Whitecaps package on 16 July, 2016:
    Vancouver Whitecaps - Pitchside View, Suite Experience for One - Saturday, 16 July, 2016 (ONYX Exclusive)

Cost.. 1 Air Mile! Limit 2 per member.

https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Produc...Id=prod2424423

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just bought. I still need to read the details. This includes a ticket to the game for 1 air mile??? I can't believe that.
    I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 more tickets. Any Onyx member not living in Vancouver area can buy one/two for me? Can pay a reasonable amount via interac e transfer. TIA
    operabob likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Includes a ticket.. great seating, snacks, a Whitecaps scarf, etc.

I'm going!

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Ron!!! I will see you there. Did you buy 2? I just called air miles to double check what the deal is and indeed it does come with a ticket to the game.

Apparently whitecaps will email e ticket about 1 week before the game so around July 9.

Would really appreciate getting 1 or 2 more tickets so I can take my other daughters.

Just by pure fluke I checked this thread when I did. I assume 40 tickets will be gone in no time. I didn't get an email about this. How did you find out?

My 8 yr old is a huge soccer fan too!
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Includes a ticket.. great seating, snacks, a Whitecaps scarf, etc.

I'm going!

Ron.
    Last edited by Speedy69; Mon, Apr 18th, 2016 at 03:03 PM.
    operabob likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Thanks Ron!!! I will see you there. Did you buy 2? I just called air miles to double check what the deal is and indeed it does come with a ticket to the game.

Apparently whitecaps will email e ticket about 1 week before the game so around July 9.

Would really appreciate getting 1 or 2 more tickets so I can take my other daughters.

Just by pure fluke I checked this thread when I did. I assume 40 tickets will be gone in no time. I didn't get an email about this. How did you find out?

My 8 yr old is a huge soccer fan too!
    It's listed on the ONYX page when you click the little black logo to check your status. I got 2 tickets.. taking a friend. They had this last year as well.

Ron.
    operabob likes this.

Thread Information