User Tag List

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

link
    British-centric but worth a read/watch.
    Asda is part of Walmart.

Britain's biggest supermarkets spend a lot of advertising money telling us they offer great value. But an investigation by Panorama has revealed that not all "bargains" are quite what they seem.
    The deals at Asda, Tesco, Morrisons and Sainsbury's might seem to be everywhere, but strip away the jargon and catchy promises of "huge savings" and "special offers" and you are just as likely to find tactics that experts say range from a bit cheeky to others that could lead to prosecutions for breach of consumer protection regulations.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Not surprized at all - it's very rare that we shop at WM. Their lowest price hasn't been 'the law' for very many years...

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I knew that about WM, they have done a really good job advertising that they are the lowest, when in fact their prices compare with just about anywhere else, even Loblaws' prices (when I worked there) were always about the same price. SDM is slightly different, they tend to have higher reg. prices but generally have good sales (and then coupled with the points it makes them a popular destination regardless).
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Thread Information