User Tag List

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree534Likes

Thread: So. I did it - I put my wallet where my mouth is and I joined Weight Watchers!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

AmberLab, ssbean and alicia like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post

I think I need to try that! Not looking forward to weigh in this week. I went for a full afternoon tea with my mom on Friday and went to Marble Slab Creamery for dinner tonight. Oops! Up about 5 lbs. I had fun but not sure it was worth it. Back on plan tomorrow.

Have a great weekend!
    Last edited by ssbean; Sun, Aug 26th, 2012 at 01:32 AM.
    walkonby likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

^^ oh ssbean! I am so glad I am not the only one really struggling this last while. I am really not indulging all that much, but what I am doing is sort of sabotaging the work I have done to " trick " my metabolism into speeding up. My meals are supposed to be every 3 hrs, that way the body burns calories and gets rid of food faster because it says, hey! more food is coming. It has worked marvelously.

Well with these selected lunch buffet detours that I have had this week what I am doing is eating only the 1 rather large meal, then nothing sometimes till the next morning ( maybe out of guilt, but mostly because I'm stuffed! ) lol
    The weight on the scale is staying the same ( for the most part ) but I know that I need to get back to the routine I was on initially. The salt/sugar addiction struggle would be my biggest hurdle these days.
    Funny thing is when I do have the buffet or something else, I am choosing the healthiest options possible, and take like 1 spoon of a taste of each thing. Problem is I go back as there are so many items to taste!! lol.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Those buffets are terrible

We tried out a local bar we hadn't been to and while we only popped in for a drink, the table next to us got food and it looked so damn good, before I knew it, I was saying I will have whatever that guy is having lol
    AmberLab, walkonby and ssbean like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

3.1lbs this week (despite the slip up at the bar and Cadbury fingers yesterday lol)
    Luisa_101, walkonby and ssbean like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

WTG FP!

see even sometimes the little treats are ok!

haven't weighed myself yet this morning.. but on my own weight loss program(more like a lifestyle change) and so far i'm at about 10lbs. going for 30~!
    AmberLab, walkonby and ssbean like this.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

congrats
    ssbean likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Hello Ladies! Hope all of you are well. I am still plugging away at the weight loss. I had to stop the meeting due to finances. I am doing it on my own. I am doing pretty good. The only bad part is I dont have a scale yet LOL. I have went to my moms over the weekend and it said I had lost 2 pounds. So I should be at 36 pounds lost but I would really like to weigh myself again to just be certain. I am a few pounds under 200 which is great!!!! My weight loss the last month or so has been long and uneventful. I was down 2 then up 1 ect ect.... So with doing it on my own I am not eating the crap food. A lady at my meeting had said that I wont be able to do it on my own and I am totally about sticking it to people that put others down LOL. And i know what to do so I am not at all worried. I am my worst critique! I went on the website for the fresh express bagged salad that is sold at WM. They sent me 2x1.00 off coupons. They garden salad is usually a 1.00 at WM. So free salad is anyone is wanting to order coupons!!!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Oh thanks for the heads up on the salad

As for not being able to do it alone? Errrrm do they not promote their website for people doing it alone?
    To be honest, apart from tracking (and they dont have a cdn app so I track on myfitnesspal and then dump it as one meal on WW for points) I don't use anything on WW except getting a new goal - and there are sites that can work that out within 1pt anyway. I am thinking of dropping it myself
    walkonby, ssbean and kellyschool1 like this.
    ~ ~ ~

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I know tracking is a major part in it and it really does work and you can lose weight faster.... but I have to be honest. I dont track anymore LOL. No I am promoting no tracking lol. I am just going to eat my usual foods try to get in some exercise and keep on top of what I weigh. If you see the numbers climbing then you have to pull yourself bk in! i just couldnt afford 18.07 a week to get weighed and listen to a lecture. Dont get me wrong I loved my leader, i loved the ladies in the group. I didnt like my pocket book after. One of the ladies in the group had mentioned that I wont be able to do it on my own, well I can and I will. My mother still goes so if shes still there around xmas I can go in and show them I have done it ..... but they probably wont like that advertising hahaha!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Back on plan this week. Trying to get in more activity. Hope to be back to goal by next week. I don't want to pay so that is my motivation.

Walkonby - Thanks for the encouragement. I would not do well at a buffet. Want to try everything and get my money's worth.

MrsSunshine and FallenPixels congrats and WTG!

Kellyschool1- You have the tools and you CAN do it on your own.
    walkonby likes this.
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am only popping in to say that I have not lost or gained...like kelly, I too started to " not track " in my journal, and here and there foods kept finding their way into my mouth! ( darn!)
    Well there is always a new day, a new week, a new outlook, a new challenge..so I still am optimistic it will all come off!
    Have a terrific and successful long weekend everyone!
    Patty Smyth and ssbean like this.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Not weighin day but I have gained while being good, AGAIN
    walkonby and ssbean like this.
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Let me know if there is a better place to post this.....well after seeing my Natureopath yesterday I got some possible insight into why I have been craving sweets like mad!

I just figured it was because I had been without sugar ( well mostly ) since April and my body was freaking out.

She asked me if I have reduced my intake of my protein much, and by golly once I reviewed my food journals I absolutely had!! There were many meals in some days, and several days in a row, that I just ate very light...veg, rice, salads, my fruits.
    She said it can cause cravings for sweets, anyone else heard this? I forget the reason why now...must search Google for that I guess.
    ssbean likes this.

Trading Score
    187 (100%)

Congrats to all you losing weight!! I have been considering WW for a while, and maybe its time. I have been paying $60 per month for a gym membership that I have only used once. So I might as well try WW and spend the money there.
    Last edited by Luisa_101; Sun, Sep 2nd, 2012 at 01:38 PM.
    ssbean likes this.

Page 40 of 48 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information