User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Bell price match

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Today i recieve flyer from rogers for 50% off 1 year with 2 year contract for internet , right now i am using bell internet so i call bell to cancell service , and they did price match with rogers and even without contract , and cs lady said they always PM current promotions.
    This thread is currently associated with: Bell, Rogers (Plus)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

thats good to know!!
    do they have any phone plans? my renewal is coming up with bell and it sucks cuz its soo much $$ for like one feature!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Make sure you write down the time & the day you called & also the name of the CSR you spoke to , just for your record .

Bell is notorious for lying on the phone about not signing up people for a contract ..whenever they give you a discount they almost always tie you up in a contract even if they tell you they don't on the phone .

I am with 3WEB ( now owned by Distributel ) .. I pay only $ 29 / month for unlimited ( no bandwidth cap ) for high speed internet ..so I don't have to worry about going over the cap or anything since its truly unlimited & I don't get billed extra for going over the cap I probably use about 600 GB / month for streaming , downloading etc .

Teksavvy is not bad either .

I hate both Rogers & Bell internet because they are too expensive & charge you an arm & a leg evertime you go above the cap ( bandwidth limit ) .
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Oct 7th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugallady19 View Post
    thats good to know!!
    do they have any phone plans? my renewal is coming up with bell and it sucks cuz its soo much $$ for like one feature!
    Go with Teksavvy for your residential home phone & internet . They use the Bell lines & are much cheaper . Teksavvy's call features are extremely cheap .. so its like only $ 3 /month for CALL DISPLAY as opposed to $ 10.95/month for Bell . This is the regular home phone I am talking about just like the Bell home phone..not VOIP internet phone or anything .

http://teksavvy.com/en/
    web3 likes this.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

how is the service with 3web?
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    how is the service with 3web?
    yes please tell how good the service is. i have 25mbps internet from rogers and i keep going over and i would like unlimited bandwith

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Bell just increased the price for home phone & internet service. I had my husband call & say he wanted to cancel because of the high price & because we were out of contract they gave us a deal for one year. The CSR also gave us last month's bill free-Awesome!!
    If you call, ask to be transferred to cancellation-they have the ability to give deals & discounts.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Great thread. Thank you for the info.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KashMoney View Post
    yes please tell how good the service is. i have 25mbps internet from rogers and i keep going over and i would like unlimited bandwith
    The service is great .

But I don't think ( not sure ) my unlimited plan is available anymore for NEW customer's for that cheap since 3Web was taken over by Distributel .

But old customer's like me are still on it .. $ 29/month for unlimited high speed internet . I get great downloading/uploading speeds + uninterrupted service from them .

I think third party provider's like Distributel , Teksavvy , Acanac are much cheaper than Bell/Rogers .

http://www.acanac.ca/

http://teksavvy.com/en/

http://www.distributel.ca/en/index.aspx
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Oct 7th, 2011 at 04:19 PM.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Make sure you write down the time & the day you called & also the name of the CSR you spoke to , just for your record .

Bell is notorious for lying on the phone about not signing up people for a contract ..whenever they give you a discount they almost always tie you up in a contract even if they tell you they don't on the phone .
    I agree.
    Document everything.

I negotiated a 20% discount from Bell for one year.
    I used their online chat feature, with a CS rep in India.
    I copied and pasted every word of the online chat.

Good thing, because two bills later, the discount was not applied.
    When I e-mailed head office and attached the chat, they gave me the one year and backdated my offer crediting me three months for the two months of headache.

When I can, I will be done with Bell. I am looking at Tek Savvy (a Bell wholesaler?)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Thank you very much, everybody for the great information!

My bell bill was doubled this Month, when I get statment, I will call Bell to cancel it.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I hate BELL! I have been in a 4 YEAR fight with them. They promised me 3 free months of t.v. when we were in the process of moving. When I cancelled after 2 months (as we had moved to new home with Shaw set up) they claimed I owed them $$ but each bill was different. One day I got 3 bills in the mail all different amounts.

Contacted a lawyer who said after 2 years their claim is void if they had a case they would have taken me to small claims court.

Last week (4 years later) again they called me 2x. Said the lawyer is wrong! Didn't know Bell hired lawyers to call and collect money??

I was stubborn - would I do it again - NO! But I and my family will never deal with Bell again and I have bad mouthed them every chance I get.

I took names and i.d. numbers, wrote down times I called, amount of time on the phone, wrote letters, talked countless times to different Bell employees. Contacted a lawyer. Nothing will get these zombies off of your case! Worst run company I have ever done business with. The end of my rant!
    Last edited by dagney; Fri, Oct 7th, 2011 at 05:52 PM. Reason: grammar

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dagney View Post
    Worst run company I have ever done business with. The end of my rant!
    Yes, I agree! I will be checking out these other offers next week. Bell has been overcharging me and making false promises for years! The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing, sure sign of a badly run business.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Bell are liers. Myself and friends had problems with them
    No worth at all

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

Teksavvy is awesome, switched from Rogers and am soo happy. My cap is 300 gb, I can't imagine ever using that much my hdd is only 250 lol. Use about 150/ month and its the same speeds.I was getting from Rogers (cause its their lines )

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information