User Tag List

Page 830 of 966 FirstFirst ... 330 730 780 820 828 829 830 831 832 840 880 930 ... LastLast
Results 12,436 to 12,450 of 14482
Like Tree18432Likes

Thread: Safeway's Sweet AirMiles Deals

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by myintuition View Post
    you did 3 coke and 3 pepsi and still got the airmiles.
    That is awesome.
    I asked and was told no.
    I am going to try it today.
    Thanks
    ya the coke and pepsi products are definately separate... based on the tags it might be each individual flavour seperate too
    operabob, VEGAS PILGRIM and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

another good deal that might be store specific as my store has a few bonus air miles on a weird orange tag are hawkins cheezies 210g if u buy more than 1 its $1.99 each and 10 bonus air miles each

The builder protein bars are also offered on these weird orange tags as well.

not sure if these deals are store specific
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Sat, Sep 3rd, 2016 at 02:54 PM.
    operabob, engo and dededi like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

@ Tommycoupons - how much is the builders protein bar? Thanks.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by engo View Post
    @ Tommycoupons - how much is the builders protein bar? Thanks.
    $1.39 each when u buy 2 or more plus 5 miles each

walmart $1.97 each or box of 6 $9.97 so Safeway is cheaper and u get the airmiles so huge deal
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Sat, Sep 3rd, 2016 at 04:06 PM.
    operabob, engo and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thanks so much. I did this and it says it will be mailed out. Did I do something wrong or do they actually mail the passes?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RonBC View Post
    Onyx/Gold Collectors - Advance screening of Snowden movie on Sep 12.. multiple cities, including Victoria!
    https://www.airmiles.ca/arrow/Produc...584345&300012=

Attachment 318555

Ron.
    operabob and dededi like this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hey all,
    I love this thread! The AM deals are great this week at Safeway and my question is: can you take advantage of the deals more than once? For example the toilet paper is limit 2. I purchased 2 today, could I go back and get 2 more tomorrow and still get the 50 bonus airmiles? Thanks so much for the help!
    operabob, Tommycoupons and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by LauraV View Post
    Hey all,
    I love this thread! The AM deals are great this week at Safeway and my question is: can you take advantage of the deals more than once? For example the toilet paper is limit 2. I purchased 2 today, could I go back and get 2 more tomorrow and still get the 50 bonus airmiles? Thanks so much for the help!
    The tp is limit 4 per transaction. I'm pretty sure u can do multiple transactions in a day, but I went today (I went Yesterday as well) and got all the miles

Spent $95 however $20 was on steak so no airmiles on that,but

Bought 4 Tp only had 2 $1 off left 100 airmiles
    3 coke and 3 pepsi 100 airmiles
    25 builder bars 125 airmiles
    plus base and spend coupon 425 airmiles on $95
    Last edited by Tommycoupons; Sat, Sep 3rd, 2016 at 06:50 PM.
    operabob, LauraV, coley3 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Transferring my gambling analysis over to AM (something more valuable) we have a somewhat unique situation this week. As someone mentioned a while back, no more three day only deals--everything's good for all week. And we also have C.A.D. on Tuesday. Since the two events are mutually exclusive, one must choose when to shop. Believe a sage here has noted that it's close to a push as to whether do the 95AM WUS 95$ deal vs. the 20X base AM, what about if one goes for the 190AM WUS 150$--looks likes that's the better deal. Maybe this attractive AM opportunity will continue -- one can only hope the powers that be paid attention to the lost business over the last three years (of course the powers that be aren't the same ones that decided to waste around $5 BILLION of shareholder money).
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.
    https://db.tt/UXGIw4Ke

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And once we get the AM's we have to be able to use them...

https://www.thestar.com/business/201...ce-effort.html

Attention, Air Miles collectors. Any miles collected before 2012 and not used by Jan. 1, 2017, will expire worthless.
    Air Miles should have been ready for a last-minute rush to trade miles for rewards after announcing a new five-year expiry date in late 2011.
    Think again. Communication was so scanty that many customers learned of the upcoming expiry date only in the media, leading to a flood of calls that crashed the company’s ability to respond.
    “Your frustration is our frustration,” Air Miles told collectors July 27 in an update. “We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you are experiencing. Higher than expected call volumes are causing the delay in answering your calls.”
    After promising to hire more call centre staff, the company made another embarrassing admission.

“There have been intermittent website availability issues due to high activity. Providing website stability is one of our top priorities so you, our collectors, can take advantage of everything our website has to offer,” it said.
    Customers could not even reply to the update, since Air Mile’s email service had been replaced with enhanced live chat. They could send questions or comments to 438 University Ave., Suite 600, Toronto, Ont. M5G 2L1.
    How ironic. LoyaltyOne, known for its expertise in managing data and traded on the New York Stock Exchange, slips up so badly in preparing for an expected event that it has to fall back on “higher than expected call volume” and “high activity,” the hoariest excuses in the customer service lexicon.

Consumer reporters jumped on the story. CBC.ca ran weekly reports, including one about limited reward options.
    Here’s the problem. Air Miles used to offer gift cards to redeem for groceries and gasoline in the same category as travel rewards. But in 2012, it introduced a new category for travel and merchandise called “dream” rewards.
    Collectors who knew of the change could opt for cash rewards in the future. But if no category was specified, all new miles and those earned before 2012 defaulted automatically to the dream category.
    That change means miles expiring by January can’t be used for cash rewards, which often require fewer points, said Sophia Harris, a CBC business reporter in an article headlined, “You’re pretty much hosed.”
    Personal finance blogger Robb Engen wrote a critical open letter to the company, accusing it of stripping out many rewards in the dream category to replace them with overpriced deals – such as an offer to buy $100 worth of groceries for $95 plus 50 reward miles (worth $5.26).
    “Add $95 cash and you’re paying $100.26 for a $100 gift card. Seriously!” he said.
    Many collectors have all their reward miles sitting in their dream balance and may not have enough to book a flight by Dec. 31. They will find little else of value available under the dream rewards category, Engen said.
    Air Miles should allow a one-time transfer of reward miles from dream balance to cash balance before the end of the year, he said. Allowing reward miles to expire risks alienating millions of collectors.
    “We are trying to give collectors many options to use the miles in their account before they may expire, no matter how large or small their dream miles balance may be,” said Natasha Lasiuk, an Air Miles spokeswoman.
    “Even collectors with 25 to 50 miles can enter one of our deams sweepstakes for the chance to win great prizes. We have also made more rewards inventory available this year than ever before for collectors and we are already seeing an increase of collector activity to use miles this year.”
    Lasiuk, a long-time contact, has helped several Toronto Star readers redeem their unused Air Miles reward points.
    “Everything is moving ahead,” said Bill Robinson, who contacted me after spending 15 hours in one week waiting to speak to Air Miles. “We have heard from four different individuals looking after our interests. All is good.”
    She also helped a member get back 1,000 of the 9,000 miles lost to inactivity because of caregiving duties. You are required to collect or redeem points within a two-year period as a condition of the program.
    My advice: If you feel shut out, send me your questions and I’ll stick with them until you get an answer.
    Meanwhile, check out blogger Robb Engen’s call to action at BoomerandEcho.com (“An open letter to Air Miles,” July 10).
    If you like the idea of a one-time transfer from dream balance to cash balance by Dec. 31, write to me and the company to express your support.
    operabob likes this.
    I use DropBox to store my Las Vegas pictures, books, etc., online. It works on every device/computer that I use, and gives you 2.0GB of storage for FREE. Use the link below, sign up, and you and I will both get an EXTRA 500MB of storage, for FREE.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Mini report for C.A.D. --hit two stores this morning--spent $180-ish, got around 800 AM's...

Changes--the shopping carts aren't being held for ransom anymore--they took off the gizmos to put a loonie in to take the cart--gee the parking lot is already full of loose carts.

Also--they're copying another grocery store--GREETERS at each entrance, ready to hand you a flier.

Another interesting angle--grabbed a couple of packs of those fancy burgers reduced by 50%--still got the AM bonus (6 per whatever)...

Will head back, reload on beverages, vitamins, etc. later in the week, whilst the AM-getting is good.

The quest for ONYX begins--4 more miles needed to get gold--5,000 more to go for the next level.
    Last edited by VEGAS PILGRIM; Tue, Sep 6th, 2016 at 12:10 PM.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Will be lucky to get 1,000 this year. Last time i didnt make it though they gave an extra year to keep me interested. Hope that happens again or I'll have to get RON BC to get me next year's Whitecaps ticket. 😀
    VEGAS PILGRIM likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by VEGAS PILGRIM View Post
    Mini report for C.A.D. --hit two stores this morning--spent $180-ish, got around 800 AM's...

Changes--the shopping carts aren't being held for ransom anymore--they took off the gizmos to put a loonie in to take the cart--gee the parking lot is already full of loose carts.

Also--they're copying another grocery store--GREETERS at each entrance, ready to hand you a flier.

Another interesting angle--grabbed a couple of packs of those fancy burgers reduced by 50%--still got the AM bonus (6 per whatever)...

Will head back, reload on beverages, vitamins, etc. later in the week, whilst the AM-getting is good.

The quest for ONYX begins--4 more miles needed to get gold--5,000 more to go for the next level.
    Not many bonus offers on products for next week, but the spend coupons are still all week long
    operabob and VEGAS PILGRIM like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

I have 14 airmiles left

I used the Onyx personal shoppers and am getting a new double insulated installed garage door.
    Works out to 11800 airmiles. Not a wonderful deal (slightly better than airmile cash) but it was kinda neat to learn I could buy stuff other than what was in the airmile catalog.

Every year I start at zero aimiles. Usually it is because of flights and the E-Auction.
    But this year was something new

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I have 14 airmiles left

I used the Onyx personal shoppers and am getting a new double insulated installed garage door.
    Works out to 11800 airmiles. Not a wonderful deal (slightly better than airmile cash) but it was kinda neat to learn I could buy stuff other than what was in the airmile catalog.

Every year I start at zero aimiles. Usually it is because of flights and the E-Auction.
    Wonder if I could buy Best Western GCs? LOL!
    VEGAS PILGRIM likes this.
    OB

Who Says Men Can't Shop!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by myintuition View Post
    I have 14 airmiles left

That is probably the weirdest redemption I've ever heard of....
    operabob, Dans and Davetherave like this.

Thread Information