User Tag List

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: So. I did it - I put my wallet where my mouth is and I joined Weight Watchers!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I just had my weigh-in, down 1.6!

Wow Kelly, you must have been rockin' to burn 600+ calories! Congrats!

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I just had my weigh-in, down 1.6!

Wow Kelly, you must have been rockin' to burn 600+ calories! Congrats!
    Congrats on your loss!

OMG I thought the game was messing with me! It was a very very long claass! I thought a few times I was going to quit before the end but I wanted to know how much i burned. It was almost a hour of hard zumba lol. If anyone has a Wii I would suggest it. You will sweat your buns off. I also recommend putting in your own cd, the music is bad IMO lol

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

hmmm I might try the wii zumba
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    152 (100%)

it's is great fun, my daughter likes watching me do it (she is only 4)

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kellyschool1 View Post
    Can anyone let me know what the 2011 WW points is?
    The difference is, essentially, that WW lowered the absolute daily pts minimum to 26 instead of 29. I guess some maintainers felt they needed that lowered. WW also gave some flexibility - for ex: if your daily pts target is 30, you can go 3 pts lower if you feel you don't need those 3 extra or you can add 3 pts to it if you feel you need it. This is in addition to still having your 49 weekly pts allowance. Just about everything else in the progam stayed the same, just minor tweaks.

I tried lowering my daily pts by 3 pts during December. I stalled pretty much. That flexibiltity isn't working for me. Again, it's my decision. You have to do what works for you. So I'm going back to sticking to the daily number I was given plus my 49 weekly allowance (whether or not I use them) - that system has worked for me so far.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    The difference is, essentially, that WW lowered the absolute daily pts minimum to 26 instead of 29. I guess some maintainers felt they needed that lowered. WW also gave some flexibility - for ex: if your daily pts target is 30, you can go 3 pts lower if you feel you don't need those 3 extra or you can add 3 pts to it if you feel you need it. This is in addition to still having your 49 weekly pts allowance. Just about everything else in the progam stayed the same, just minor tweaks.

I tried lowering my daily pts by 3 pts during December. I stalled pretty much. That flexibiltity isn't working for me. Again, it's my decision. You have to do what works for you. So I'm going back to sticking to the daily number I was given plus my 49 weekly allowance (whether or not I use them) - that system has worked for me so far.
    ahhhhh!!!! I was kind of worried that it was a really big drastic change! I was thinking if its not working for some it wont for me! They gave me 34 points a week. My mother is 10 pounds heavier than me and she got 31? But I guess its about age as well.

My kids also do Zumba. Just a song or 2. I think its great. You can do it in the privacy of your own home, not pay a gym, in pj's and look crazy and no one see's LOL

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Yeah, as you age, you lose points because your metabolism is slower

I also do not use my full 49 weekly or I dont lose weight, or lose very little - I can use about 20 before I notice a big difference in losses

the other difference between 2011 and 2012 is you can switch between tracking and 'simply filling' techniques
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I tried a zumba beginner vid on Youtube and I think I threw something out. LOL Maybe when I get more weight gone I'll try again!

Simply filling is great when you've got an extremely busy day ahead of you. I don't recommend using it every day, you will get so off track with tracking.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I tried a zumba beginner vid on Youtube and I think I threw something out. LOL Maybe when I get more weight gone I'll try again!

Simply filling is great when you've got an extremely busy day ahead of you. I don't recommend using it every day, you will get so off track with tracking.
    Awww!!! AmberLab! The bottom of my big toes are hurting since I did it in bare feet!!! I am terrified of slipping and I have hard wood lol. WEaring shoes today! Just keep at it! Or if you have the Just dance games, those are great exercise as well!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

What does simply filling mean? I seen that written in some of the material but cant find the meaning?

Also did you guys notice in those little paper trackers there is a coupon for smart ones! 2.00 wub4 and i am pretty sure Metro has them on sale right now for 1.99. I am thinking of getting a few for emergency purposes only!

I am kind of worried though. I have actually stuck to tracking very well! But I dont find I am eating all my points! I dont want to stall ect. I am not hungry all day when i am eating my breakfast and lunch and dinner, but aroud 7:00-8 pm at night I am sometimes hungry!!! Im not sure if thats my body wanting a snack? maybe i just have to break old habits... but then If I am missing a few points i dont want to eat anything to heavy so then i turn to fruit or vegtables for a snack. But then they are no points! Can anyone give me maybe a pointer or two? Im a newb lol.

I am also going to post my newest zumba results. TBH I havent excersied in years and not knowing much about it I would think that it is impossible to burn such calories doing a Wii game, so I thought I would take a pic of the screen with my cell! I didnt do as well as the last time since im tired. (Darn mother nature better not mess up my weigh in on Tuesday!!!!) I hope it gives who ever inspiration to do some Zumba!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by kellyschool1; Sat, Jan 14th, 2012 at 11:50 AM.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I am irritated right now. I asked my leader on Tuesday with the calculator if it goes by the percentage or the grams when you calaculate. She told me the percentage. Why and how can she mess that up! I have been calculating the points by percentage since tuesday!!!!! Ugh!!!!!!!!!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

percentage of what?

As far as points, if you find you are not eating them all, I usually add some cheese into a meal, 1oz is 3pts and a 'good' food rather than a 3pt cookie

Simply filling is using the foods with the green triangle, they are rated for being healthy and filling so you eat those and little/no processed food, eat until satisfied and don't track. Personally, its not for me, put potato in front of me and I will happily eat until I feel sick LMAO
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I don't go to meetings, so no paper tracker to have coupons on, but I have tried a few of the Smart Ones for quick lunches, some are good, some are awful. The pizza one did help with my pizza craving. I am not a huge fan of the ones in the bags.

The ones I tried and liked:
    Fajita Pizza
    Orange Sesame Chicken
    Chicken Parm
    Ravioli Florentine (but I don't find them filling enough and eat them with something)
    Broccoli & Cheddar Potatoes (yum but simple to make yourself)

Ones I found awful
    Teriyaki Chicken
    Sweet & Sour Chicken
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I wonder how accurate the calories burned is, 50 mins of dance on WW is 6 points, but walking for 50 mins is 5 points, it doesn't seem like there is as much of a difference to them
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I mean by the percentage on the nutrional value on the back of food. She told me when I am calculating my points plus I have to do the percentage and not the grams.

EG.
    Fat 2.5 g 4%
    Carbs 10 3%

I was inputing all the percentages besides the protein since thats always in grams. And that is not right. Have to put in the grams! I am getting mad just writing this at that woman!

Page 22 of 48 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast

Thread Information