User Tag List

Thread: Phone vent

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Do you have call display?

If so, do you use it to randomly call the people you find on it, after 10 p.m. (even if it's long distance), to ask, "I'm person X. Did you call me?"

We're out the door fairly early in the morning, so we're in bed fairly early too. My Mom lives with us, she's a senior, and like all of the world's population lucky enough to have phones, she does occasionally dial wrong, realize right away, and hangs up.

And like all of us, if she wanted to talk to the person she'd incorrectly dialed, she would have left a message! If you're so desperate for someone to talk to, dial a 1-900 number and pay for the privilege.

If the phone rings that late, we assume there's something bad happening. Please don't bother us with something so stupid as, "Did you call me? Do you know who I am?"

That concludes my phone rant, thanks for listening.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    27 (100%)

Just note the number and set your alarm for 4:00 am and give them a quick call!!! Just make sure you block out your phone number when you do it!!!
    Is it baseball season yet?

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Also please check I'm the correct D Penguin you want to to call. I really don't want to hear about your wife's affair with a Mr Penguin. My Mr P wasn't in Qc that week.

To my family on the other side of the pond...we are behind you by 5 hrs. We've been here 11 yrs and I still refuse to answer the phone to you at 4.30 am...

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I actually did that once, after numerous calls at 11 and 12 at night from some number where a party was going on. And since my husband and I are early risers (although I may not be out of bed, the phone is cordless....hehehehe) I called the number back at 5 in the morning, I let in ring and ring and ring, yep, put it down and had a coffee. Then came back and hung up the phone. Oh...then I called back again about 5 minutes later...hehehehe...let it ring and ring and ring and ring....you betcha...hung up and started all over again. I played for about 45 minutes, FINALLY someone answered the phone with a WTF I was shocked, hehehehe....oh I said I'm sorry, I must have the wrong number...hehehehe. You betcha, I dialed that number right back and let it ring and ring and ring...hehehehe never did get that late night call again, at least not from that number
    Last edited by hollyquaiscer; Thu, Oct 27th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I get it all the time at work, do people even LISTEN to there messages, cause if I accidentally call the wrong number I will leave a message saying so. GRRRR Sometimes I really hate call display!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I hate that! And they sound so confused calling back, if you don't recognize the number then don't call back! If it was important I would just call again some other time.
    I've earned $10 this week in amazon.ca giftcards.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Stephanie1991

Message me if you need any swagbucks advice!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

That is something I have never understood. Seriously if it is that important there will be a message or a call back. I think if someone does it to me again I will just say sorry I dont have a phone. See how much i can confuse them

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I896 using Tapatalk

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

If I want people badly enough I leave a message, I expect them to do the same!
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

One time, I went to call a friend and someone answered and I asked for my friend, and they told me I had the wrong number and hung up. THEN my friends Dad called and cussed me out, telling me to 'stop calling his house so much and prank calling' I had NEVER called him before, I just needed help with a project and facebook was frozen I was really bug eyed.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we get 1800/1888's at 9-10 at night.. need to buy an airhorn..
    even the kids freaking teacher calls 10pm at night... maybe theres a reason i don't want to talk to you.. but dont freakin call me at 10pm at night..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Due to the nature of my job, I often get calls at home from numbers I don't know, so I do call back numbers when I've missed a call.

That being said, I don't call them past 9pm, as I don't like to get phone calls later than 9pm.

What drives me crazy, is when someone dials a wrong number, I answer, and they don't say anything, just breathing. I say Hello, Hello, anyone there? And they loudly hang up the phone. If it's a wrong number, just say "Oh sorry, I must have the wrong number." I just find it so rude when someone calls and does that to me. Or when it's the same person calling repeatedly to the wrong number. Once, alright, twice, fine, but more than twice, not acceptable.

I once had a guy curse me out, because he called at 3am, wrong number, 3:15 wrong number, 3:30 wrong number. Apparently I was rude and the caller gave me choice words, because I told him to stop calling, as he had the wrong number, and repeatedly calling this number would not make stuart magically appear, and that some people had work in the morning, liking to sleep at night/early morning rather than answering repeated wrong number phone calls early in the morning.

Then there was this woman who called every morning at 5am and a few minutes after 5am for close to a week looking for gayle. I got so fed up with this woman, how many times does someone need to tell someone wrong number. In the end I was able to get her number blocked from calling mine. I love the call block feature on the phone in NS. I don't have that function in NB and I miss it. One of the best features for those annoying repeat wrong number offenders.

I often wondered who this Gayle woman was, and why someone would call her at 5am. I mean who seriously needs to call someone at 5am, way too early.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    44 (98%)

I've had those annoying calls before. What's good for the goose is good for the gander http://www.wakeupdialer.com/

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

I've had calls from the west coast before, California to be exact. I used to own my own pet sitting business in BC before moving to Halifax, and my company name is still the same (I'm trying to start back up). Well, when I googled the phone # that showed up on our call display at 11pm (7pm over there), I realized it was a company in Cali with the same name.

Needless to say, when I woke up at 6am a few days later, I made sure to call the number back knowing it was only 2am over there. How dare they call me at that time of night, waking up our son, for no reason?! Ugh, I hate that. I also sent them a not-so-friendly e-mail about not calling us ever again since we didn't even know them. We never did receive another phone call from them, nor did they respond to the email.

Thread Information