User Tag List

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: How much do you spend on groceries?

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

For now, living on mostly on the stockpile, 30$/week for to biiiiiig eaters!

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

Omg!! There is no way I spend $800 to $1000 a month on food,pet food,beauty products, paper products, cleaning supplies etc! $60 a week my teenagers would eat me!!! Maybe it is more expensive here? With coupons I just keep lots stocked up we are also gluten,beef, soya, preservative, pork and almost all dairy free. So it really adds up!
    Oh and we don't eat out
    Last edited by Abby5; Thu, Feb 2nd, 2012 at 07:43 PM.
    New mom October 2014!

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

It's so cool to hear about everyone elses grocery budgets. I will share my grocery budget with you as well.

When I was in college at 16 (I know...but I don't feel that young anymore LOL) I had the very best roommate for 4 years. Her mom was a chef on a cruise ship and taught her a whole lot about how to make food last forever because they only got to stop once a week for food if they were lucky.

Anyway, Lila could make us meals for one month on $120...only $60 each!! She taught me that a chicken is not just a chicken, it is soup, it is sandwiches (oh she made the best sandwiches) and it's another 3 meals after that too. The first month I thought she was nuts but she said give me the 60 bucks and I'll prove it to you. And boy did she ever. We ate out once a week at the local little tiny maw and paw restaurant and it wasn't very good but it was our treat.

I took her teachings with me when we left school (still talk to her all the time) and my mom and I can seem to do it on $150 a month for the 2 of us. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be as good as Lila and my sandwiches don't even come close to hers but either way I tell her all the time that I appreciate her teaching me how to grocery shop only once yup including frozen milk (that part I don't miss). We used to travel almost an hour on a bus to pick up food for the month but it was well worth it!

I now feed my mom and I on about $150 a month, couponing helps of course so I would say with coupons we might spend about $100. This does not include Dog anything (I have 5 dogs) but because I am a registered breeder I get an excellent deal on top quality dog food! Here's the sad part! I spend $180 on dog food every month!! LOL we should all just start eating kibble! It would be cheaper and it's 100% a full balanced diet! Excuse me while I go and grab my favorite squeaky toy! LOL
    super_e and Tbites like this.
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Wow that is amazing! I would love to learn too!! Could we chat more about this???

Quote Originally Posted by fourfurryfeet View Post
    It's so cool to hear about everyone elses grocery budgets. I will share my grocery budget with you as well.

When I was in college at 16 (I know...but I don't feel that young anymore LOL) I had the very best roommate for 4 years. Her mom was a chef on a cruise ship and taught her a whole lot about how to make food last forever because they only got to stop once a week for food if they were lucky.

Anyway, Lila could make us meals for one month on $120...only $60 each!! She taught me that a chicken is not just a chicken, it is soup, it is sandwiches (oh she made the best sandwiches) and it's another 3 meals after that too. The first month I thought she was nuts but she said give me the 60 bucks and I'll prove it to you. And boy did she ever. We ate out once a week at the local little tiny maw and paw restaurant and it wasn't very good but it was our treat.

I took her teachings with me when we left school (still talk to her all the time) and my mom and I can seem to do it on $150 a month for the 2 of us. I have come to terms with the fact that I will never be as good as Lila and my sandwiches don't even come close to hers but either way I tell her all the time that I appreciate her teaching me how to grocery shop only once yup including frozen milk (that part I don't miss). We used to travel almost an hour on a bus to pick up food for the month but it was well worth it!

I now feed my mom and I on about $150 a month, couponing helps of course so I would say with coupons we might spend about $100. This does not include Dog anything (I have 5 dogs) but because I am a registered breeder I get an excellent deal on top quality dog food! Here's the sad part! I spend $180 on dog food every month!! LOL we should all just start eating kibble! It would be cheaper and it's 100% a full balanced diet! Excuse me while I go and grab my favorite squeaky toy! LOL
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AlyssaD11

Lets Trade Coupons Click here ---> Trade List

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

I thought to share our totals for the month of January....for six of us (boys are all teenagers/young adults) and a whole gaggle of friends who show up for food on Sundays....

$355.54....this is just food and I do have two freezers and a stocked pantry with home made juice etc.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by momof5boys View Post
    I thought to share our totals for the month of January....for six of us (boys are all teenagers/young adults) and a whole gaggle of friends who show up for food on Sundays....

$355.54....this is just food and I do have two freezers and a stocked pantry with home made juice etc.

Can I ask how you make your own juice?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I would be super interested in this as well. Very impressive.

Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

DaneCrazySCNewbie fourfurryfeet's Avatar
    Trading Score
    90 (100%)

I will make a list and talk to Lila and see if she will write stuff out for me to post here. I will get back to ya'll on this.
    What do you mean you didn't use a coupon??????

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

New mom October 2014!

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EricsMom View Post
    Can I ask how you make your own juice?
    I have a large stove top juicer (from Finland) that has three parts to it. The bottom is for the water; middle section collects the juice and top section holds the fruit. The boiling water steams the juice out of the fruit - it's an amazing process really. I have used pears, grapes, apples, blackberries, blueberries, raspberries, rhubarb and combinations of fruit all with great success. The juice comes out of a tube (from the section that collects the juice) when unclamped and goes straight into bottles that I sterilize. I have also just let the juice flow into a pan, cool it, and put it into containers for the freezer.

I usually mix my home made juice with store bought apple juice so that I usually don't have to add any or just very little sugar. We all love this juice and I really can't make enough...sigh...it is usually gone by spring and I make A LOT lol

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Since I started tracking last year, we spent about $300-400 a month for 3 of us. This keeps the house stocked with canned soups, lunch snacks, lunch meat and fresh fruit/veggies. I was tracking some things that weren't necessarily "groceries" last year though, so this year I'm only tracking food, household cleaners and stuff like that. Before I included the occasional clothes, and such, which I'm not going to track any more.

We used to spend $400 a month on groceries before easily, but never had quite the amount of stuff that we do now, like extra paper towel, toilet paper, shampoo, razors, canned soups, pasta, snacks, cereals. Now we spend pretty much the same, but have a lot more to show for it. Before we'd spend $400.00, but didn't have much in the way of "extras". Maybe some extra soups or a back-up TP, but now we are stocked on everything we "need" except the perishables.
    Visit my Facebook page for updates on Swagbucks, PrizeZombie, GiftHulk and more: http://www.facebook.com/<wbr>MoneyMakersandSavers
    Join me at ClixSense and earn Paypal cash: http://www.clixsense.com/?4773591

Trading Score
    450 (100%)

I will make a list and talk to Lila and see if she will write stuff out for me to post here. I will get back to ya'll on this.
    Just wondering if you might have an update ?
    Would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks.
    Trade List /Wishlist: http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/382792-dreamcatcher1962s-trade-wish-lists-canada/#post5928904

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Wow, I feel like I'm spending a lot on food! Some of you say you spend around $60-80 per week on groceries for a family of 4?! Do you also eat out? How much do you spend eating out?

I live with my 20-something, 6-foot-3, 220-pound "baby" brother who eats a lot of meat. I spend anywhere from $500 to $700 a month on food which includes groceries, snacks and eating out. And that's just what I pay. In addition, he eats out every weekday for lunch, sometimes dinner as well.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by EvilTofu View Post
    Wow, I feel like I'm spending a lot on food! Some of you say you spend around $60-80 per week on groceries for a family of 4?! Do you also eat out? How much do you spend eating out?

I live with my 20-something, 6-foot-3, 220-pound "baby" brother who eats a lot of meat. I spend anywhere from $500 to $700 a month on food which includes groceries, snacks and eating out. And that's just what I pay. In addition, he eats out every weekday for lunch, sometimes dinner as well.
    Lately, we've been spending max $92 on food per week for six of us + often our boys have friends over for dinner....we very rarely ever eat out. My secret is my garden in the summer, shopping sales and stocking up, watching for reduced sticker items on meats, baking nearly everything (I save at least $100 per month this way) and having two good sized freezers and using coupons of course We are also very fortunate that our RCSS allows us to use both a manufacturers coupon and their coupon zone coupon together (provided the coupon zone coupon doesn't say 'manufacturer' on it). I know there has been a whole discussion about this on this forum a while back, but rest assured that our RCSS store management allows this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

$20-$25 per week for 2 adults.

Shopping mostly loss- leaders and price matching in a casual way and no coupons (yet).

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information