User Tag List

Page 200 of 966 FirstFirst ... 100 150 190 198 199 200 201 202 210 250 300 700 ... LastLast
Results 2,986 to 3,000 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have a code if anyone wants it...just pm me...

i think i have enough airmiles to buy a staple....

Myguppy
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dealbreakers View Post
    Hey, I saw you guys! LOL I think I was in the convo too.

I'm still pretty angry that even after spending an hour on Friday to "prep" to get the access codes, etc, 3+ hours waiting on Saturday for the 9am mdt and 3pm mdt, and 2 hours on the Monday waiting... I am still very upset on how everything went down on how Safewya handled the sitation. I don't think it was fair at all that the CS guy told me that it was like Ticketmaster, because Ticketmaster's site DOES NOT GO DOWN when new tickets are released. And the fact that in the end they opened the group buy turned contest into a free-for-all was a bit mind-numbing. I was on three computers trying to get in, even after getting all these weird "next steps" to find in the end, I'm left with nothing but wasted time. I understand that it wasn't Safeway's fault (only to an extent because they are the ones who advertised the ipod in the paper so they should have anticipated the amount of people and STRESSED it to their hosting service), but I don't think they handled it properlly at all. I'm glad I never shop there. And to me, it's not worth it to spend extra money to collect these airmiles from such an overpriced store. Yes, I'm bitter... and I've gotten over it more in this little rant so please don't bash me, I'm still bitter and my parents house just flooded the other day just to add to all of it
    Lol! It was an SCer gathering

Ugh, it was just brutal. So frustrating!! My daughter was the only one happy about it because she was allowed to watch tv the whole time I was on the computer trying to get it to work
    I'm still on anxious nerves because they *still* haven't downloaded the "winners" information so they can't verify I got one- even though I have an order number in my e-auction account and the confirmation e-mail I don't feel confident. I never got the "group deal didn't happen" e-mail which adds to my concern.

Safeway is ridiculously expensive, I totally agree. The airmiles I have [currently only around 1450] are the accumulation from the past 10 years. yep. 10. I spent around 300 on a toy for my daughter two years ago, but that was about it. I've only shopped the amazing airmiles bonus deals that had good prices that I had coupons for or really needed... and haven't done that in over a year! Some people are really good at gathering them, and it helps if you buy a lot of processed stuff regularly [we don't] because some of their sales [BOGO esp.] can be good. But, for us, Superstore is closer, cheaper, and easier!

I hope your parents' house isn't too badly damaged and that it's fixed up soon!

{hugs}
    I'd love for you to take a look at my shop! Handmade fine jewellery: high quality, reasonable prices, locally made [by me!]

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

I had the same reception with getting a code - especially since my oop after purchasing 2 items was $0. The cashier was unsure what to do and didn't give me a card with a code - don't think she wanted to give me my items free either
    RRLF Disney Movie Reward codes found inside Disney dvd/bluray cases
    View my tradelist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/4073305-post7.html
    Wishlist here: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/248827-...a/#post4396113

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thanks for the offer though! I don't think I'll be doing any bidding - I value my Air Miles more than that... but it`s good to be prepared for the group buys. My guess would be they'll advertise one awesome deal with each flyer.

Yeah, I'm getting $0.133/AM on BW GCs + kick back AMs (20/stay) + free nights + bonus points at BWRewards now so I can't see bidding on anything under $0.133/AM minimum.

Even looking at AirMiles Rewards iPOD 32, which I could use for business BTW, comparing elsewhere it works out to around $0.10/AM after tax. Except for the daily special offer (750 AMs???), I'd be better off paying cash, deducting the business expense and using the AirMiles saved elsewhere.

We'll see though in the last week if the bidders ease up but I'll only do last minute bids if I do anything.

I might bid on itchy's "staples" though!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

What are the codes used for?

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

What are the codes used for?
    Safeway is having a 28 day auction of items using AirMiles. Every time you bid you need a code from a little card the cashier gives you when you buy something. There are about 30-50 items up for bids on a 4 day cycle. The first cycle just finished. There is also a daily "Group Buy" that starts every morning at 9:00am Mountain Time (8:00 AM in BC).

So far the group buys have had excellent value. Fpr example they've twice offered 32 GB iPODs for 750AMs ???? (approx. value $85 incl. tax). However, there is a limited number available and the demand was so great on this item the system crashed both days. The other items were less popular (Today's was a Hoover vacuum ret. value $200 could be had for 600 AMs = $70).

At this point the 30-50 item auction is a waste of time. People are bidding far too much. Someone bought the $500 with enough AirMiles that could have bought them $1,300 worth of gas. They lost over $800 in value. There is also an iPOD 32 GB in the 4 day auction. Someone bid around 10,000 AMs for it. They could have gone to the AirMiles website and got a 32 GB for around 4,000 AirMiles. They wasted hundreds of dollars worth of AirMiles.

Anyway, you need cards from the cashiers to make bids or buy into the group buy. I believe every time you bid requires a new code.

Here's the site:

http://www.safewayeauction.ca/

Oh, and I just got back from Safeway. My favourite cashier gave me 7 code cards. It always pays to be nice, friendly and chat up Safeway's cashiers, especially the older ones. I always call them by name too.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The iPOD 32 GB at AirMiles is 3150 AMs.

Here's the current bid on the iPOD 32 GB at Safeway's Auction with almost 2 days of bidding still to go:

32G iPod touch®
    Current Bid:

Next Bid: 5,480
    Number of Bids: 143

01 Days 22:09:52

They've already bid 2,370 more AirMiles at Safeway than it costs to get it at Airmiles.ca in the first place. Dumb!!!!!!!!!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

You read it here first!

Tomorrow's Group Buy

Yamaha Home Theatre Package
    Manufacturer's suggested retail price: $690.00

Description

AV Receiver (RX-V471):

• 5-channel powerful surround sound (105W per channel)
    • Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
    • Multi-language on-screen display GUI including album art
    • 1080p-compatible HDMI (4 in/1 out)
    • HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
    • HDMI CEC with versatile control from AV Receiver remote control
    • HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
    • Virtual Presence Speaker function for 3-dimensional sound images
    • Auto power down function with variable time setting

Speaker System (NS-AP2600):

• Type: Acoustic suspension
    • Speaker: Satellite: 2.5” Cone woofer + 1/2” dome tweeter Center: 2.5” Cone woofer x 2 + 1/2” dome tweeter
    • Frequency Range: Satellite: 90 Hz - 50,000 Hz Center: 90 Hz - 50,000 Hz
    • Impedance: 6 ohms
    • Nominal Input: 30W
    • Maximum Input: 100 Watts
    • Sensitivity (dB/2.83v. 1m) Satellite: 85 dB Center: 85 dB
    • Crossover Frequency Satellite: 4000 Hz Center: 4000 Hz
    • Dimension (H x W x D) Satellite: 6-3/8” x 4” x 4” (160 x 100 x 100 mm) Center: 4” x 11-7/8” x 4” (100 x 300 x 100 mm)

Subwoofer (YST-FSW100)

• Slim Design Is Only 157mm (6-3/16”) Deep to Match Plasma Displays and Flat TVs
    • Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology) for Deep, Powerful Bass
    • Powerful 16cm (6.5”) Multi-Range Driver with Magnetic Shielding
    • 130 W Dynamic Power
    • 30-200 Hz Frequency Response
    • Dimensions: 153/4” x 143/4” x 63/16” (400 x 375 x 157 mm)

2,500 AIR MILES® reward miles

270 more people required to activate this Group Buy

This one will be interesting.. 270 people @ 2500 Air Miles.

Ron.
    Last edited by newfbc; Tue, Aug 23rd, 2011 at 11:29 PM.

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

There receiver alone is $429 (+tax) at Future Shop.. so not a bad deal if you're in the market.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...391d1690efen02

Ron.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I can't believe how much the Gift Cards went for. I was watching the Safeway cards until they became outrageous. Not sure there will be anything on here for me
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

The iPOD 32 GB at AirMiles is 3150 AMs.

Here's the current bid on the iPOD 32 GB at Safeway's Auction with almost 2 days of bidding still to go:

32G iPod touch®
    Current Bid:

Next Bid: 5,480
    Number of Bids: 143

01 Days 22:09:52

They've already bid 2,370 more AirMiles at Safeway than it costs to get it at Airmiles.ca in the first place. Dumb!!!!!!!!!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Another idiot bid with almost 2 days to go:

$3000 VIA Rail Gift Card
    Current Bid:

Next Bid: 105,300
    Number of Bids: 46

A $3,000 GC and the bid could have bought over $12,000 in gas!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hmm interesting, I received an e-mail earlier today from Safeway, I have registered for the auction site although have not entered anything additional, even the iPod contest:

You registered for the Safeway e-Auction and your name has been drawn as a winner of Eureka Vacuum in the instant winner portion.

You should receive your prize in the next 6-8 weeks and your Canada Safeway store will
    call you to let you know when it arrives.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Sheesh! All this work I do pumping Safeway and you all get the prizes and the coupons! LOL!
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Lol. Nearly everywhere in town is sold out of the Nivea anyways! With exception to Sidney, I never called there, it's out of the way from where I live.

Thread Information