User Tag List

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Hopefully you find some!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by newcouponchick View Post
    Two more days until the next recycle walk...bring on more gas cards please!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    47 (100%)

I like reading this thread, was actually going to search this topic tonight and here it was! Many different opinions about it, very interesting!
    I am trying to work up the courage to do one in my community, I think I will call the city in the morning first just to make sure
    What time is everyone doing their walks....I live in a small community and most ppl put them out in the am and the truck comes rather quickly so there is only an hr window I think...unless I try other neighbourhoods that come on other days?!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

it better not rain Monday night.. im hoping to find something good.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

. Mine is tuesday. But good thing. Not supposed to rain till wed!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! you got the tid door hanger in your end of town right? I was shocked to see it again. Great walk this week!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    it better not rain Monday night.. im hoping to find something good.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It should be all good.. already have lots of redplum..just looking for the gas cards..I live in wortley village and NOBODY checks their stuff here!!!

CrazyCatLady
    Trading Score
    100 (100%)

Wish I could do a walk, but our recycling gets p/u Friday am between 7-8am, and the paper with the coupons gets delivered Friday between 9-10am, so all the flyers end up at the bottom of the bin...too yucky to dig all the way down :-(

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    597 (100%)

I find anytime after 8pm and before 8am is good.

Trading Score
    236 (100%)

thanks for posting this!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I think i am going to do a flyer for my neighbors letting them know i coupon and asking them to reserve any coupons out of the flyers they are not using for me. If i go a block or 2 with flyers i print off i could get some great coupons from neighbors. I know in Medicine Hat there is a anti scavenging bylaw so this could be a way around it... but i would totally do recycling walks if it wasn't illegal. I love this idea... great job.

Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig_Lover View Post
    I just talked to the bylaw enforcement for my city (I live in Kingston ON) who told me that removing anything from a blue/grey recycling box is not theft here. They do not separate the deposit bottles from recyclable glass here. So if some one puts a 40oz clear glass booze bottle in their blue box, it only has the value of the clear glass and is not re-used as a liquor bottle.

The guys that pick up the glass in my neighbourhood break it as they throw it into the recycle truck. I think it is better that we "freecycle" the beer and liquor bottles to be re-used as beer and liquor bottles, rather than to be lumped in with a bunch of broken mayonaise jars. Freecycling at least saves the energy it would take to melt, process and clean the glass.

I have to say that the old guy with the shopping cart who goes around picking up empty bottles in my neighbouthood makes a lot less noise than the recycling truck does in the morning.

So AKE, you are incorrect from both a legal standpoint and an environmental one. Mabe you should contact your city's bylaw enforcement office to find out what happens to the recycle stuff where you live.
    I live in Kingston as well, I was going to call I am glad I read this...Lol I know the guy you are talking about I think, is it the one with the little dog, He is really nice and polite...I gave him a bunch of cans one day

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

I`m becoming deprived! DH got a new job working mornings so I can get up to do them anymore *cries* My area is FULL of icoke pins

Canewbie
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

In my area, it's not against the law. Once it's at the curb anyone can look threw them.
    The news once did a story on the people who do this as a full time job. If I have anything I don't want anyone to see I shred up the paper. I'd like to do a recycle walk. But I haven't the nerve yet. Is their anyone in Barrie who does this?

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Do the people that do this do so with small bin/boxes/bags that are placed at the curb?

We have those huge blue bins on wheels here with lids. They reach my shoulder. I can't imagine doing a search through those XD We're not allowed to use anything else besides the huge bins unless you live in a condo or apartment (where the people use small bins that eventually get dumped in large bins for pickup).

Our pickups are once every two weeks.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I found a clip n' save.

Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Our area uses see through (any color) bags for all recyclables and I just cant see myself fishing through bags but if we used bins I might consider it....

Although I understand people not wanting people seeing their personal information on papers in their bin...I would think couponers doing a recycling bin walk would be the one group of people I would be least concerned about. It's ALL the OTHER weirdos out there that could just as easily have access to this info that I would worry about. Couponers are looking for coupons and are extremely unlikely to be reading bills etc. as they want to cover as much area as possible in the time they have for the walk. JMO. Anything I have with personal info on it i shred and then use to line the bottom of the litter box and cages of our pet rabbits. I figure if anyone wants it after that all the power to them lol
    Last edited by Billie75; Wed, Oct 5th, 2011 at 01:14 AM.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information