User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    Where she lived before, heat was provided and often it was 25 in her place in the winter (I'd have to bring shorts when I came to visit, I hate being hot!).
    When we lived in Montreal, some of the embassy staff from Senegal had apts in the same building. The building was heated to 23/24 from the middle of Sept to the begining of May. More then once I took my garbage out in shorts and a t-shirt and found it was -20+C outside.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

we always try to go as long as we possibly can. lol. It's like a game or challenge to see how low on the thermometer it'll get before we cave in. There have been some years where we didn't turn it on til the beginning of Decemeber; other years it's been October. Kinda depends on what it's doing outside.

We have a weird combination of heat. Half the house is electric heat which we desperately try to avoid turning on because it's so friggin expensive; the other half of the house is gas furnace. DH finally caved and turned on the furnace because it's been wet and windy here for a couple of weeks. But the thermostat is set to 14C, so it's not exactly "warm" in here...but that's what slippers and sweaters are for.
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

we will be putting our heating on next Saturday as we have company arriving from Britain and one is an older man and he will feel the cold.

We do have the woodstove on in the family room to keep the downstairs warmer though.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

We turned on our heat a few weeks ago. I can`t tolerate the cold with arthritis. I can wear a sweater but when my hands get too cold I can`t crochet.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

NEVER! I hate being hot. We turn our electric fireplace on, on chilly mornings but that's IT

We may have to turn it on this year, because of Sparky's issues and when he gets cold.. not a pretty sight (He's currently balled up w/ a fleece blanket because I have the window open)
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

We turn ours own whenever the house cant stay at 20 on its own. So far we haven't had to turn ours on yet.

I guess it just all depends how much you use your oven, your insulation etc.

My dad lives down the road from me and turned his on weeks ago.

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

ive had it on for about a month now. my 3 year old is always a frozen popsicle even with sweaters and socks and such. plus i like it roasty toasty.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I have a heated mattress pad, one that will warm either side of the bed separately, and I preheat my side about a half hour or so before climbing in. Its awesome!
    As for the furnace, it comes on below 20. Thats all I can take.
    Funny, in the winter 23,24, feels nice and toasty in here, but in the summer, I only wish the house would cool down to 23-24 celcius.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

We never turn it on! Honestly. Since we sold our house and bought this condo, we have never turned on the thermostat. It's a concrete building with infloor heating. We are on the bottom floor and the heat from above keeps our condo just nice. Sometimes to hot, so I have to open the windows. It wouldn't matter as far as price, as our heat and electricity is included in our condo fee, but I can honestly say in the almost 2 years we have been here, we have never turned on the thermostat! Ha!
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I am one miserable person when I am cold. Heat is the one thing I don't mind paying for 20 is as cold as it gets in my house. I turned mine on weeks ago and the thermostat is set for 21.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    This thread is making me crave some hot cocoa.
    Later...

don't forget to buy the cocoa with free chocolate

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I dont put the heat on at all, last year, we had the heat on for a week in january LOL, we are in a 2nd floor apt, sandwiched so we get everyone elses heat. Right now we have all our fans going, the windows open and we are wearing shorts. Its about 2 outside.
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

had mine on for a few weeks.it gets super cold here

~just your average nerd~

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

I have turned the furnace off and on LOL for about the last week...off during the day since I have windows open...but the thermostat does not go past 19 ! and won't unless it gets super cold in the winter, otherwise I like it a little cool

Trading Score
    90 (100%)

It's been interesting read everyone's story, thanks for sharing and I hope others share. We caved and turned ours on today for one hour and its toasty in here now. It was at 17 and since I have CRPS i can't take the cold, as I am already freezing all the time. DH bought me some really furry socks for my birthday today and I love love them!
    Join Swagbucks Today!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/watergirl73
    I've made $50 how easy is that!
    Trade List and Wish List 2011

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information