User Tag List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree290Likes

Thread: How much do you spend on groceries?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I TRY to keep it around $60/week for a family of 4. I like to hit the grocery stores first thing in the morning after dropping my son off at school so that I can get some of the marked down meats that they have!
    This saves me a ton of money!

claires mommy too! <3 gracesmommy's Avatar
    Trading Score
    392 (100%)

we're anywhere from $80-$120ish. thats for family of 4. it depends on sales..if there's a good sale on something i'll stock up then. my kids go through fruit and yogurt like mad. a few weeks ago i was able to get by on under $40 for the week.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i just got my credit card statement and i spend about $200.00 a month on food/groceries for myself.... guess that's pretty average?!!
    Giseledta likes this.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We used to spend about $200-250/week for a family of 4 but I am working on getting that down to around $100-125/week. We eat very healthy too with lots of fish and vegetarian items and eat mostly at home. I am really working on it and I think this month we may get there!
    super_e likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I get food for just myself, and it averages out to $25 a week. Some weeks I get more and some less but it goes to about $100 a month, so. Sometimes it's a little more if I eat out, but I don't do that very often.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

We spend on average $50 week for hubby, DS and I. Plus we purchase our chickens, garlic sausage, eggs (sometimes), chicken pot pies and bacon from a hudderite colony. So that is another $25-$50 per month. Monthly average is $225 - $250. IF I find a really good deal worth stocking up on I might go over by $25 or so.

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I spend anywhere between $100-130 a week for the three of us (myself, DH, DD), but that includes groceries, personal care, cleaning/laundry, and baby items (diapers, wipes, formula) because I only shop once a week and buy everything at once. We don't eat out anymore so we eat everything at home.

We're also working on building our stockpile, so if there's a good sale and I have lots of coupons I'll stock up; plus we also keep a lookout for things to buy and save for gift baskets we make at Christmas.

momof5boys
    Trading Score
    509 (100%)

Ditto on the stocking up when there is a good sale. I really scored this week at RCSS in our area on cereal. We are allowed to use their coupon zone coupons along with manufacturers coupons (as long as the cpn zone doesn't say manufacturers on it). They treat their coupon zone coupons (with even the tax deducted) as a store discount so bonus for us. I bought a lot of boxes of cereal and bottles of body wash this week for very little cost. It looks like our monthly grocery bill (only includes food) is coming in at under $400 this month..yeah! That is for six of us (all kids are teenagers/young adults).

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

About 250$ for two people per month. Vegetables get expensive when they aren't on sale, but I don't really have freezer space. Fruit we always get on sale. I don't use many coupons, no processed foods.

I figure if I make my own hummus I could save some money, we go through so much of it....I think that's next weeks goal though...
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    About 250$ for two people per month. Vegetables get expensive when they aren't on sale, but I don't really have freezer space. Fruit we always get on sale. I don't use many coupons, no processed foods.

I figure if I make my own hummus I could save some money, we go through so much of it....I think that's next weeks goal though...

mmmm, hummus is my fave.
    Since I moved back to Winnipeg, my grandad has been over every sunday with a big homemade container of it.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    mmmm, hummus is my fave.
    Since I moved back to Winnipeg, my grandad has been over every sunday with a big homemade container of it.
    Mmmm lucky! I think making it would really help lower my grocery bill, I spend 6$ at least weekly on a tub that doesn't last very long (I think it's organic, but it has all natural ingredients, same as if I made it kind of thing)
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    471 (100%)

There are 2 adults, 3 teenagers, 3 lg dogs, and 6 cats(we have a rescue) in our family and we spend about 300.00 a month on groceries, household, and pet food. I am blessed though and I have the advantage of Double Coupon Day every Wednesday at Co-op and a Sobeys that has an amazing meat clearance rack right by my house so I can stalk it every day.

We eat according to what is on sale and as little processed food as possible.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lekate View Post
    Mmmm lucky! I think making it would really help lower my grocery bill, I spend 6$ at least weekly on a tub that doesn't last very long (I think it's organic, but it has all natural ingredients, same as if I made it kind of thing)

:O

Well you could def save yourself at LEAST half of your monthly hummus $$ if you made it on your own. It's soo easy too, as long as you have a food processor or a really good blender. Those chickpeas are a pain to mash/crush otherwise. lol.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

we spend like $150 and little up..

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Wow you all are doing great! I hve been couponing for 3 months now and we still spend $200 week on groceries (includes produce, meat, tissue & paper towel, dental hygiene stuff, cleaning products). There are 5 of us, 2 adults, an 8 year old, a 3 year old and a 10 month old. We are definitely getting much more for our money but I also want to build a stockpile and I find that if I cut my budget it'll take forever to build a stockpile. I do however plan to cut my weekly budget by $50 a week this coming month so that we can really start seeing the benefits of couponing.
    Swagbucks is the best way to get free stuff for surfing the web.... please use my referral link
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/AlyssaD11

Lets Trade Coupons Click here ---> Trade List

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information