User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Less then an hour ago they announced that today at their appointment the doctor was unable to find a heartbeat, and they lost their child.

Just a month after announcing she was pregnant.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_16...of-20th-child/
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

it's sad news.. the loss of any child (due to miscarriage or otherwise) is always sad... but..(i'm trying to walk as soft footed as i can) maybe they should take it as a sign that it's time to stop having more children and start enjoying the pitter patter of little grandchildren
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

They had revealed WHY they keep having children, not that long ago. Let me find the article..

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ok I can't find the link, but it read that she was on the birth control after her first child, then got pregnant (while on the pill) and miscarried. They said their doctor told them it was a side effect of getting pregnant while on the pill, even if they were not 'wanting' any more, it happened. This scared them away from birth control (and some Christian reasons) and have let God choose what'll be best for them.

Pretty much what it says, in a nutshell

Either way, i'm real sad for them. They said last night, they were thinking of names with the kids'
    Last edited by Brandy Hunter; Thu, Dec 8th, 2011 at 07:36 PM.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

That's so very sad.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

They follow Quiverfull...

Quiverfull is a movement among some conservative evangelical Christian couples chiefly in the United States, but with some adherents in Canada,[1] Australia, New Zealand, Britain and elsewhere.[2] It promotes procreation, and sees children as a blessing from God,[2][3][4] eschewing all forms of birth control, including natural family planning and sterilization.[5][6] Adherents are known as "quiver full", "full quiver", "quiverfull-minded", or simply "QF" Christians. Some refer to the Quiverfull position as Providentialism,[7] while other sources have referred to it as a manifestation of natalism.[8][9] Currently several thousand Christians worldwide identify with this movement.[5] It began to receive significant attention in the U.S. national press in 2004.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

it certainly is sad.no one ever wants to lose a child,but i stand by my original opinion months back,that they should stop.

i was hoping this baby would make it and they would stop as she has had difficult pregnancies before,unfortunately that is not the case...

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

now that i read what they follow it makes me even sadder for them,as i feel they will only suffer more heartache due to their religion... (shakes head)

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianBella View Post
    Ok I can't find the link, but it read that she was on the birth control after her first child, then got pregnant (while on the pill) and miscarried. They said their doctor told them it was a side effect of getting pregnant while on the pill, even if they were not 'wanting' any more, it happened. This scared them away from birth control (and some Christian reasons) and have let God choose what'll be best for them.
    100% of women I know who miscarried did because they were pregnant, not for any other reason. Blaming HBC or any other reason* makes the family feel like it was nothing they had done.

* I had 2 m/c between the birth of DD2 and DS.
    Reasons people gave me to make me "feel better" included

1) it was God's will
    2) Mother Nature correcting a mistake
    3)you're too old
    4) you MUST have done something
    5) it just wasn't to be
    and my all time fave
    6) you're just covering up an abortion of a girl since you really wanted a son....

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post
    100% of women I know who miscarried did because they were pregnant, not for any other reason. Blaming HBC or any other reason* makes the family feel like it was nothing they had done.

1) it was God's will
    3)you're too old
    5) it just wasn't to be
    and my all time fave
    6) you're just covering up an abortion of a girl since you really wanted a son....
    wow..just wow..how can someone say any of those things? i would have decked them.a simple sorry is enough i think.i hate personally getting the "it is god's will" when something tragic happens.ive gotten it,and snapped at the person.this is just me...but #6? just...wow...what the heck?

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I feel sad for them, but at the same time, their last child was a preemie and she herself could have died. That would seem like a sign from their god not to continue. I understand children are great and all, but they already have 19....can't they...hang out with those ones?
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Penguin View Post

1) it was God's will
    3)you're too old
    5) it just wasn't to be
    and my all time fave
    Sad that people want to tell you why, but don't realize the hurt they are inflicting.

Amazing how much the ordinary person knows about "You", your anatomy and your fertility. They must all be obstetrician magicians.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TudorChick View Post
    wow..just wow..how can someone say any of those things? i would have decked them.a simple sorry is enough i think.i hate personally getting the "it is god's will" when something tragic happens.ive gotten it,and snapped at the person.this is just me...but #6? just...wow...what the heck?
    #6 was from a now former friend of mine...and she wonders why I don't have anything to do with her..
    We had wanted 3 children the gender wasn't relevant, though it is nice to have a son

I've always gone for the " I'm sorry to hear that' , " I know how excited you were".. Empathy all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    Sad that people want to tell you why, but don't realize the hurt they are inflicting.

Amazing how much the ordinary person knows about "You", your anatomy and your fertility. They must all be obstetrician magicians.
    They could make a fortune if they put their powers to work for the good of the world rather tha b!tching about things they don't know.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

That is very sad, no one should have to go through that.

But I also stand on my orginal opinion that they should have stopped after their last child was born premature. They knew the risks IMHO.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

That's horrible I don't care if you have 1 child or 50 children a miscarriage is a loss and it hurts. I also suffered a miscarriage before DD#2 and, like Darth, I heard it all. I think "it just wasn't meant to be" and "everything happens for a reason"- those were the hardest to hear, especially right after it happened.
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information