User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by safielstar View Post
    They give me the creeps...I get their view on birth control but seriously, 20 kids is a bit much for anyone to swallow (and I agree that rather than add to the world's population to such a great extent they could easily adopt children).

Plus I don't like how they assign stereotypical gender roles, the boys all help out in the family business and the girls help around the household and help raise the little ones. I find it very weird that all the girls have long hair and all wear skirts (I have never seen pants on any of them), I find it hard to believe that out of that many girls there isn't a single one that doesn't want a hair cut now and then or to wear a pair of jeans. I like most of their values, its nice to see that every so often, but the whole treatment of the girls really gets to me.
    They wear pants!! I've seen them on the show wearing one. Well, bermuda shorts (Yes! LEG)

OK. Not to sound rude or offend anyone. But watching the show earlier one of the teen boys was talking and all I could say was "Oh my gosh.. he's gay" NOW, before you all take out your pitchforks. My brother is, my cousin is, I totally respect and understand that. It's the fact their sooooooo religious, I kinda of feel bad, how would his family react? EVEN if he isn't, what IF someone was, or someone kissed someone before marriage.

Sometimes i'll think 'it must be fun..' then I look around and see i'm sitting in a quiet room, unbothered and playing on my computer (which they can't use unless its for school).

I still really like their family.
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    from wiki

So yeah...they took tv money...

Also JimBob was an Arkansas state representive which appears to give him a pension and more importantly free health-care for him and his family.

umm I don't recall saying they didn't use any money towards there house I think that would be stupid but they had money saved up for their dream home, more importantly they talk about saving money like going to thrift stores ect. Wether or not they get money from TLC they sure are more grounded money wise then some tv people.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

They use College Plus. at least one of the girls appears to follow tradition roles like nursing while her male sibling are heading down the lawyer route.

College Plus is a form of distance learning so I'm guessing a co-ed uni isn't part of the Duggar children's exposure to life.

and your point At least there doing college and not going to get married and have babies.......

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    . The family before they even started this show had money Jim Bob had alot of investment if you reamber the very first show was them building their dream home(this was without TLC money)
    my bold..
    from wiki

So yeah...they took tv money...

Also JimBob was an Arkansas state representive which appears to give him a pension and more importantly free health-care for him and his family.
    umm I don't recall saying they didn't use any money towards there house I think that would be stupid but they had money saved up for their dream home, more importantly they talk about saving money like going to thrift stores ect. Wether or not they get money from TLC they sure are more grounded money wise then some tv people.
    Youy spefically said they built their home without (TLC) money but Discovery and corporate sponsors helped them them

The home was completed on January 20, 2006. The painting, decorating, furnishings, appliances, and other finishing touches—such as a stocked pantry—were provided by Discovery Networks and corporate sponsors as part of the one-hour television special[13] entitled 16 Children and Moving In.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Good for them!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

It's all been said...so all I'll add is that I'm very fearful for the health of the new baby. Josie should have been a warning message to them...I personally think that now it's just selfish of them to bring another little one into the world who may have to fight for her or his life (again), only this time the outcome may not be so perfect.....We also don't know how Josie will be when she grows...her speech, etc...who knows how she may have been affected by her difficult beginning...I know they'd love the child no matter what happens, but can you imagine what it would be like if something happens to her?!!

I just don't understand it. Can they not keep away from each other at all?!!
    This can be so dangerous for both Mom and baby......

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I am mixed on the news I love this family but after Josie I would be scared having another one. I think in my opinion the older kids choose what they what to do to help with the younger ones they seem to enjoy it. The last episode a few weeks back ago they had personal tutors in for the older ones for college prep including the girls. If they were stuck in gender role they would not have this. Also beleive if they were stuck in gender role why are two of the girls vol firefighters? I also beleive some would be married off by now if they were like that. I think some of the comments maybe people should see the family more just because the wear skirts dosn't mean they have the apron on 24 hours. The family before they even started this show had money Jim Bob had alot of investment if you reamber the very first show was them building their dream home(this was without TLC money). Maybe not everyones cup a tea but happy for them all the same and I can 100% say I will take the Dugger's in a store anyday over some of the brats(sorry if blunt but their are a few out their)that are beyond rude.
    +1
    You took the words right out of my mouth KK7! I love the Duggar's and I am going to pray this new baby beats the odds and goes full term for Michelle.

They need another J name? Hmmm??? Maybe " Justsayno "

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

A really cool thing about the Duggers is they are totally debt free. If the average person was debt free like them banks and credit card companies would go under. When they built their house they were doing the construction on it and debt free... but tlc picked them up and their house they had rented until the house they were building was about to be torn down so they had to hire a contractor to speed things up.
    Consider how they live. Do they love their children? Can they support another child? I can only say... that house is filled with love... not one of their children is doing drugs.. they teach their children to put a high value on themselves and how to run a household.... nobody is sneaking out and partying.... they have a high respect for adults and don't swear.

If we took a pole of 19 random kids the same ages, how do you think we would stack up? The Dugger's may not share the same lifestyle i want.... however they have a outstanding track record with their children and they are defiantly doing something right.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Mech8629 View Post
    I guess it will take the death of a baby (or maybe not) or the mother to get them to stop having babies. They obviously did not learn with the last one being so premautre.
    Sadly, I suspect should Michelle die, then Jim would marry a younger woman and have more kids.

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

To each their own but the thought of twenty kids gives me the heebie jeebies!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

If all 20 of there children had 20 kids each. Michelle and Jim Bob Duggar would be grandparents to 400 grandchildren!!!! That is allot of Christmas present haha

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Found this on a blog, the author asked the Duggars a few questions...

Q: Do the Duggars use coupons?
    A: Most stores they shop at are wholesale and do not accept coupons. Jim Bob also admits that they do not have enough time to coupon.

Q: Why is it a family rule not to dance?
    A: It's not a rule, but a personal conviction that both Jim Bob and Michelle share.

Q: Do the Duggars give their kids timeouts?
    A: Yes, but typically not for correction. When the children are becoming overly rowdy, Michelle tells them to grab a book and sit quietly to calm down.

Q: How do Jim Bob and Michelle effectively bathe all their little ones on a regular basis?
    A: It's an assembly line. They gather all the necessary items (pajamas, towels, diapers, etc), fill the tub, and try to bathe the cleanest child first.

Q: What would it take to date a Duggar girl?
    A: "Talk to my dad," says Jill. "He knows what we're looking for in a guy and future spouse."

Q: Do the Duggars have Facebook or Twitter accounts?
    A: None living at home do, but there are plenty of imposters. Josh and Anna had a Facebook account, but then someone told Facebook that it was a fake.

Q: What brought upon the need to bring 19 children into an overpopulated world?
    A: "One of the greatest myths in today's society is that the world is overpopulated," says Jim Bob. "By raising these children to love the Lord and to serve and love others...that hopefully is going to make a difference for good in our world," says Michelle.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by VeeVee View Post

Q: What would it take to date a Duggar girl?
    A: "Talk to my dad," says Jill. "He knows what we're looking for in a guy and future spouse."
    Shudders......I doubt any man knows what his daughters are looking for in a future partner. He knows only what HE wants his daughters to hvae.

I suspect he also vets his future daughters-in-law as well.

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by xox2010 View Post
    I honestly thought Josie would be the last for them, but they've proved me wrong.
    I hope both Michelle and the baby have a complication free pregnancy, birth and life.
    I totally agree. Having a 1 lb baby would make me very worried about another baby...
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I didn't get to watch the end of the Q&A from last night what did he answer when they asked if he ever got upset?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information