User Tag List

Page 258 of 966 FirstFirst ... 158 208 248 256 257 258 259 260 268 308 358 758 ... LastLast
Results 3,856 to 3,870 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 1cheapb*tch View Post
    Just wanted to thank you all for the great input on this sight, I did my first big haul today and managed to get 800 points. Most of these were for the Van Houtte coffee, which is on for $7.99- $3 printable, buy 2 earn 50 AM's I bought 20 and may get more later in the week it works out to $1.99 each based on a .12 AM value. Also picked up 10X Windex, 10X McCains and 10X Lasagna for another 300 AM's. Plus got some other stuff (no AM's) My total was $170 and the points are worth about $96. Making the cost of groceries about $75, as I'll cash in for gas cards.
    wow, you did great. I need like 600 AM for what i want and it seems so hard for me
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    I didn't realize it was a daily max. I thought the max applied to the week the sale was on, so only able to max out once! Daily is awesome!! Thanks!!
    Actually it is max per club card, per day, per store, per bonus offer.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    Actually it is max per club card, per day, per store, per bonus offer.
    Awesome! I have my dad's card too!
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponasaurusRex View Post
    had an great shop! 470 AM! However 40 didn't show up on the reciept, so customer service wrote it in some book and said they would enter them manually? Has anyone ever had this happen? Do the airmiles ever show up? Thanks!
    I have had it written in the book several times, it just takes a while to show up. Almost all the time though, the airmiles have arrived.

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kanda View Post
    looking for some opinions on how to spend my miles. I am going to take my family to Hawaii sometime in the next year. Is it worth it to keep saving and try to get the entire trip on airmiles or would 'you' purchase BW gc to pay for the hotel and just pay cash for the airfare? I realize it is a matter of personal preference but what would you do? Buying the BW cards is pretty tempting because it will get us there sooner, but I'd have to pay for the airfares. Decisions, decisions
    I would buy my flights with airmiles only if you have enough to book early. In order to get flights for a family you are going to have to book well in advance, but it is great if you can do it. I guess it also depends on if you are going in high season. Again, you need to book early. The problem with BW's in Hawaii is that they don't have kitchenettes, which is nice if you have little ones and don't want to eat out all the time. The great thing about BW gift cards though, is that you can use them in the restaurants at the Best Western as well as for your room. Hope this helps, I'm planning the same trip for next year and have been thinking about the best way to spend my Airmiles as well.

Hollyhill
    Trading Score
    357 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kanda View Post
    looking for some opinions on how to spend my miles. I am going to take my family to Hawaii sometime in the next year. Is it worth it to keep saving and try to get the entire trip on airmiles or would 'you' purchase BW gc to pay for the hotel and just pay cash for the airfare? I realize it is a matter of personal preference but what would you do? Buying the BW cards is pretty tempting because it will get us there sooner, but I'd have to pay for the airfares. Decisions, decisions
    Well are there nice BW's in Hawaii? Or would you prefer to stay somewhere else?

I'd love to here your opinion on this too. I have a friend saving up for this trip too, and it never occured to me to suggest BW GC's.
    Looking for: Yogurt (FPCs)

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The BW's in Hawaii are definitely nice, with a family though, eating out can be expensive so it is worth it to rent condo style accommodation. There is a Costco on most of the islands. We have used Vacation Rental by Owner, which has a lot of selection. It just depends on what kind of holiday you would like.

It costs about 22,000 AM for a family to go to Hawaii from AB. Which in cash value can be between $4000-$5000 (if you purchased your tickets with cash)

22,000 AM can purchase about $2900 worth of BW cards.

This is all approximate of course.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Thanks for the input. I've actually decided to totally splurge and stay at the Grand Wailea (remember the hotel Jon and Kate renewed their vows at?). It is a Waldorf/Hilton hotel and those gift cards are also available at airmiles. This way I can be saving for my trip and once I have enough gift cards I can look for seat sales.

(BTW, there is a BW in Waikiki.....3 blocks from the beach. Nice looking place but apparently iffy after dark)
    Last edited by kanda; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 12:14 PM.
    Join me on Swagbucks and earn money and giftcards. So easy, so fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Kanda2004

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

With OperaBob still on hiatus (sitting on a beach in Hawaii maybe? ), here's an updated spreadsheet of the Safeway Airmiles offers, for the week Feb 10-16:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nSzZyd2c#gid=0
    Last edited by emax; Fri, Feb 10th, 2012 at 02:50 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Thanks emax! Are there two different email directs? The one I received for this week doesn't have the Kashi cereal on it so not sure which one you are referring to in order to get 115 air miles.
    Check out my Trade/Wish List here:
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/273700-...-lists-canada/

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by emax View Post
    With OperaBob still on hiatus (sitting on a beach in Hawaii maybe? ), here's an updated spreadsheet of the Safeway Airmiles offers, for the week Feb 10-16:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...nSzZyd2c#gid=0
    Normally my AM are posted to my AM acct on the Friday for all AM earned at Safeway up to the prev. Sat. But I didn't get any AM today for all of the AM I earned at Safeway up to last Sat., Feb. 3. Is this the same problem for everyone or just me?

Mtngrl
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've noticed that sometimes it is a little later in the day, and sometimes the next day. I wouldn't panic yet. I know how you feel though, I like seeing all my airmiles in my account when I check on Friday mornings.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mtngrl View Post
    I've noticed that sometimes it is a little later in the day, and sometimes the next day. I wouldn't panic yet. I know how you feel though, I like seeing all my airmiles in my account when I check on Friday mornings.
    Did you get your AM today?

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelsie94 View Post
    Thanks emax! Are there two different email directs? The one I received for this week doesn't have the Kashi cereal on it so not sure which one you are referring to in order to get 115 air miles.
    there's 2? the kashi one is with the other cereals. harder to spot from pictures
    SWAGBUCKS ---- Want to earn FREE Gift Cards for searching the web?
    JOIN Swagbucks FREE Join me in earning Amazon Giftcards

Banned
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by a_1_a View Post
    Did you get your AM today?
    I haven't received mine today either.

Ron.

Thread Information