User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Crazy Croatian Couponer HelenaZAE's Avatar
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Cross your fingers please, it might end today or tomorrow. Theres a new propasal from the city.
    Did you know that the union guy only gets strike pay plus $200 extra a month? I just learned that. He has got one sucky job and I thought we had it bad, at least we don't get bombarded by the media. I actually feel real bad for him and the things I said about him out loud and the things I thought in my head

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

That would be wonderful Helena!

My DS is five, he's been home sick for the past three days, so today I took him to the doctor. $10 each way for a *&^%# taxi, it was too far for him to walk. Next Wednesday we both have dental appointments, but it will probably cost double that for a taxi so I'm planning on postponing that one unless we have transit.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

The union votes friday 10am-2pm. My husband is voting yes as long as it is good enough. I'm hoping they took that rostering thing away, its the only thing standing in the way of us not turning to the food bank That is if I didn't crazy coupon, but I know there are some out there that are turning there now. I hate the fact that this has caused so many issues for people that already have issues. It doesn't affect the people who would have the time to stand up and fight back. Single parents, low income, elderly. These people already work so hard they don't have time to sleep let alone call and complain, its just another stress added on UHG! I'm really starting to hate our government and politics in general. The older I get, the more nasty and scary the world seems. I wish I could put those youthful blinders back on

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I'm only 23 and I don't have 'youthful blinders' Life is painfully real and financial situations effect me too.

I haven't been able to go to my college for classes in three weeks which means this semester was a complete waste. that's $2500 + the cost of the bus pass for the year for nothing.

I've pretty much been living off of popcorn and french fries because
    I can't get to the grocery store and I have little to no resources to pool to help

If there were busses I would in turn be able to be self sufficient and not fail at life right now..

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I am hardly going anywhere because of the busses situation. I am only doing a bit of volunteer work from home because I am disabled so, I have just been grateful that I didn't have to deal with that. I have cancelled most medical things, other outings and my little shopping for savings trips are not happening. Getting anxious for this to be over.

I hope they get to keep their rostering but I just want it over.
    For my referral to Swagbucks, click this link.

http://www.swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=1265083

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

That's exactly why I am hating the government "Chellezilla" People like you are the ones who suffer the most. Everyone is suffering but when you 're a student, you are already suffering. (I remember those days and don't wish them on anyone ) If you can try and get your tuition back, there is a cut off time for full and partial return, at least that way you get something back and you can even go to the registrar and speak to them directly. I don't know why they don't think buses are essential, well I do - If they are are essential then it means more money for HRM, but how do they expect the low income people to survive. UHG!
    By youthful blinders, I mean like when your 5. My daughter keeps asking to buy things, do things, go places cause she has no clue how much money it takes and when I ask her if she has money, she pretends to give me some. If only the grocery store took invissable money My 2.5 yr old thinks the rides at the mall take pennies HA! if only they did but the way things are going now in this economy $1 is almost the same as a penny.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

So hubby is back and it looks like a NO. HRM is still trying to push the rostering thing down their throuts. Sucky!
    This rostering sucks the big one and I don't get why they are shovelling it at everyone. If it happens I'll become a single mother for 6 out of 7 days - not fun for me and the people who take the bus won't be safe in my opinion. They arn't that safe now with some of the drivers driving 12 hours straight. Rostering will have them potentially driving 3 hours then 3 hours then 8 hours in one day Thats 14 hours of driving. I know how I get driving for 2 hours, I don't know how they do it. My hubby actually caught himself closing his eyes while driving on many occassions and he's heard worse stories from other drivers. I want the buses back just like everyone else, I need money to feed my kids, but they need to have a daddy too and I would like to keep the friends and family I have that take the bus. Why can't jobs think first about safety and then profits UHG!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by helenazae View Post
    so hubby is back and it looks like a no.
    augh!

In other news, I had capitalized that, and it made it lower case!
    Last edited by Zonny; Fri, Feb 24th, 2012 at 12:38 PM.

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Thats real funny about the capitals. My 2.5 yr old typed on the computer and now my arrow keys don't work.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information