User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Back in July, DH lost his wallet. I was kind of mad about it at the time, he had lost it before just a month or two before that, but fortunately got it back. This time we didn't get it back. His house key was with it too, so I was having nightmares about some bad person finding a wallet with a current drivers license, with a current address on it, and a key to the house. But we cancelled/replaced everything, and that was that. I didn't change the locks, but probably should have.

It's been cold here the last few days, and so today I decided my little Columbia fleece would no longer cut it, it was time to pull out my winter jacket. So I did, and there was something fairly large in the pocket.

WTH was his wallet doing in MY WINTER JACKET? I certainly wasn't wearing it in July! We have no idea how this happened, only explanation we could think of is that he was putting his wallet into his jacket pocket where it normally resides, and he just picked the wrong jacket to stuff it into. I just couldn't believe that's where it was the whole time. Who would have thought to look in a winter jacket that happened to be hanging in the same closet as what he was wearing at the time?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Lol.
    You can find some great things the first time you put your winter jacket on each season.

Last year, I found 20 dollars. Don't know where that came from, but it sure came in handy.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Poltergeists. Yep.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

What a relief finding it.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I swear things grow legs in this house Things disappear and I find them later in the strangest places. I bought things for Halloween early and put it in a place I just knew I would remember. The day before I went to get it and only some of it was there. Had to go out and buy more and I still haven`t found the rest of it. I did find something that I lost last Christmas though.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

What a relief!! The stress would have gotten to me too. So glad you can relax about it now.

babies teach us acceptance

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

D'ohhhhhhh!!!

You didn't happen to find an envelope full of Crest FPC's in there too, did ya?!? I can't find those things anywhere.... but I know I put them in a 'good place'.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

My mind automatically went to someone found it used the key to get in and placed in in the coat bahahah

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

ya when our kids grew up we had to start blaming our losing things on each other.. glad you found it.. hubby is always finding something in his pockets.. money, cards.. now at least you can breathe a sigh of relief over the 'non'missing key.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    456 (100%)

Your story reminds of an incident that happened to us about 16 years ago. My DH was forever leaving his wallet in the car despite all my numerous warnings. His excuse was that we live outside the city limits and it was much safer hmmmm. So, I am in the middle of a meeting one day and I receive a call from my hubby telling me that he is being arrested. Keep in mind he is at home with our three young children then only 5, 2 and 1. I am getting a wee annoyed as I said I had a mini meeting going on in my office and DH sometimes has a strange sense of humor. I said ok thats nice but I am REALLY busy at the moment, I will call you back." Just that moment I can hear a walkie talkie type noise on his end and a mans voice saying "..ok sir.....".

OMG, he is being arrested! I start to ask how, what happened ect. DH says well someone stole my wallet, commited a crime and left it at the scene of the crime with only one pc of ID in it. DH says, you need to come home right now they are taking me away and no one is here to watch the kids. My work is 30 mins away from where we live and my hubby tells the officers that. Nope, not fast enough, I have to get someone at our house NOW or CFS will be called. I phoned a neighbor a few streets over and thank goodness she was home; she went to our house immediately.

Long and short, my hubby was finger printed to rule him out of the crime and we didn't get him home until 8hrs later. A few weeks later we received a call that they had stopped someone at one of those check stops and they were found carrying my DHs drivers licence.

Dos he leave his wallet in the car anymore.....not very often and definitely not intentionaly. I don't think I will ever forget this memory, still frightens me to this day.

So, I am very Happy that you found your hubby's wallet

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post
    Your story reminds of an incident that happened to us about 16 years ago. My DH was forever leaving his wallet in the car despite all my numerous warnings. His excuse was that we live outside the city limits and it was much safer hmmmm. So, I am in the middle of a meeting one day and I receive a call from my hubby telling me that he is being arrested. Keep in mind he is at home with our three young children then only 5, 2 and 1. I am getting a wee annoyed as I said I had a mini meeting going on in my office and DH sometimes has a strange sense of humor. I said ok thats nice but I am REALLY busy at the moment, I will call you back." Just that moment I can hear a walkie talkie type noise on his end and a mans voice saying "..ok sir.....".

OMG, he is being arrested! I start to ask how, what happened ect. DH says well someone stole my wallet, commited a crime and left it at the scene of the crime with only one pc of ID in it. DH says, you need to come home right now they are taking me away and no one is here to watch the kids. My work is 30 mins away from where we live and my hubby tells the officers that. Nope, not fast enough, I have to get someone at our house NOW or CFS will be called. I phoned a neighbor a few streets over and thank goodness she was home; she went to our house immediately.

Long and short, my hubby was finger printed to rule him out of the crime and we didn't get him home until 8hrs later. A few weeks later we received a call that they had stopped someone at one of those check stops and they were found carrying my DHs drivers licence.

Dos he leave his wallet in the car anymore.....not very often and definitely not intentionaly. I don't think I will ever forget this memory, still frightens me to this day.

Wow! I've got nothing to top that (thank goodness).

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coyote00 View Post

My BF leaves his wallet in the car and I constantly tell him NOT TO..I will read this story to him hopefully he will get a clue lol

Thread Information